I have been fortunate to stay at many world reknown five star hotels, including The Peninsula , and my expectations of The Upper House were very high after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Despite this, The Upper House has exceeded anything that I have previously experienced, or could have imagined, of a hotel.
The hotel itself is very beautiful, with tranquil spaces and elegant decor. The rooms are remarkably large for Hong Kong, and the full wall windows allow stunning views. Each room is actually effectively four rooms, with a large living room/bedroom + dressing room + bathroom (with enormous bath, more view, TV and amazing shower) + toilet. With the heavenly Ren toilettries, although I'm in HK for a conference, I feel as though I have had a week in a spa.
The location is very central, and the hotel is on top of Pacific Place shopping centre and Admiralty, so travel anywhere via MTR (the super efficient, clean, safe, easy to use train system) is so easy. It's 10 minutes in a taxi to the HK Medical Conference Centre (and about AUD$8), for any doctors considering where to stay for a conference.
It's the Staff which really make the hotel so special, though. The Staff go beyond being willing to do things to improve your stay to actively seraching for ways to do this. There are many examples in the reviews, but I've had two experiences in particular. I was expecting a parcel to be delivered from a shop, and it did not arrive. I rang the concierge to ask whether anything had been delivered, and they asked the name and location of the shop. They then rang the shop, ascertained when the package could be delivered, arranged for this, and rang back to confirm with me. I over-shopped, and asked the staff about posting items home. They arranged for three different sized boxes to be left in my room, then arranged for the boxes to be weighed, and costed different ways to send the items home. Super impressive.
If you're considering where to stay in Hong Kong, stay here. It's perfect for leisure trips, and have made my business trip an absolute pleasure. You'll be so glad that you did. I may well have to be dragged out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong