Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$399
US$379
Conrad
US$266
US$215
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$235
US$208
Cordis Official
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$332
US$191
US$146
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$79
Hotel Direct
3,716 results
All reviewsfortress hillthe club loungeoil streetle restauranttop floorbuilding workbuilding sitebooked a club roomglass wallmtr stationstar hotelfantastic hotelrain showeroctopus cardvictoria parkpublic transportconcierge staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Nice, clean hotel with all the facilities that a business traveller requires (the pool was under renovation when we visited, though). Nice view of both sides of the harbour. (Hong Kong, and Kowloon). Located a 2 min walk away from the Fortress Hill Mtr station, with lots of breakfast/snack options close by.
Decent size room by Hong Kong standards, and a work table as well. Personal safe, work table, bathtub, tea/coffee maker available in the room. Service was extremely efficient as well.
Apart from the location (in a relatively down market location), nothing else to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank blakkkobera
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Stayed 10 nights in January 2011 with my wife. Requested a room with King size beds, on arrival, the check in staff acknowledged & check in was smooth. The slow lifts was the only hitch (considering there are 9 banks of elevator)
Our room is on the 32nd floor. Decent size room by Hong Kong standards, very clean, modern, with flat HD TV, cordless phone, very nice view of the harbour (could be better if facing the Central side). Can't really ask for more for the price I paid. The bathroom is probably the biggest I've seen in a Hong Kong hotel & get use to all glass wall.

Like others have mentioned, not a lot happens in the area, the garage wasn't a bother, just another corner shop. The hotel location is a problem since its safe andit is close to lots of eating establishments & very close the MTR(subway) Fortress Hill station. It takes a few minutes to get to the station & the hotel provides shuttle to Central.
Overall, rate our stay excellent, I will stay at this hotel again. Service was good & location is close to MTR, we can't complain about the room & for the price, I don't think I can find another hotel in Hong Kong with higher standards. The only thing to watch for is local call is not free ($6/call) & internet access is $140HKD/day (considering this should be part of the price for the room for most places).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marvick5520
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Arrived here after nearly 4 weeks in China, and reception couldn't find our booking. This took ages to sort out which wasn't quite a good start. We were eventually upgraded to a Club room, but its benefits weren't explained to us, and we only found all the things we could have had towards the end of our stay.
We had booked a harbour view room, and the view of the island from our room was magnificent. Room large and well maintained, although not as well appointed as some of the hotels we stayed in in China.
The breakfast restaurant was awful. Breakfast was supposedly served until 10am, but on the dot the staff started to clear everything away making it impossible to have a leisurely breakfast even if you came down at 9.30am. This we found very annoying especially as we were on holiday and wanted to start our day in a leisurely fashion.
Although location a little way from the centre, very close to the Hum Hom ferry terminal and also the hotel ran a very efficient minibus shuttle every half hour to the centre.
We do not have a laptop so went to the business centre to reconfirm our flights prior to our trip home. Whilst many 5 star hotels around the world offer this service for free, the hotel did not have any staff to do this, and wanted to charge for use of a computer to do this ourselves. Just a small point but really not acceptable.
Whilst I could recommend this hotel in lots of ways, I would need to be assured that the niggles would be ironed out before I personally considered returning.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PennyH2009
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Stayed 5 nights in January 2011. Requested a room with 2 single beds on arrival, the check in staff acknowledged, but when we arrived at our room, it was a king bed configuration... not nice after a 12 hours flight and anxious to hit town before the shops close, the slow lifts doesn't help either... However, when I returned to the lobby and reported the mix up to another staff, she apologised and quickly arranged the right room for us, then she personally walk me up to the newly assigned room and made sure everything was OK. Very nicely dealt with.

Our room is on the 28th floor. Decent size room by Hong Kong standards, very clean, modern, with flat HD TV, cordless phone, very nice view of the harbour. Can't really ask for more for the price I paid. The bathroom is probably the biggest I've seen in a Hong Kong hotel.

Like others have mentioned, not a lot happens in the area, the garage wasn't a bother, just another corner shop. Can't really say location is a problem since its safe and the MTR(Metro/Tubes) station is very close by. But at times, it takes a few minutes to cross each road(theres 3) to get to the station, quite annoying knowing that its so near by. And if its at night, after a few drinks, I just wish my hotel was more central.

Most of the staff I came across were polite, doorman always did his job with a smile. But they let themselves down on the last day, when I was leaving for an early morning flight. I had plenty of luggages and literally needed someone to open the door. The doorman wasn't there, (ok I didn't expect a doorman to be on duty at 5:30am) but staffs at the concierge were busy doing their own work, I had to ask them to open the door, they didn't respond very well...

Overall, if their rate stays low, I will stay at this hotel again. Services were hit and miss, location is not the best, but I can't complain about the room. And for the price, I don't think I can find another hotel in Hong Kong with higher standards.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank ak3888
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We were a little worried by previous reviews about the poor service, but were pleasantly surprised to have no such experience. The hotel rooms are luxurious and well appointed (if a bit small), the bed extremely comfortable-- after walking around all day in Hong Kong it was nice to come home to our room (upgraded to the upper Harbour Club floors at no charge). While there are auto shops on the street it's located on (less than scenic), it is really only a 3 minute walk to MTR Fortress Hill Station, with 7-11, McDonald's, Starbucks nearby if you want a quick breakfast. Free shuttles depart every hour to Causeway Bay, door men will walk a distance away to grab you a cab if none are sitting out front...Overall, great value for money. Everything in Hong Kong is so close together, you are only a quick cab/train/shuttle ride away from everything. We will be back again and would recommend it easily to friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple