Near to the MTR station of Yau Ma Tei on Shanghai Road, just behind the very long shopping street of Nathan Road. The building itself doesn't look much but once inside the decor is more than fine.
We arrived around 7pm. Check in was slightly haphazard and as our room was being right next to the check-in area we missed out on the useful information that was in the lift. We received no information about Hong Kong on check-in.
The room itself was a decent size with a living area of a table and sofa plus full-size fridge/freezer, one electric hob, microwave, 2 pans, a frying pan and cutlery. We had two of everything - the place could do with more dishes since there is no washing-up liquid or cloth to clean used dishes. There was a huge TV in the front room with internet connection.
The bathroom had a separate shower, not the usual wetroom. It came supplied with a full array of toiletries.
The bed fit snugly into the bedroom, which can be divided by pulling across French Doors. There were also built-in wardrobes with a safe inside. We also found a handy bag, hairdryer, golf umbrella and slippers in the room.
The apartment is very well proportioned and is very clean. The housekeeper does an excellent job, including the washing up.
The Chi Residence is a pretty good place to stay should you want an apartment. If you want to cook it does lack some items such as cooking oil and some utensils. Just next door there is a homeware shop! If you like shopping then the Chi is ideally located with Nathan Road just one street away. For food shopping there is a Wellcome nearby. Step out onto the road and go right, then take the next right, cross the next street and walk until you pass the McDonalds and it is on your right. For seeing the sights of Hong Kong you can walk, it is about 30 minutes to the Harbour front or take the metro.
If you want a decent sized room that is clean and fairly well resourced and close to transport links then this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CHI 279 by CHI Residences is a calm retreat from the city. Located on famous Shanghai Street, a fascinating eclectic array of shops and sights reveal the natural charm of Hong Kong. Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your CHI Residences 279 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chi Residences 279 Hotel Hong Kong
- CHI Residences 279 Hong Kong