Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I've been visited Hong Kong twice and this is the MOST good hostel that i never ever regret to stayed. Room was a bit small but it was clean. They provided enough amenities to convenient all guest. Price-reasonable, Amenities-more than enough, Location- center point, Staff-Friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2012
3  Thank vinnywoon
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I travelled alone, and put up at Geo-Home. Administratively, yes, your booking isn't confirmed unless you pay a deposit. I was charged HK580 per night for the single room and I felt it was too much for the space offered - yes I know that space is a premium in HK, but this was quite small really.

I took the single room and found it small - i'm about 1.54m tall, and it's really hard to move around once your luggage is in. I had backpacks.
I intended to read in my room, and found that the yellow light wasn't bright enough.
It's almost impossible to eat in the room - unless you don't mind sitting on the bed and eating. The bed is literally next to the toilet - there is a proper wall separating the two spaces - so while it's manageable when the toilet door is closed, it really feels strange munching food on the bed. The toilet was tiny too: Most of the space was taken up by the W.C. and there's very little standing room for the shower.

Yes, it was neat and clean, wifi was good; it was near to Mong Kok MTR and you'd find food and the supermarket nearby. The owners, Kitty and Mr. Tsai, were helpful. Mr Tsai changed a spoilt light bulb readily when I asked him for help to, without much fuss. I also met Hung, a lady who takes charge at the counter sometimes, and she was a nice person too.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We came to Hong Kong not really knowing what to expect from accommodation there. It seems like accommodation can be grouped into 2 categories - hotels where you pay an arm and a leg to stay there and hostel/hotels that are cheap and basic. This hotel is in the second category, but it is not a bad place.

The best parts of this hotel are undoubtedly the location and the friendliness of the staff. It's an easy walk to 2 train stations and the bus to the airport left from just a bit down the street. Not only that, there are markets about a 15 minute walk away and a lot of restaurant options.

As I said, the staff are lovely. We needed to get some laundry done before we left to go to Tokyo, and the man behind the counter went out of his way to take us down the street to find a place that would do our laundry. When one place said that they couldn't do it soon enough, he walked us somewhere else. All up we were walking around for 10 minutes, but I have never had that level of service from front desk support, and we were very appreciative.

All up, our accommodation came to about $52 AUD a night, which is tiny when you consider how big a city Hong Kong is, and how expensive accommodation can be there. For the price, the room was okay. We got a double, which ended up being two single beds put together, and the room was clean enough. The bummer was the bathroom, with the showerhead over the toilet. I was expecting it because I read reviews before we booked, but it was hard to stop the water leaking from the bathroom into the bedroom area.

For budget hostel/hotel accommodation, I don't think you could really get much better in Hong Kong, specially when you hear the horror stories of what goes on in ChungKing Mansions. Luckily this place is far removed from all those horrors, and the people and location are lovely.

If I were travelling on my own, I would probably stay here again, but travelling as a couple I might look for something a little more expensive to get a bit more comfort.

Room tip: There is a great view of the city streets from the room, very nice at night when it's all lit up.
Date of stay: February 2011
4  Thank femcastra
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed in the hostel with my husband and 2 young children. We had a room with 2 double beds and ensuite shower room. From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and accommodating, Miss Kitty who owned it was so lovely. The room was small but perfect for us and 2 backpacks. The aircon was on remote control so temp could be changed which was handy, tv on wall with good signal too.The whole place was clean and everyday new towels if needed were given to us. It was a brilliant location. I would very highly recommend this hostel and will be staying there again if we go back. We stayed in another hostel and although room was bigger the service was rubbish compared to this hostel. If you can put up with the small space you get an excellent value for money hostel.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank becgrice
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Geo-Home Holiday Hotel Hong Kong is a small guest house on the 9th floor of a big buiding that has various other hotels & shops. Rooms are usually very small, but thats the case in all hotels in Hong Kong. But the they are neat and clean and have all the necessary things that can be put in a small room like lcd,dryer etc.

Online booking is not possible. Only option is to call the contact mentioned in webpage and send a mail, but that too wont assure you a room. I had booked through email and I also got a confirmation. I also confirmed again one day before reaching hong kong, But when I reached hotel they had given it to some other guests and gave me another room which was 200 dollars more expensive. So word of advice is that dont trust the reservation confirmation.

Location is good as there are direct buses from just outside to airport and also train services to city.

Date of stay: April 2011