Lowest prices for your stay
US$40
Booking.comUS$39
PricelineUS$50
Trip.comUS$35
1,696 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed 2 nights for my summer trip. The room is VERY small but if you travel alone, it won't matter. Accommodations included free WIFI and local TV, Hair drier and electric pot but no fridge. The location is right behind Lan Kwai Fong, and the central MTR station is just 5-7 minutes walk away. I was happy with the stay because it was a short and alone trip and if you don't spend much time at your hotel, then I think this hotel could be a good choice for your money.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank SHByun
JeanneLee, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear SHByun,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor and thank you for the positive feedback.

We look forward seeing you again.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2012

From the moment I walked into the understated and airy lobby and spoke to the well-trained, polite and efficient staff I wanted so much to love my stay here. Unfortunately in the end I was only able to quite like it! I just wasn't able to shake off the feeling that in some areas not enough effort had been made.

The details of the minimalist concept and size of rooms in this converted office building has been well rehearsed elsewhere, so I won't repeat. In some areas such as the absence of bottled water in rooms, scuffed walls and grimy under-bed space the Mini Central lets itself down.

Balanced against that is an unrivalled location. You really could not ask for a more central location in Central HK, and the reception staff are efficient and friendly. I asked for, and was cheerfully granted, a one-hour extension to checkout.

It is a comment that could be aimed at almost any hotel in HK, some much worse than this one but I still have to say it. Accommodation is so expensive in HK that it has to be harming the tourism industry. The expense, relative to almost anywhere else in the East Asia region, causes me (and I am sure many more) to stay in HK for the shortest time possible. If you are going to charge HK prices and you have clearly put such thought into the design, then demonstrating that little extra effort is all the more called for.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank TaiwanIrish
mini hotel C, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear Taiwanlrish,

Thank you for your complete review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor, our staff and location. I regret to learn that the hotel room was not completely up to your satisfaction. Quality controls are conducted every day in every room and some corrective action have been taken. I wish to apologize for the inconvenience this have caused.

Our guestrooms are not equipped with bottled water, I understand this may not suit each and every one of our guest, therefore we have a kettle in the room and exceptionally provide a vending machine at our lobby lounge with a range of amenities that guests really need for.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hotel and rooms were very clean and modern. The price for hong Kong was reasonable. The rooms and bathroom are very small. It would be very difficult for two to stay in one room. You will want to take a taxi from MTR and don't try to walk there with luggage. To get to the hotel from the MTR you have to climb up a hill which includes a large number of steps to get to the hotel!

Room tip: I tried deleting the rating on the pool but couldn't figure it out. I don't think the hotel has a pool.

Dear RickRG,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and specially for the tips for future guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and remain at your disposal.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at the Mini Hotel Central for 3 nights in July on my first visit to Hong Kong. I booked it based on the following criteria - convenient location on Hong Kong Island, free wifi, cheap but still had private bathroom.

I had some doubts after reading some rather awful reviews but the price was right and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did! I arrived late at night but check in was polite and pleasant (not like the taxi driver I had from the station!)

The room was SMALL but you should know this already from the hotel name. It was fine for me as I was travelling alone and only planning to sleep at the hotel, but I wouldn't recommend it for more than one person.

Room:
- I thought the room layout really made good use of the available space
- bed was nice and spacious for one person
- walls could use a new coat of paint but my bathroom was sparkling clean
- wifi connection in the room and in the lobby was fast and reliable, so convenient when travelling!
- the lack of mirror above the bathroom sink is a bit annoying, I think they could replace one window with a mirror as there was no view from the window anyway
- the room definitely has a moisture problem as there were damp patches on the ceiling and the mirrors kept fogging up just from having the aircon on. This probably needs to be looked at.

Overall
- Service was great, staff were polite and professional at all times and I was able to leave my luggage on the day I checked out with no issues
- Location was PERFECT, simply walk down the flight of stairs right next to the hotel and you are minutes away from Central Station, shops, bars etc.
- Hong Kong is not a cheap place to stay overall, and I think this hotel was great value for money for a solo traveller. If I am ever back by myself I will definitely consider staying here again.

5  Thank budge185
mini hotel C, Sales & Marketing Executives at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Budge185,

Thank you for staying with mini and taking time writing us a great comment.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel, our staff and location, your positive feedback will certainly be very useful to future travelers.

I regret that you experienced a moisture problem with the air conditioning and we’ll keep a close eye on it and to rectify problem immediately.

May you come again and again and we will be at your disposal to prepare and enhance your stay.

Please contact me directly for next reservation.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2012

This cute hotel is in a great location on Icehouse St, veru close to both the business area, and a huge number of bars and restaurants. Decor is modern and simple, but beware - the rooms are tiny and the bathroom (at least mine) was the smallest I've EVER encountered. I'm a pretty skinny guy and could barely move in the shower - a solidly built guest would really struggle. The staff weren't especially friendly or helpful, but that seems pretty common in HK, except at the very high-end establishments.

Aircon was noisy, but it wasn't necessary to run it all the time.

1  Thank JafaExplorer
mini hotel C, Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thankyou JafaExplorer for your comment on the service and noisy aircon problem. Mini Hotel is devoted to offer home away home friendly service. Mini Hotel management is greatful to have your expereience shared and we are very serious working for improvement to retain our good rating we had from past guest expereience. I am sure you will come back with a more promising and consistant friendly service next trip.

The noisy aircon problem could be of needy of maintenance work. We'll keep a more close eye on the loud aircon and to rectify problem immediately.

Thankyou