“The best hotel in HK: )”

Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Ranked #56 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Warsaw, Poland
“The best hotel in HK: )”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed one night in June. Hotel is not located in the center but few metro stops from Central . Close to MTR . Staff excellent - I asked late check out - no problem .The room with great view of the Harbour ,trendy design . I loved the glass walls of the bathroom and big comfy bed . Everything spotless . Nice swimming pool area , clean water in the pool . i stayed few times in hotels in HK but this was the best ! Also a great value for the money . You pay 3-4 times more for the same standard in Europe . I recommend to anyone and will come back next time I am in HK.

Room Tip: Take higher floors for the view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Spain
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

In the bar at the top of the hotel probably you can enjoy with one of the better views of Hong Kong . The hotel is gokd enough maybe a little faraway from the centre of Hong Kong island. But i recomend to go to this hotel quality/price is one of the better options you can find in the island.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gomez143
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed five nights at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong in June 2014. The hotel is not located right in the city centre but thanks to the near MTR station Fortress Hill (3 min walk) all places of interest can still be conveniently reached. In addition, around the hotel there's a large number of restaurants, fast-food, supermarkets etc. Check-in was very efficient and my request for a high-rise room was granted. I had a superior room on the 37th floor with an excellent view of the eastern side of Victoria Harbour. The room was well equipped and mostly in good condition and the bed comfortable. All staff was very friendly and helpful and all requests answered very quickly (e.g. ice, iron board). I didn't use any of the restaurants so cannot comment. However, I had a look at the top floor restaurant and executive lounge and the view up there is simply fantastic.
My only complaint is the Wifi cost: 24 hours are charged at HKD 120. Even locals were astonished about this since it is common all over Hong Kong that even small restaurants offer free Wifi to their guests, which makes it even more annoying that such a hotel does not offer free connection.
One last aspect to keep in mind: to the east of the hotel is currently a large building site which is a bit noisy. Given the fact that this is Hong Kong it's rather likely that a new skyscraper will emerge rather soon which might obstruct the view in the future - my speculation. So for the sensitive of you: choose a room towards the west (= city centre) - those are the more expensive rooms, though.

Room Tip: Due to building site west side rooms presumably quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
lagos
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed 9 Nights at the Harbour grand , its was perfect amazing experience.
I was on the club floor , the club floor staff excellent . All the Staff where good
the lounge great , I felt so relaxed there. I was in Hong Kong for a four day exhibition running 27th to the 30th of April , but I had arrived 25th , and I left 4th May so I had extra days to holiday and this was excellent hotel to spend extra days from the event one actually came to town for. I went on a whole day tour I booked from the hotel very easily , the concierge staff so helpful.
I am fanatical about Hotel cleanliness , this Hotel was very Clean .
They had bus service from the airport to the hotel and back again. Shuttle bus every day to the Exhibition centre and came back by the MTR , very easy and its 3- 5 mins walk from the hotel This shuttle bus was free , but the aiport one , is paid but for 150 Hong Kong Dollars very good value
Loads of restaurant and other amenities nearby. the hotel provided a Map of the MTR with surrounding amenities near the Hotel on the flip side. Eg I saw a laundry their ( 2 mins from the hotel) which I used, very good for very little money . I used the Hotel Spa once, it was good too but not on par with the excellence of the rest of the Hotel. saw another Spa on the Map 5 mins from the Hotel very good.
As the MTR is so close I went everywhere on it, the tram and busses close too . Once/Twice when I needed a taxi the concierge got one in few minutes and they where excellent at it as sometimes taxi's appear difficult to get but they sorted it easily ,( I was waiting outside so I watched them , the hotel has an area to wait for your bus/taxi etc outside if you choose to you can also wait in the lobby ) and that's the way all your needs are handled by all the Hotel staff

All in All I had an amazing experience at the hotel , I did not like Hong Kong so much , But I loved the Hotel and will definitely come back. I have been recommending to friends and family already

Even though it was very busy with events , weddings etc you would not feel it. I went to the pool and gym didn't get to use it , but will do next time and I will try out other restaurants in the hotel too I had a look at the buffet one it looked amazing . I ate only at the 188 degree restaurant on the club lounge floor amazing views .
The Staff Where very Helpful and with a fantastic joyful attitude , nothing was too much
Definitely my best experience of hotel so far and very good value

Room Tip: If you can maybe book the Club floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tokumboh
Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not the most central location, but this hotel is only a short walk from the nearest train (MTR) stop & is also on the free bus shuttle route for the Central Station where you can check in for the airport. Breakfast and afternoon tea for Club rooms is served on the 41st floor where there is a great view of the harbour. The service was exceptional. Bedroom and bed were very comfortable but the room was a little cramped for two people, with luggage! (A minor point & overall I would recommend this hotel)

Room Tip: Club Rooms are on the highest floors and include breakfast & afternoon tea in a separate dining...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally A
Cheshire
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Great location,we had a club room which was very nice.good service and nice breakfast ,would recommend this to anyone wanting to enjoy this great city.pool is good but lacks ample seating other than that this id a good city hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gooood1
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel property is nice enough. The entrance lobby is grand (although always smells heavily of cheap air freshener), and the hotel pool is fantastic with skyline views. Our room was compact (we had a standard room) but offered everything needed for a city break.

Our main issue was the poor levels of service from the staff. With the odd exception, check-in staff, concierge and bar staff were disinterested to the point of being rude. We were quite taken aback with this, given the hotel rating.

We were also disappointed with the breakfast - plenty of choice, but all poor quality ingredients for an extortionate price.

Wifi is also extremely expensive - surely a hotel of this standard would offer free wifi in at least the public areas, but this was not the case. Instead it was 130hkd (£13 gbp) per 24hrs.

I would not return to this hotel or recommend if to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sianevans82
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear "SCE",

Greetings from Harbour Grand Hong Kong,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It seems we have failed to deliver a service that met with your expectations on more than one count and I sincerely would like to apologise.

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your name and room number so that we can fully investigate the points you mentioned. This will also allow us to implement any remedial actions as this is definitely not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

I also would like to inform you that Internet is now free when booking direcly with us or through most of websites and that we also do offer packages inclusive of breakfast.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced and kindly shared with us so that we have an opportunity to rectify those.

Benoit Heumez