First off, if you're not used to cheap accommodation, you won't have a good time. However, we really enjoyed our stay. The location was great on Nathan Road, between two MTR stations, near a market and lots of cheap eats. The building was a little rundown but who cares. One staff spoke English, the rest would call her and pass you the phone if needed, all were nice. We were also able to get next day Chinese visas, no hassle. Yes the room and bathroom were small and cramped but you get a private bathroom, air-conditioning, a kettle and a TV, can't complain really. Expensive for what you get but the cheapest we could find out of the mansions. Really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Island Guesthouse (GIG) is newly decorated in 2008 and located in Nathan Road where is the heart of commercial and entertainment district in Kowloon. We're nearby Jordan MTR Station and Yaumatei MTR Station, and can be easily accessed by most of major public transportation from/to anywhere in Hong Kong . We provide clean and comfortable accommodation to budget travelers at most affordable price. All the rooms are equipped with private bathroom, television, telephone and FREE WIFI internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld and Ctrip TA so you can book your Golden Island Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Island Guesthouse Hotel Hong Kong
- Golden Island Guesthouse Hong Kong