“Perfect location, and all good for the price!”

Casa Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #214 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The location of the hotel is superb, you can get anywhere in Kowloon very easily, and very quickly to Hong Kong Island also - 15 min. ride by the MTR. Very good for short stays. For longer stays, especially in summer, I would recommend to find some other place though because the bathroom is supersmall. Mine was 1x1m, maybe not even that, including the toilet, shower and the washbasin. (Not joking!, and yes, it means that basically, you're taking a shower while standing right next to the toilet, so everything gets wet.) But I don't think you can expect anything better for the price they're offering anywhere in HK and for a few days it's sufficient. It's fully airconditioned and the staff at the reception speak good English.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jana K

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I'm coming with a big luggage due to this is my last destination after Shenzhen and Macau..Then, I need to carry the heavy luggage to get in the small lift that only can be fit for 2 person and 1 luggage.
Then, the tragedic story begins with a really small room, just like you're coming to a dwarf room. I booked for double room and share tho room with my friend. And guess what, we don't even can put our luggage and each time, we should take turn to open it. ANd the most uncomfortable things is with the bathroom, the size is really small..There's no place for shower, because the space is only for the washtafel and toilet..What a terrible night I should spent. I'm truly didn't recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Marshy8
Reviewed 24 November 2011

They gave me a sort of "bullet" room, I couldn't even open my luggage!!. No closet, and toilet and shower all together in a 1mt.per 1 square meter place. I changed the romm, but this "upgrade" costed me 35 more dollars per day. The other room was slightly bigger. Not much more.
I would not recommend it, unles you pay less than 100 US dollars per day.

Room Tip: Look for other hotel, and ask for the room size in exact measures.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Reviews are correct - very close to Yau Ma Tei station. Have a few steps to climb to get to the lift to get to the reception. But there's a "lift to get to the lift" if you have heavy luggage.
Check-in is a lengthy process as you are required to sign some paperwork.
Got my single room and it is really small. And the shower.... I was not expecting a wet bathroom. Maybe I didn't give the reviews a thorough look or the photos submitted were deceiving. You take a shower and you get everything wet. I was wondering if all other room types are the same. But it is not the end of the world. Just plan to use the toilet before you
shower! Some noise of doors slamming, and you can also hear the maids in the morning, but again, nothing unbearable. But for me, a huge change from the hotel I stayed the night before. Well, if you are on a budget, this is an ok place.
The money exchange at the hotel entrance does not offer the best rate.

Room Tip: I would ask for room not facing the street - less noisy but no view at all
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I totally agree to Daisy's comments on "I will definately NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.”
".

I stayed in Casa Hotel for 2 nights recently. The rooms were way too small, and Casa Hotel charged the full fees even though one intends to cancel the room. So, it was too late for me to change to another hotel because of the huge sum I have paid for Casa. I know of another much better hotel in HK Island charging only 1 night of room rate if the cancellation is made after surpassing the 48-hour cancellation timeframe. Since Casa Hotel charged the full rate, I expected a better service and quality of the hotel, but alas, I was greeted with a pathetically small room with dirty walls and ceiling. We even had to change the room due to the 1st room had a leaking bathroom, causing the adjacent walls and carpet floor to be wet. In all the rooms that I had been to (I booked 3 standard double rooms for my family & friends), the bathrooms consisted of frosted glass partitions, which meant your room partner could actually see the outline of your body (although not clearly) while you took a shower! Furthermore, the bathroom door was not totally covered up, leaving a gap at the top of the glass door where the toilet odour could leak into the rest of the room. The whole bathroom would be wet after one completed his/her shower, since the area was too small with no proper partitions between the wet and dry areas.

There was no fridge in the room, no dressing mirror on top of the work table (only a full-length mirror was available near the bedroom door), no proper coffee/tea cups (only glasses were available) and definitely no spoons/stirrers as well. There were also insufficient storage spaces for the guests.

The lifts were small and each time 1 lift could only squeeze in about 6 people. If you have luggages, then there will be even fewer people that can squeeze into the lift.

The only good thing about this hotel is the accessibility to the Yau Ma Tei MTR station (only about 15 or 20 walking steps away from the hotel!) and the street-shopping areas like Temple Street, Ladies Street, Sai Yeung Choi Street etc. around the Mongkok area.

I would not recommend this hotel to any traveler seeking value for money. But if one insists on accessibility to MTR stations, by all means go ahead and give the hotel a try and judge it for yourself. There are definitely much better hotels elsewhere with about the same rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank JazzieTea
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here for a week. The room was small, but what do you expect in HK? Especially for the price!
The bathroom is a little unconvenient since the whole place will be wet after taking a shower.
The window in the bathroom has no curtains or shades, and the sun comes right in at morning. This wouldn't be a problem if the bathroom walls were not made of glass...
Way too much light.

The WiFi access point was right above our door, so we had perfect reception. However, at some times connecting to the system was not possible.

Nice staff, well maintained interior, and clean rooms.
Didn't try the food.

I will definitely stay there again!

Tenple market is just behind the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mazzo1970
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The Casa Hotel standard double room is extremely small, as soon as you walk in the door you take two small steps before you hit the bed.

Behind the room door is a small cubical, which has an all-in-one bathroom shower head, toilet and sink in the one area. This bathroom/toilet area is extremely small. You will not be able to fit in the toilet to go to the toilet properly; if you are bigger than the average asian, you will not fit in the bathroom/toilet area at all!

No one can fit in the shower to have a shower. If you turn on the shower head, you will get everything wet, including the toilet and wash basin as it is all in the same area.

After raising our concerns with the hotel admin staff, they said that this is the standard and provided us with the option to upgrade to a larger room which costs 100 - 300 HK more. From visual inspection of the premium room, the bathroom/toilet area is slightly larger, but still not adequate to fit us in for a proper shower (maybe a very unhealthy skinny short person, but not an average person). Having said all this, the hotel staff was very respectful and did not disagree with us about the bathroom being small. They were helpful by showing us the larger rooms to see if we would like to upgrade.

We booked the Casa hotel through wotif.com. After contacting wotif.com with our concerns, then calling wotif.com on the HK toll free number, the wotif.com admin staff was very helpful and assisted us with cancelling our booking with the hotel straight away.

The wotif.com admin staff confirmed with us that they would not take any cancellation fees, as we have already stayed our first night, and also agreed to stay out our 2nd night (since Casa was going to charge us for 2 nights stay).

Moral of the story:
1. Don't book Casa hotel standard room if you want to take a shower.
2. Always book your hotels through WOTIF.COM, as the admin staff are very helpful. We have always booked through wotif.com, and will always do so in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple