Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ovolo Central(Hong Kong)
  • Breakfast included
1,438 results
All reviewslan kwai fongice house streetcentral stationpeak tramnice lobbynight liferooms are smallbig luggageplace to sleepwalking distancebars and restaurantsexcellent locationshort staybathroom doorlobby areadouble roomairport express
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The price, location and staff were all outstanding, but the rooms are simply odd. I was fine with the small room. (I knew what I was getting into. After all, the hotel has Mini in it's name.) But the rooms are just designed awkwardly. For instance, my room had mirrors on the walls next to the bed, but not in the bathroom. Needless to say, that made shaving interesting. And the fact that the bathroom area is separated from the bed area by only clear glass is just bizarre. I was solo, so it didn't matter, but for couples, regardless of who your partner is, I imagine some bathroom privacy is always desired.

And I don't know if it was just my room, but there was this weird humidity thing happening. If I lowered the air conditioning too much, the mirrors would literally start to fog up and the walls would be damp.

It's a great location and I wasn't uncomfortable by any means, but if I did more than the 3 days that I did there, I might have started getting annoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank George I
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Value guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share you feedback about your recent stay at Mini hotel Central with the tripadvisor.com

We appreciate all your kind words and rest assured, I have celebrated your review with the
entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to have a refreshing stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

It's an excellent location to get to anywhere in central and any connecting towns. Room is perfect for solo city traveller, basic and clean. Lovely short walk to eateries and shopping from cult brands to luxury. Other basic necessity can be bought from vending machine, love the boutique designer lounge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BBGeenie
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Ms. BBGeenie,

Thank you for devoting all your valuable comments to Mini hotel central with tripadvisor.community.

Your valuable comments must be a great value to guest who may not familiar with hotel and our surrounding areas .

We are definitely welcome you back in not distant future !

Mini hotel central

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Needed a quick turnaround in HK for 2 nights and tried out the Mini at Central. The room is really a bedroom where you only have space to sleep, take a shower and use the WC. Travel light and do not expect any space to deal with a large luggage. You now understand why they have a large common area downstairs for you to do your work and to laze around to read a book or have a chat with a friend. It's one of those chic shoebox room. But hey for the price and the proximity to Lan Kwai Fong/Central (Pubs and Resturants), you really can't complain. The free wifi is very stable and good and the walk up the steps is truly a climb. Its just next to the Foreign Correspondents club. Its very close to the Central MTR station and you easy for one to get anywhere via the trains. The walls are quite thin and I could hear the next door person bang around the room as they checked in. I cannot imagine how 2 persons can fit into a similar room but should guess its like a ship cabin. Staff do their best and smiley. Not ideal for family with kids. Would be good for those who travel alone or on a shoestring budget but want a great location in HK

Room Tip: Not exactly the easiest to find but once you get your bearings, the steep staircase leads you to the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at Mini hotel Central on tripadvisor.com

We are definitely to welcome you back to our hotel in not distant future !

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a couple nights after a conference to visit around HK. First, you can't possibly beat the location of this hotel. Walking distance from Central station and the Star Ferry pier, malls and fancy shopping areas, bars in SoHo, the markets, the Peak tram, the park and gardens, etc. the price was very affordable. The staff was rather nice and they even let me check in early and offered to keep my luggage after I checked out. The room had free wifi and the air conditioning was great after a hot HK day. The room was very small; barely was able to fit my luggage. The bathroom was small too, but ok. I'd only recommend to stay here if you're traveling alone. The room it's too small even for a couple. The bed was rather uncomfortable and the street traffic was a bit loud at night. Though the room had a nice view. The hotel is an affordable option for a solo traveler that won't spend much time at the hotel anyway.

Stayed: July 2014
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Mini hotel Central on tripadvisor.com

It was a pleasure to have you with us and delighted that you enjoyed our personalised services throughout the Hotel and we are definitely welcome you back to our hotel in future !

Yours Faithully,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent location and wifi included. Two short blocks from D1 Pedder St exit of MTR. If pushing luggage, be prepared for hills. Nothing too strenuous and easily negotiated. If carrying heavy luggage, ensure you're fit enough to carry suitcase up steps. At the hotel or boarding house, you will hear quiet neighbours and you can hear loud music and breaking glass from nightlife of Lan Kwai Fong, which is a couple of streets away. Great value for money for what it is. It's clean and tidy and decent for the busy traveller and excellent for the heavy sleeper. Be prepared to bring toiletries, coat hangers and ear plugs.

Room Tip: Double room, reserve view of Peak side. Not sure if there is extra cost involved for this.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ms. Janice,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your constructive feedback about your recent stay at The Mini hotel Central on tripadvisor.com

We hope that you will come back to stay with us in future !