“Early check in saved my day”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #46 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
“Early check in saved my day”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After a 26 hour flight, the hotel was able to accommodate a 2 hour early check in, and that saved my day. The hotel is well located close to shops, and to the subway. The room is nice, the bed is comfortable and I was able to regulate the air condition, which is very important, because I do not like a freezing room. I also had free internet.
The only back drop is that when I checked in for my second stay, I was offered a room in a smoking floor, which I declined. This procedure is a nuisance and a waste of time to any customer.

Room Tip: Lower floor without a view are less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 879Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A great hotel near the centre of Causeway Bay. A 5 minute walk to the train, and major shopping centres. The rooms are modern and ver comfortable. A nice touch is that there are charge cables provided for all phone types. Ours had a great view of the Happy Valley racetrack. If you are into running, there is a track inside the racecourse (just around the corner). The bar on level 28 is good for a snack or drink. The restaurant for breakfast is buffet style and caters for all national tastes. The only downside is the coffee.....but then again, I coudl not find a good cup anywhere in HK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Despite from not so spacious area for a lobby, I have to say that staying here is a satisfaction. The room is clean and very modern and all the staff I have met were very nice and delivered wonderful service. Up until today, me and my sister were still talking about the foods (tenderloin steak and rib eye) that we ate at Crowne's Restaurant, they were so good.
No need words for the area since it's in Causeway Bay, very near to shopping district, we can hop on and off from the shopping area to the hotel just to drop our stuff and then comeback. Yes, it is very recommended for those who desire great service, hospitality, and shopping.

Room Tip: Always choose higher floors and away from the elevator. Great view and less noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lusia H
Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I just returned from a trip to Hong Kong less than a week ago, staying at this hotel on a family vacation. Having travelled extensively before, it's safe to say that this hotel checks all the boxes in terms of your standard 5 star hotel. The room was kept clean, staff were always eager to help, the sleep experience was great. I was either on an extremely empty floor, or the rooms were very well sound-proofed. The facing wasnt great (looked at another office building) but I didn't really mind. The location was excellent - very close to various cafes, restaurants and of course the Times Square shopping area.

It has to be said that the room rate seems expensive, and for the price one would expect a larger room. But I am told this is the norm in HK? Not sure about that...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zenith42
Crowneplazahk, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear zenith42,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway. We are glad to hear that we met your expectation in different aspects.

As Hong Kong is a small city, many hotel guest rooms in Hong Kong are relatively small compare with other Asian cities. However the room size of our basic room type is around 40 sqm, which is the biggest among the hotels in Causeway Bay. Hope you were satisfied with the comfortable bed and well-equipped room. We also suggest you to reserve our rooms in advance in the future to enjoy more discount of the room rate. More discount prices can be checked in our hotel website.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comment and look forward to see you again in the near future.

Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed in a Privilege Room which supposedly has benefits!

I am well travelled from staying in basic, budget hotels to higher end 5 star hotels and therefore base my review on what should be expected based on how this Privilege Room is sold, the price charged and how this compares to hotels in this category.

NOISE:
I spoke to someone in reception at just before 3am one night and advised them that someone above us was making a lot of noise and it sounded like moving furniture and a TV. I could only assume it is a function room above and staff were cleaning up after, otherwise, I guest must have for some strange reason be moving furniture around for 3 hours! (Later confirmed as function room, 2 floors up!)

There was also a very loud TV.

Reception did not resolve any issues at all and then would not pick up the phone! One assumes because they could not be bothered to deal with my complaint and would rather relax at 3am.

I thereafter asked to speak to a duty manager via Peggy at the service centre and I spoke with the duty manager at approx 3.32am and advised him of the loud TV noise and realised this was coming from the room next door. Fortunately, the loud TV was turned down within 5-10 minutes of someone visiting the room next door. I'm afraid the noise from above continued until approx 4am. I was then up for 7am and in fact did not sleep at all.

BREAKFAST:
I stay at many luxury hotels across the world and for the rate charged for the Privilege Room, the breakfast is awful. The food was extremely cheap and poor quality and the food and tea was either luke warm or cold. Nothing could be described as hot.

HOUSE KEEPING:
On one occasion, I had been out until 4pm and was shocked to discover the room had not been cleaned. The do not disturb sign was not on (fruit was actually delivered in the room whilst I was out). I then had to try to relax in an unclean room and unclean towels before my departure at 6pm that day and called reception twice to ensure someone came to clean the room after 6pm.

LOUNGE ACCESS:
Bar @28:
I only visited once in my stay on the second day. The reason is that this is sold as a lounge yet it is clearly a very loud bar which does not have a relaxing atmosphere. Furthermore, I found the staff rude, unhelpful and unfriendly. The complimentary snacks menu was awful and extremely limited.

MANAGER:
The hotel manager is an extremely obnoxious individual called Edward Snoakes. He sent me a pretty standard apology letter when I raised the issues for his attention. I asked to speak to him and he was always in meetings but interestingly, staff were able to speak to him to pass on messages. A manager with a back-bone is useful.

On checking out, the duty manager Andy Tam met me to repeat his apology. I confirmed to him his apology means nothing as the hotel manager and Mr Tam both acknowledged all the issues complained of but the attitude was one of we don't particularly care, we will provide a standard apology yet no discount to take into account issues encountered.

Terrible, terrible customer service that I have never in 20 years of travelling seen.

I am in the process of disputing the full bill with my card provider.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank PlazaBoy
Sydney
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Arrived on saturday night before Xmas, weary after 6 weeks travelling to be met by lovely and helpful reception staff (after the taxi took us to the wrong hotel). The room was perfect and very well appointed. We had a buffet dinner in the restaurant which was the best I have ever seen and the breakfast had everything you could ever want - such great variety. The concierge was very knowledgable about all the attractions in the city and we hired the hotel car to drive us to the airport (too much luggage) and the driver was punctual and very helpful with our luggage. Could not fault the hotel and staff at all. Best end to a holiday ever.

Room Tip: Recommend you include breakfast in your booking - best value ever.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank disappointed08Sydney
Crowneplazahk, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear disappointed08Sydney,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us this time. We are very glad to know that you felt satisfied about our guest room and the food in the restaurant. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation to our guests.

Welcome to contact our concierge team anytime when you stay with us next time for more information about the shopping or sightseeing hot spots. Hope you can know more about the local culture of Causeway Bay and Hong Kong! Look forward to see you very soon! Thank you.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It was my 7. visit in HK und my 4. at the Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay.
This Hotel is Perfect.
I visit so much country's and hotels but this one is the best one! Really.
The perfect service with perfect location.
Over Sylvester 2013/2014 I book also me trip in this hotel.
The hotel is expensive .ok. But the service are so perfect.
The concierge and front desk team are so friendly and help full.
Special thanks to the loyalty Manager Fioni Leung and Chief Concierge Tony Cheung.
They help me so much.

See u again at the 29.12.2013 :-)

Reiner

Room Tip: October and November is the best weather for travel their
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Polarbear1978
Crowneplazahk, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Reiner H,

We are delighted to see you few times in this year. Thank you for being our loyalty guest and writing us valuable comments after every visit. Receiving compliment from guests is one of our working motivations.

Count down party of New Year Eve will be held at Club@28 from 10pm to 2am. You may present your room key to enjoy 25% discount of the party! Look forward to see you soon before the end of 2013. Thank you!