“Very Nice”
Review of CHI Residences 279

CHI Residences 279
Ranked #151 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was extremely happy with my stay at Chi 279. The staff was very friendly and responded immediately to any requests I had. The apartment was very clean and maid service was thorough each day. Everything my Fiancé and I needed was there from dishes to an iron and ironing board. The TV had a number of English speaking channels including CNN and HBO. The shower was always hot and had excellent water pressure (even on the 11th floor). The free laundry machines on the top floor were a bonus. My Fiancé and I felt very safe there. When we came in the main door from busy Shanghai Street we were greeted with the fresh smell of lavender and a quiet clean environment. I was like entering in to a completely different world. Nice! Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Skip Sklarz
Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor. It was relatively quiet up there for being right on Shanghai Street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was my first time, staying at CHI. I booked family room which is spacious, very clean, and having complete set of facilities such as kitchen, DVD, and etc. The staffs were very nice and helpful. The location is great too, near MTR and Temple street which is known for lots of good foods at night. Pricing is also reasonable, I booked the room through Agoda. I definitely want to stay there again if I go to Hong Kong again.

Room Tip: There's no fitness center as I know of. The terrible rating is by default. The family room can f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vidcy O
Reviewed 20 March 2014

CHI residence always is my first choice, i used to stay at CHI 138 at Sheung Wan coz my business activities used to be held at Hong Kong Island. I was staying at CHI 279 kowloon side this time coz meetings was happening at Kowloon side, i was surprising the rooms are very clean and well equipped with everything, the rooms is spacious than i thought and location is very prime. Besides, their staffs are very friendly, thoughtful and considerate. This was another great experience at CHI Residence.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am quite happy with the apartment size at around 650 sq ft. It is a 1-bedroom unit with kitchen, living room with sofa, TV, DVD player and a single bed setup. The fittings and appliances are pretty new and in tiptop working conditions. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. Security is also good as we will need the access card in addition to the room key to get up to our unit. We stayed on 11th floor (top floor was 12 level) there were only 2 units on each floor.

It was only opposite Silka Seaview Hotel. Rates were only slightly lower than the hotel. I would probably get two hotel rooms and top up a little more for the price I paid here. However the service was top-notched here. There was also 24-hour call desk.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AileenChua
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My bf and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at CHI Residences 279 and will not hesitate to return here if we are coming back to Hong Kong.

Pros:
- Awesome room size
- Well designed room (you will find anything lacking)
- SMART TV and unlimited wifi internet
- Good shower
- Best location (near Yau Ma Tei MTR and walkable to all the happening street markets
- Friendly staff
- Value for money

Cons:
- No room service for the lazy ones
- No views

We have stayed in other hotels like Mongkok Metropark and HK Disneyland Hotel and while they looked impressive on the outside, the rooms at CHI Residences 279 is far more superior in terms of value for money and design. You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bluedusk
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Top marks to the people there...from manager down to cleaning staff, they are just adorable. They simply can't do enough. Internet was superb...a router in every room! Lots of useful stuff....kettle, hairdryer, microwave, dumbells! Great location in the real HK/Kowloon area...so close to Yau ma tei station and Temple st market.

On the downside...not much. A bit close to the road...if they were to double-glaze it will be even better! Not quite as spacious as the description suggests, it's simply an OK size room with a sliding screen across the middle, but it gives you a place to work, read have a snack or a drink.

Room Tip: higher up the better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rhabout
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

It only took me a minuet to get my key to the room number 1. the staff are verry friendly. the room amenities are pretty good, with a standard home theather a dvd player and also a flat tv. I'm surprise with the air purifier in the room which not a common amenities in the hotel or service appartement but its an added value. The room is pretty comfy the location is supperb with many local food around and verry near with the night market and also nathan road is a couple blocks away, close to the mtr yau mau tei. Definitely will be back to this place.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple