“One of the best hotels ive stayed in”

Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Ranked #55 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I work in the travel industry and have stayed at many hotels. This i have to stay was one of the best. Great service, absolutely spotless, amazing location for the views of HK maybe not 1 of the best locations overall, but for the standard of hotel definately worth the extra 10mins travel to whereever it is you want to get to. It is conveniently located within 2mins walk to the nearest MTR station and has all the facilities you would expect from a 5* hotel. The restaurants were the best we ate in Hong Kong, the pool is great, and the staff are just so accomodating to anything you request. Nothing is too much, one day we wanted to find out what time the races were on and just casually asked one of the staff members, she didnt know but said that her dad would, laughing we said not to worry as we would find out elsewhere but she said it was no bother and called home straight away to give us the information !! Just little touches like this made our stay ...

The rooms are lovely , the bathroom and shower is amazing - also after reading a few of the other reviews ive noticed people pointing out the glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF STAYING IN THIS AMAZING HOTEL !! Yes it is glass and totally see through but there is a button inside the bathroom which totally covers up the glass wall and you can not see a thing !! I stayed at this hotel with a friend and it was fine we couldnt see anything.
Other than that ... would i go back? yes definately no doubt about it !!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank RupsB
Write a ReviewReviews (3,602)

Reviewed 16 November 2009

I flew into HK from London for the weekend en route to Singapore for a business trip and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the first weekend in Nov. While the hotel is on HK Island, it is a few stops on the MTR from the centre, which is roughly 15 mins in total travel time or a really cheap cab ride away. I did not find this to be a deterrent or a detriment to my stay here.

I booked the hotel through 1800hotels and got a fantastic deal for a superior harbour view room. I got a free upgrade on arrival! Breakfast is not included in the rate however it is the BEST breakfast I have ever seen even in this caliber of hotels. Generally I thought the quality of the hotel, the room and the facilities was fantastic! The service was very good and attentive without being over the top like in some other hotels I have stayed.

There is an excellent spa there where I had an excellent Chinese massage after my 12 hour flight. The hotel also has excellent gym and swimming pool which is a bit of an oasis when the weather is as humid as it is and the crowds below get to you.

I stayed at the Inter Continental for business in Singapore, which in theory is meant to be the same caliber of hotel, and found all those same things I loved in the Harbour Grand to be wanting at the Inter Continental.

This is definitely one of the best accommodation experiences I have had and would highly recommend this to anyone. Only one note of caution (and judging from reviews for other hotels in HK this seems to be a bit of a theme), the bathroom has a glass wall whereby if you are travelling with someone they will be able to see everything you are doing in there. As I was travelling alone, this didn't bother me. Apart from this, I found everything in this hotel absolutely superb and will definitely book it again when I am back in HK.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Makaka89
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Fantastic place, breakfast out of this world. Very kind and attentive staff. 5 star excellance. Fantastic start to our Honeymoon. Spent 3 days here and eat in the top floor restaurant on once. Pricey but worth the experiance.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaGullick
Reviewed 22 October 2009

This is a great hotel for a stop over. We stayed for 3 nights and it was clean, nicely designed and with a good atmosphere in the bar areas.
The location worked for us; it was 2 mins away from the underground station and only a few stops away from the main areas of interest. The hotel wasn't in one of the city's top spots as mentioned by other reviewers, but this didn't bother us and meant that the rates were half that of equivalent hotels in better neighbourhoods. It's worth stressing that the area isn't unsafe, but it's not in amongst other hotels and is a 'working neighbourhood' with car mechanic garages etc on the doorstep.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Mhowl
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed three nights. Reserved for two plus baby and asked for a crib. On arrival 10 pm, the taxi driver did not know where to go and had to call the hotel for directions. The wait for the front desk was not expected as there were three persons there and only one other person in front of us. I repeated my request for a crib on check in, but had to wait and wait and wait for the crib. Talked to the manager on call when I wasn't getting anywhere with the crib. Lily was apologetic and it took till midnight before she and the staff arrived with one. She said the crib on the 17th floor was taken and they had to find another one. The door had two dead bolts so I was not worried about strangers coming in uninvited. The hotel is located in a local commercial district. In the morning, this place was crowded with Hong Kong locals, but the night was quiet and dark. Not recommended to walk at night but we took taxis to and fro. This is a good place for tour groups and not really for individuals. The bathroom is avant-garde, with unusual faucets and see thru walls to the bathroom. Lack of closet space and hooks in bathroom. Some noise from the highway outside. Check out the breakfast buffet, but make sure you have it as a package. Facilities great and very new, but service needs some attention. Nearby cafes and 7-11 useful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank yapmd
Reviewed 7 October 2009

went in july for my silver wedding anniversary trip, the hotel was recommended to me by my travel agency destinology, as i wanted sheer luxury.
from the moment you walk through the doulbe doors, attended to by door men in pristine white uniforms you know you are somewhere special, the foyer alone is spectacular with an amazing cristal chandelaire hanging up.
our room overlooked the habour, with a spectacular view at night.
the hotel only opened in june 2009, and is the epitamy of first class service. we had a meal in the shezchan restaurant, and the staff were very attentful, and our waiter devised a menu for us so we could sample some of the best dishes on the menu.
in fact to show how they give first class service, on the morning of our anniversary the maid must have seen our cards on the table, and informes the concierge who sent a bottle of champagne up to our room with the compliments of the hotel.
the sourounding area of the hotel is a bit commercial with a garage just next door, the hotel is situated on north point in hong kong, but once you are inside, you forget where you are. a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Harbour View for 5 nights. It had all the amenities and services of a beautiful 5 star hotel. The staff were very helpful and the nothing was ever too much trouble. The rooms were on the small side and I agree that there was nowhere to hang your towels or swimwear to dry in the bathroom. Room service is quite expensive and so too is their internet service. The pool is lovely and it was great to get away from the bustling city to cool down.
A few points to note however before booking this hotel, is its location. We were there for leisure and found the location to be very inconvenient. Although the MTR is close, we found we were back tracking to Centre station a few times each day to shop, eat, go to Kowloon etc. It got very tiresome after a few days. The walk to the MTR isn't very nice either and yes the bath is still on the sidewalk along with the mechanics. However, we never felt unsafe.
I would recommend this hotel for business but not for leisure. Hope this helps you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple