Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$186
US$225
US$202
Shangri-La.com
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$141
US$182
US$128
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$228
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
3,756 results
All reviewsfortress hillthe club loungeoil streetle restauranttop floorbuilding workbuilding sitebooked a club roomglass wallmtr stationstar hotelfantastic hotelrain showeroctopus cardvictoria parkpublic transportconcierge staff
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Rooms have a spectacular view along Hong Kong Bay towards the Wan Chai. Buffet breakfast has amazing variety and staff are very friendly. Very big rooms for Hong Kong and enormous bathrooms. Close walk to Fortress Hill station.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the harbour view!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear "Phil W"

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

I do agree with you that the view from all our rooms is simply spectacular and I am glad you enjoyed the large selection served on our Breafast buffet.

My team and I will look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Will try and be objective with this review as I had some issues which were out of the control of the Hotel but really affected the quality of my stay.

Location wise the Hotel is at North Point, about a 5 minute walk to Fortress Hill MTR station or a 20minute walk to central area. Spectacular views are available from some of the front facing rooms but even the side rooms seem to offer good views of the Harbour. Massive reception area with minimal seating areas. To the right of reception as you enter there is a large staircase which leads to a huge water wall where a Harpist plays, all very nice, in fact the reception area is quite stunning.

Rooms at the Hotel are a good size and have all the usual amenities from bathroom toiletries to bath robes. WI Fi is also available. The bathrooms are well equipped and spotlessly clean with a Bath and a walk in shower, for once the bath in the room looked like it would be clean enough to use. The bed was very comfortable and the most important thing, Air Conditioning, is silent (Take note Mr Marriott !)

Now for the issues, in one of my photos you will see the construction work which is going on next to the hotel, if you are unfortunate to get a room overlooking this then be prepared for noise.. lots of it. The first morning of my stay I was woken at 8am by 'Pile Driving' and despite putting the TV on it could still be heard, this was still going on at 4pm when we returned to the hotel.

Ok reception offered a change of room after discussion, but they wanted me to hang around until later which was something I did not want to do because my visit was very short. I opted to stick with the room and the use of ear plugs and a sleeping pill gave me a good nights sleep.

This work is beyond the Hotels control and it would be very unfair to mark them down because of this as I am sure without the works or a different room things would have been different, but be aware of the issue when you check in.

Staff at the Hotel are polite and courteous but our visit to the Concierge desk was not productive at all, in fact the young man was just not interested so we spoke to the Indian 'Bell Boy' (Man) who became our 1st point of contact for info, (brilliant service and quite a sense of humour .. thanks)

Reception staff were efficient and really did try to solve my problem, in fact I felt slightly sorry for them because if the Hotel is running at high occupancy it must be a real issue having to deal with the complaints about noise. My ratings do not reflect my issues with noise but what I think my stay would have been like had the works not been in progress.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the building work.. see photos.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank paulwflyer
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear "paulwflyer"

Thank you very much for sharing a very detailed review of the hotel and its facilities.

I am glad you have enjoyed most of the stay, besides the construction near the hotel. I am sure you will be pleased to know that the noisiest part of the works is nearing completion.

I have also noted the comment about the service provided by one staff at the concierge counter and additional training will be provided as this is definitely not the level of service we aim to deliver ; I am glad this was made up by the brilliant service from one of our doormen.

My team and I will certainly look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

very much enjoyed stay beautiful views from room and roof top pool. Very clean lovely chandeliers in reception and fresh aroma. Harbour club provjded xe
Excellent tasty snacks and Pleasant drinks. Though choice of music needs needs to change,a bit mundane with kenny Gee and allow staff to smile and make friends with guests they seem like they would like to. Otherwise no faults all fab would come back Again. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Yvonne O

Dear “Yvonne O”

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

I am glad that you have particularly enjoyed the services and facilities provided by the Harbour Club staff. I have certainly noted your points about the background music and we are currently reviewing the our selection of music.

My team and I will look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

5 star hotel frequented with pilots stewardesses.
The service was lovely and the view of the harbour if you have a front facing room is Amazing!
It's a 30 min walk to the star ferry terminal but at the end of oil street is the MTR and it costs 35p each for a single into central station. The journey takes less than 5 mins and the public transport is fantastic.
Would defiantly stay here again.
Tip if you have shared transfers from the airport you will be last to be dropped off and it can take over an hour in traffic.
If you don't mind two simple changes I would use the MTR

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cubix F

Dear “Cubix F”

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is true that the view of the harbor (actually from all rooms) is Amazing. In addition, regarding the airport shuttle bus, please note that we also offer a limousine service that is quicker and more relaxing, especially if you are travelling with few pieces of luggage.

My team and I will look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights.

Firstly, we had a Club Room with lounge access etc so it was nice to check in with such amazing views of HK and the staff checking us in were brilliant.

In particular, Gloria who worked tirelessly and was fantastic with each and every guest she dealt with. Similarly, (Jason), I think this was his name, was such a charming, polite and helpful member of the team who always checked in with us to ensure we were enjoying our stay.

The rooms are quite small to be honest (even the upgraded ones) and I was staying in the room alone; however, I feel it would have been quite compact had I been sharing with someone else.

The staff in the hotel are all very pleasant but service levels, particularly at breakfast and dinner time were inconsistent. For example, we had the most horrendous experience at dinner at 188 that it was almost laughable; something out of Fawlty Towers- quite comical. Food in 188 was ridiculously overpriced, bland and although the intention of the staff was to be do their best, the service was all over the place which I think comes down to training as they did remain professional throughout, I just feel they didn't know how to handle complaints very well.

Wifi in hotel was free on the Club Floor and worked well.

The Club Lounge on the 41st Floor offers complimentary alcoholic drinks and snacks between 6-8pm; including spirits, wines, cocktails, beers and sparkling wine. Added to that, is that waiters/waitresses will also come and take your order and serve you at the table which was excellent. The staff in the Lounge were excellent and worked really hard.

The hotel is in a good location to reach most parts of HK. We organised a day trip via the hotel concierge which was excellent and we really enjoyed it.

Overall, a very good experience, notwithstanding the let down in the Le 188 restaurant.

Breakfast in Le 188 restaurant was very nice too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Benoit H, Owner at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear “elninomagico”

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor,

I am glad that you have enjoyed most of our services – in particular the ones provided by Gloria and the Harbour Club team. I am however sorry to read about your experience in Le 188 and I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your name and/or room number (benoith@harbourgrand.com) as this is certainly not our usual level of service.

I finally wanted to thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve our services.

My team and I will look forward welcoming back in the near future.