I travel a fair amount and while I appreciate and enjoy a good hotel, finding one that stands out from the crowd is a rare and wonderful treat. The Upper House is such a hotel. The design and details from the entrance to your room are truly one of a kind and manage to be distinctive without overwhelming you.
Often I find some hotel designs to be innovative and creative, but at the same time calling out for attention that make it difficult to relax. Andrew Fu's creation, has mastered the balance of fine detail, innovation and total relaxation (perfect after a busy day in busy Hong Kong). As soon as you enter the lobby, your stress levels melt away and once you are in your room, you are totally re-rejuvenated.
Cafe Grey upstairs serves great food and drink with outstanding views but be sure to reserve a table at either the bar or restaurant in advance as it can get crowded.
A special thanks to Marcel the manager and his staff who run a pitch perfect tight ship, without being stuffy or too intrusive in this one of a kind property. Can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong