“Horrible place” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Singhs Guest House

Singhs Guest House
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Singhs Guest House
Ranked #469 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Simei Singapore
“Horrible place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I will not introduce anyone to this place..
Its full of south Asians dealers.

Place don't look like a hotel, front desk is rude, tiny rooms and no room service.

Does not worth the price at all for 190 bucks per night!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked into here because on another travel website it had a good rating. I have no idea how it attained this rating - it was horrible! The dorm rooms were TINY, my bed sheets had not been changed (my pillow had a man's hairs all over it which were most certainly not my feminine locks, vile), the toilet/shower/sink was dirty and the door was held together with masking tape and didn't close properly. The staff woke my friends up at 12 midnight to ask for payment for the room. I didn't stay in another hostel in Kowloon so I have no idea how it matches up in terms of value for money but I'd avoid here if you can!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank IPreferTopBunk

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Rosh Haayn, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked and paid 1 night in advance. My son arrived after a long distance flight, after Midnight and was told there is no available room. They gave him money back and sent him away. The area is full of dealers, and is a very unpleasent place especially at night. He had to take a taxi back to the airport waiting 8 hours to his next flight.
Don't go there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Hagit H
Kathmandu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Singhs aka Paris aka Day and Night, they seemed to be part of the same and were dispersed over floors 7 and 10 of Chungking Mansion, using about 3 lifts D, E and F (I think as I was always getting lost). The room was tiny, but all you needed. It was claustophobic but on complaining about this, I was 'upgraded' to a 'double' at no extra cost that had a window at least, but wasn't any bigger than the single cubicle that I moved up from.

The staff were friendly, the tea and coffee making, fridge and microwave in the common kitchenette useful, and the location were good. Though I didn't have anything to compare with, I felt it was reasonable value.

• Stayed July 2013
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was told by one of my business associates that the hotel was a decent place to stay, but was disappointed when entered the property it is a typical guest house not a hotel either I misunderstood my friends suggestion, if travelling alone and if one is tight with the pocket then this place is good but I will not recommend the place if travelling with family

Room Tip: If travelling alone and are budget concisions this place is descent, will not recommend with family
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank harry329
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was meeting a friend in Hong Kong and I arrived a day early so I need to get a cheap room for the night, and here's where I ended up... the irony is that I had a reservation at the Crown Plaza Causeway Bay the next ngiht! :)
This is a hostel in a very bad section of Hong Kong, very hard to find and nothing like you see on the internet. It is in a good location, but Nathan Road is a seedy part of town. East to get to from the airport, but as soon as you get out of the cab there are 20 Sri Lankan immigrants on you trying to take you to a guest house.
Signh is one of many in one block of buildings and it not easy to find. It looks nothing like the photos. The room I had was private, but small, dirty, the front desk guy was nice, but kept coming to my room to see if I 'needed anything' ... including a massage.
If you're a seasoned traveler like me, you won't be too put out, but if not, stay away from this booking. It looks a lot worse than it is. The rooms are somewhat secure, cameras everywhere, and 24 hour front desk. It's fine for a couple of nights, but I wouldn't stick around there too long. It cost $24 for a private room, so ... you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank deepdish242
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

ok place to stay. the room was very clean. Staff helpful. I stayed with three other people in the room with no problems. Overall, they do a good job. If you are looking for a clean room at a low price in Hong Kong, this would be good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo