“"An all-around utility boutique"”

Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong
Ranked #182 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Mini hotel at Central, HK started out to be a great deal in the beginning, and turns out to be a combination of simpleness and economy. Located at the heart of the HK nightlife, you can be sure you'll never get lost in the sophisticated LKF alleys!
**GUYS SPECIFIC** A great place if you're looking for some love.
This hotel has its downs too.
1. User unfriendly air-con system
2. Limited shower space and toilet
3. Excessive loud noise level at LKF

In conclusion, if you're looking for a great deal, and you dont really give a damn about the room size and bathroom area, this is a helluva deal for sure! Mini hotel @central is trully simple and botique.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Our value guest,

Thank you for devoting your valuable comment to the mini hotel central with Tripadvisor.com.

We definetely welcome you back to our hotel in not distant future !

Yours Faithfully,

mini hotel central

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I booked 5 nights stay in this hotel, during our 2nd day, after long day out what we want is a good rest, there was air con pipe leakage inside our room when we returned to our hotel room after a long day!! The floor, wall shelving, our luggage and some documents that placed under the leakage pipe are all wet!!!

When I report this incident to front desk manager thru phone, another round of nightmare begin , due to poor reception from the front desk, the manager simply just cut off my phone without put in any effort to call back. After my 3rd attempts and explain the situation to the front desk manager Albert, and he know my situation, he dont even apologize for all these inconvenient caused!! I requested to change the room, he didnt agreed at first , he arranged a guest service staff to came and check. After confirmed that it was the air cond pipe leakage, he then allowed me to change the room and just reminded me to return all my existing room keys to service room staff!!!!
What kind of service is this!!!! From a hotel front desk manager!!!?? and not a single word with regarding to our wet luggages and documents due to this aircon pipe leakage!!!!
We are not going to book Mini Central Hotel again!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank christopher c
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Christoper C,

Thank you for giving us your valuable comment to mini hotel central with Tripadvisor.com. We will strengthen the customer service training to our staff to ensure our guests are able to enjoy good quality of services.

Please accept our apology for your recent stay experience with us and do stay with us if you
need any booking assistance from us.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I staid in the hotel only one night between a flight and the other. Surely the position is the strong point, however not so convenient to walk there if you have even a light luggage. I was prepared to find a really small room - as it was- whose cleanness can be improved, especially for the washroom that is practically behind your pillow! A chinese family was sleeping in the room closed to mine and in the very early morning I was waken up by such a noise as they were in my same room.... Finally reception people are just ok, no more. I would not recommend, in two weeks I'll be again in hk and I've chosen to stay in another hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chiara S
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Chiara,

Thank you for devoting your valuable comments to mini hotel central with Tripadvisor.com.

We look forward to serving you at our hotel in future !

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Near Lan Kwai Fong. Small space but clean. Few channels. Easy to get cab. Really nice lobby interior. Fast check in and out. Confusing hallways. Mist shower. We can hear the next door from our room. Safety deposit box. It was a good stay for us.

Stayed: July 2014
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Ms. Anya G,

Thank you for giving us your valuable comment to Mini hotel central with Tripadvisor community.

We look foward to serving you at our hotel in future !

Mini hotel central

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The price, location and staff were all outstanding, but the rooms are simply odd. I was fine with the small room. (I knew what I was getting into. After all, the hotel has Mini in it's name.) But the rooms are just designed awkwardly. For instance, my room had mirrors on the walls next to the bed, but not in the bathroom. Needless to say, that made shaving interesting. And the fact that the bathroom area is separated from the bed area by only clear glass is just bizarre. I was solo, so it didn't matter, but for couples, regardless of who your partner is, I imagine some bathroom privacy is always desired.

And I don't know if it was just my room, but there was this weird humidity thing happening. If I lowered the air conditioning too much, the mirrors would literally start to fog up and the walls would be damp.

It's a great location and I wasn't uncomfortable by any means, but if I did more than the 3 days that I did there, I might have started getting annoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank George I
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Value guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share you feedback about your recent stay at Mini hotel Central with the tripadvisor.com

We appreciate all your kind words and rest assured, I have celebrated your review with the
entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to have a refreshing stay.

Mini hotel Central

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

It's an excellent location to get to anywhere in central and any connecting towns. Room is perfect for solo city traveller, basic and clean. Lovely short walk to eateries and shopping from cult brands to luxury. Other basic necessity can be bought from vending machine, love the boutique designer lounge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BBGeenie

Dear Ms. BBGeenie,

Thank you for devoting all your valuable comments to Mini hotel central with tripadvisor.community.

Your valuable comments must be a great value to guest who may not familiar with hotel and our surrounding areas .

We are definitely welcome you back in not distant future !

Mini hotel central

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Needed a quick turnaround in HK for 2 nights and tried out the Mini at Central. The room is really a bedroom where you only have space to sleep, take a shower and use the WC. Travel light and do not expect any space to deal with a large luggage. You now understand why they have a large common area downstairs for you to do your work and to laze around to read a book or have a chat with a friend. It's one of those chic shoebox room. But hey for the price and the proximity to Lan Kwai Fong/Central (Pubs and Resturants), you really can't complain. The free wifi is very stable and good and the walk up the steps is truly a climb. Its just next to the Foreign Correspondents club. Its very close to the Central MTR station and you easy for one to get anywhere via the trains. The walls are quite thin and I could hear the next door person bang around the room as they checked in. I cannot imagine how 2 persons can fit into a similar room but should guess its like a ship cabin. Staff do their best and smiley. Not ideal for family with kids. Would be good for those who travel alone or on a shoestring budget but want a great location in HK

Room Tip: Not exactly the easiest to find but once you get your bearings, the steep staircase leads you to the...