“Very beautiful views very central comfortable very hospitable though wish staff could smile more in reciprocation. Lovel”

Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Ranked #54 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

very much enjoyed stay beautiful views from room and roof top pool. Very clean lovely chandeliers in reception and fresh aroma. Harbour club provjded xe
Excellent tasty snacks and Pleasant drinks. Though choice of music needs needs to change,a bit mundane with kenny Gee and allow staff to smile and make friends with guests they seem like they would like to. Otherwise no faults all fab would come back Again. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Yvonne O
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear “Yvonne O”

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

I am glad that you have particularly enjoyed the services and facilities provided by the Harbour Club staff. I have certainly noted your points about the background music and we are currently reviewing the our selection of music.

My team and I will look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,600)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

5 star hotel frequented with pilots stewardesses.
The service was lovely and the view of the harbour if you have a front facing room is Amazing!
It's a 30 min walk to the star ferry terminal but at the end of oil street is the MTR and it costs 35p each for a single into central station. The journey takes less than 5 mins and the public transport is fantastic.
Would defiantly stay here again.
Tip if you have shared transfers from the airport you will be last to be dropped off and it can take over an hour in traffic.
If you don't mind two simple changes I would use the MTR

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cubix F
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear “Cubix F”

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is true that the view of the harbor (actually from all rooms) is Amazing. In addition, regarding the airport shuttle bus, please note that we also offer a limousine service that is quicker and more relaxing, especially if you are travelling with few pieces of luggage.

My team and I will look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights.

Firstly, we had a Club Room with lounge access etc so it was nice to check in with such amazing views of HK and the staff checking us in were brilliant.

In particular, Gloria who worked tirelessly and was fantastic with each and every guest she dealt with. Similarly, (Jason), I think this was his name, was such a charming, polite and helpful member of the team who always checked in with us to ensure we were enjoying our stay.

The rooms are quite small to be honest (even the upgraded ones) and I was staying in the room alone; however, I feel it would have been quite compact had I been sharing with someone else.

The staff in the hotel are all very pleasant but service levels, particularly at breakfast and dinner time were inconsistent. For example, we had the most horrendous experience at dinner at 188 that it was almost laughable; something out of Fawlty Towers- quite comical. Food in 188 was ridiculously overpriced, bland and although the intention of the staff was to be do their best, the service was all over the place which I think comes down to training as they did remain professional throughout, I just feel they didn't know how to handle complaints very well.

Wifi in hotel was free on the Club Floor and worked well.

The Club Lounge on the 41st Floor offers complimentary alcoholic drinks and snacks between 6-8pm; including spirits, wines, cocktails, beers and sparkling wine. Added to that, is that waiters/waitresses will also come and take your order and serve you at the table which was excellent. The staff in the Lounge were excellent and worked really hard.

The hotel is in a good location to reach most parts of HK. We organised a day trip via the hotel concierge which was excellent and we really enjoyed it.

Overall, a very good experience, notwithstanding the let down in the Le 188 restaurant.

Breakfast in Le 188 restaurant was very nice too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Benoit H, Owner at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear “elninomagico”

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor,

I am glad that you have enjoyed most of our services – in particular the ones provided by Gloria and the Harbour Club team. I am however sorry to read about your experience in Le 188 and I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your name and/or room number (benoith@harbourgrand.com) as this is certainly not our usual level of service.

I finally wanted to thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve our services.

My team and I will look forward welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived after a long journey from Vietnam. Staff were friendly, lobby was lovely. Our room was going to be an hour so they gave us a complimentary drink and access to wifi. Room not ready after an hour, so twenty mins later we got a room and I think we must have been upgraded. Nice room with living area and kitchen with a separate bedroom. The room is to a good standard - met expectations and a little more. Pool is lovely and great views from the room. The hotel is a five min walk from the Fortress Hill MTR which with a Octopus card allows you to get around the city easily. We used the shuttle bus the first day but just used the MTR when we worked it all out. Gym is very good.

We went for a drink in the rooftop bar - great all round views of the harbour. Great service. We are on our last night as I write this and we have booked it for dinner, so looking forward to dinner - will let you know how we get on in a review of the Restaraunt later :).

I would recommend this hotel if your stopping in HK for a few nights.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DickoPaul

Dear” DickoPaul”

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with fellow travelers.

I am sorry if your room was not ready prior arrival and I am glad to read you enjoyed the complimentary upgraded room that was arranged as gesture. I am also pleased to read that you have enjoyed most of our facilities, in particular Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge with its unique views of Hong Kong.

My team and I will look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights just recently. The Hotel is in a really good location, only a 3 minute walk to the Fortress Hill MTR station. From Fortress Hill to Causeway Bay or Central is only 10 minutes max on the MTR. There are several decent local restaurants within walking distance, and a very good place for a foot massage too (Joyful Lane). There's an abundance of great restaurants in Causeway Bay, as well as good shopping (eg Sogo and Times Square).
The hotel itself has decent sized rooms (ours had a sensational harbour view) and the service is really good. A bonus is the well equipped Gym (for those inclined to work off those extra calories you just put on at that wonderful restaurant you ate at last night) and a great pool with excellent views over the harbour. It's not brand new (like some of the HK hotels), but it's well maintained, it has everything you could want and the location is just excellent. Only downside at the moment is that there is a lot of construction going on in the vicinity and it's a bit noisy - but then this is HK; when is there not construction going on? :) I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I love this hotel because it has a wonderful view to the harbor, nice breakfast buffet with many dishes to choose (taste guaranteed), beautiful outdoor swimming pool and close to the subway (only 5 mins walking). For me this hotel is a place for people who attended conference because I saw many suit and tie guys around the hotel (they are not hotel staffs I know). By the way, staff are friendly and helpful, they make me feel comfortable at the first time I walked in. There is some convenient shops and exchange money places around (only 10 minutes walking). Overall, it is a good place to stay and it worths the money.

Room Tip: Choose room from above the 20th floor for better view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Harbour Grand HK has been my preferred hotel, when I am in Hong Kong. I choose this hotel always because there is a sense of “freshness” in this hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and co-operative.

My stay here has been memorable, especially with the scenic harbour view that they offer. They just don’t offer a place to stay, but they offer an environment which is energetic, yet relaxed - This is a key element for a corporate customer like myself.

M Jadav

Room Tip: An easy choice to make. You get what you see.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business