Upper house is beyond amazing. I stayed in Hong Kong for 8 days in 3 hotels. The first couple nights I stayed at Marriott near the airport which was pretty good too but very standard room in Hong Kong. Then I stayed one night in Hyatt in grand central and that experience was pretty bad because the hotel is really old and the suite was really small compared to the money spent. The remaining nights I stayed at Uppder House and the experience was EXCELLENT.
ROOM: The room is double of the size compared to the regular rooms in most of 4 or 5 star Hong Kong hotels although half of the room is used for bathroom space. I love the free snack and drink bar especially when I returned to the hotel late at night. The Hotel uses "REN" skincare products and I LOVE IT! They gave you one cosmetic bag full of REN products everyday even though you don't finish them. I had harbor veiw 70 room and the view is really amazing. I also loved the sitting area next to the huge windows over looking the ocean. I had my coffee and snack early in the morning or late at night looking at the view and listening to the iPod jazz songs the hotel provides. They also provide free wifi.
SERVICE: The customer service is amazing too. I had a package delivered oversea and the front desk helped me to track it while I was out. When I returned, it was sitting on my desk already. Anything I asked, they figured it out for me with very professional manner.
FOOD: I went to the 49th floor for breakfast and I wouldn't recommend it. There are TONS of good food out there. The breakfast was fancy but wayyyy over priced.
LOCATION: Excellent location. It's right next to Marriott and connected to Pacific Place which is one of the stops of subway, but it has the quietness outside of the busy mall. In my opinion, the location is great.
The ONLY thing I am a little bit disappointed is Upper House is sort of like an "Apartment" not really a "hotel", so it gives you lots of comfort feeling of a "home", so maybe that's the reason they don't have pool and spa. Therefore, I went to spas at both Mandarin Oriental and Ritz-Carlton. If you don't care about the 116th floors ocean view of Ritz-Cariton, you should consider going to the spa in Mandarin Oriental which is much better. I love their extra facilities and relaxation room.
If you are willing to spend a little extra money, Upper House is definitely your choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong