“The Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne
“The Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been fortunate to stay at many world reknown five star hotels, including The Peninsula , and my expectations of The Upper House were very high after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Despite this, The Upper House has exceeded anything that I have previously experienced, or could have imagined, of a hotel.
The hotel itself is very beautiful, with tranquil spaces and elegant decor. The rooms are remarkably large for Hong Kong, and the full wall windows allow stunning views. Each room is actually effectively four rooms, with a large living room/bedroom + dressing room + bathroom (with enormous bath, more view, TV and amazing shower) + toilet. With the heavenly Ren toilettries, although I'm in HK for a conference, I feel as though I have had a week in a spa.
The location is very central, and the hotel is on top of Pacific Place shopping centre and Admiralty, so travel anywhere via MTR (the super efficient, clean, safe, easy to use train system) is so easy. It's 10 minutes in a taxi to the HK Medical Conference Centre (and about AUD$8), for any doctors considering where to stay for a conference.
It's the Staff which really make the hotel so special, though. The Staff go beyond being willing to do things to improve your stay to actively seraching for ways to do this. There are many examples in the reviews, but I've had two experiences in particular. I was expecting a parcel to be delivered from a shop, and it did not arrive. I rang the concierge to ask whether anything had been delivered, and they asked the name and location of the shop. They then rang the shop, ascertained when the package could be delivered, arranged for this, and rang back to confirm with me. I over-shopped, and asked the staff about posting items home. They arranged for three different sized boxes to be left in my room, then arranged for the boxes to be weighed, and costed different ways to send the items home. Super impressive.
If you're considering where to stay in Hong Kong, stay here. It's perfect for leisure trips, and have made my business trip an absolute pleasure. You'll be so glad that you did. I may well have to be dragged out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MelbourneBookGirl
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Many thanks for having taken the time to write such a detailed tripadivisor.com review!

It is exciting to hear that we were able to exceed your high expectations after your stays at what are considered to be Hong Kong’s most well known hotels.

We appreciate your highlighted complimentary notes about our team members and the service they provide on a daily basis.

Please do let me know next time you return to Hong Kong so I may personally meet you during your next visit.

The Upper House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Potomac, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a great hotel, it has intimate spaces,sensory ambience, very welcoming. Nice amenities. Fab design and best of all really amazing service. Wonderful bar on rooftop. Excellent restaurant too. Guest rooms are huge for hong kong. Almost 600 sqft.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tina E
Dear Tina

Thanks for your recent tripadvisor.com review.

We appreciate your complimentary notes about your room product. Above all however we are very proud to read your positive notes about the service.

Let me know personally if I may assist with any of your future travel arrangements to Hong Kong or Beijing to any of our Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Upper House never fail with the little
moment of touch they offered to their VIP guest.
I did a short transist in HK from my trip in San Francisco and I stayed at Upper House once again. As usual they maintained the high standard of hospitality and service.
Greatly appreciate the staff and the management team and a very good thank you for all the artangement to make my short transist in HK a memorable one!

Dr E Chow
Upper Guest - trip advisor

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank UpperGuest
Dear Dr Chow

Thanks for your recent tripadvisor.com review.

Many thanks for your continued patronage of “our house”.

It is very rewarding to hear that you perceive our service to be of continued high standard.

Hopefully you get more time to experience Hong Kong during your next visit or transit.
Let me know when you are around and I am looking forward to meet you personally.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Believe all the wonderful reviews of this amazing hotel. Just beyond your wildest imagination to find such a luxury retreat in this crowded and cramped city. The bathroom is bigger than most hotel rooms in Hong Kong. I truly enjoyed my stay here and can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Excellent espresso machine, free mini bar and cookies too!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OreoBoy
Thanks for your recent tripadvisor.com review.

Hong Kong is indeed a hectic place and we are glad to hear that you felt comfortably looked after at “our house”.

Hopefully I will get the chance to personally meet you during your next visit.
Let me know if I may assist with your upcoming reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Me, my husband and my daughter had a blast at our recent stay (aug 25-27) in Hong Kong; thanks to The Upper House. From baby powder to chocolate milk and warm welcome, the staff are truly the best! I never experienced hospitality like what these guys had given. For the room where we stayed at, it was simply perfect! The bathroom set up was superb! And of course the view was to die for!!!
I visit HK every two months so ill make sure to see them again soon...

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacknoy
Thank you for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor.com review.

We are very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our service and that you liked our rooms.

Las Piñas, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed 28 August 2012

From the time you book your trip to the last day, this place takes care of you.

Apart from the awesome customer service, UH has the best bathroom amenities, the best bed and pillows so far, an ultra spacious bathroom that you'd want to sleep in, a ridiculous amount of free beverages and snacks to your stomach's content, amazing views from wherever your room is, the food was delicious. The ambiance of the room is so relaxing, everything complements each other, from the color scheme, down to the furniture and carpet in the bedroom.

My only gripe is that I wish I had more room to stomach in the great food!

In a nutshell, experience the Upper House and you'll never want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Every room has an awesome view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anton P
Dear Anton

Thank you for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor.com review.

We are very grateful to hear that you consider our service “awesome”.

Hopefully I will get the chance to personally meet you during your next visit.
Let me know if I may assist with any upcoming reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I absolutely loved the Upper House in HK:) I never experienced similar service and attention to detail as the one provided by the very discrete and efficient staff. It feels like being looked after at home!
Rooms are extremely spacious with breathtaking views, beds are super comfortable and great wardrobe/bathroom area. All drinks and food in the room are complimentary and make for great snacks, including the afternoon tea they provide. The restaurant upstairs has amazing views and food. Plus amazing location and very discrete entrance!
Will definitely go back:)

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecilia C
Dear Cecilia

Thank you for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor.com review.

It is great to hear that you consider The Upper House “home away from home”. Your comments regarding the discretion and efficiency of our team members are especially rewarding.