“Most Attentive Staff and a Great Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Upper House

Ranked #1 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
San Francisco, California
“Most Attentive Staff and a Great Hotel.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A 5 star boutique hotel with the most attentive staff. The attention that the Hotel gave us, particularly Mr. Vinchi Chau, Guest Experience Manager, was impressive. We had discussed some issues we had and Vinchi promptly made accommodations.

Never mind the birthday cake they made for our daughter, which other hotels in HK had done for her also; but when Vinchi found out that our daughters were a little under the weather, he actually sent thermoses of hot water, lemon and honey. But the most impressive was he even sent a bottle of vitamin C! We were quite sure that would not be repeated at another hotel.

The suite was spacious with views from not only the living room and bedroom but from the bath tub as well.

A great hotel with the most attentive staff.

Room Tip: The higher the room…the better the view.
3 Thank ipixoto
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor community.

I have shared all your comments with the entire team and of course Vinchi. We are very privileged to have him in our team – he is actually part of it since our opening in fall 2009.

To get feedback from a guest like yours is very rewarding. I am particularly proud to hear that you describe our staff as “the most attentive”

Do stay in touch and do let Vinchi or myself know if we may ever assist you with anything here in Hong Kong or any other Swire Hotels.

The Upper House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed in hundreds of five star hotels... but this one... It is superb. The rooms are great and well equipped, the restaurant is phenomenal, but my God... Kristina and her team at reception, or guest experience, or friends or whatever you want to call it... whatever they can to help you. Sometimes even before you think you need something they are there. Never experienced anything like it.
Stayed there for a couple of weeks and they made me feel like a friend. The whole team are like enthusiastic school kids, but all are exceptionally well trained and organised.
I did not believe those exceptional reviews, but it is true.... it truly is amazing....

Room Tip: any room really
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013

Your description of the level of service you experienced during your stay with us is very flattering. We are indeed very privileged to work with such hospitality professionals such as Kristina. I am especially delighted to know that you appreciated the pro-activeness of the team as well as their enthusiasm.

We are happy to have had the chance to meet you during your extended stay with us. Do stay in touch and do let Kristina or myself know if we may ever assist you with anything here in Hong Kong or any other Swire Hotels.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Amazing rooms, I've stayed at a number of hotels and this is definitely one of the best especially for place like hong kong where space is scarce. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

I love the bathroom and the vintec maxi bar. I will definitely stay again! Love your work Marcel.

Room Tip: request a harbour room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J J
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with the tripadvisor community.

I appreciate your special personal greetings. It is very rewarding to hear that you like the way we work and care for our guests. I am particularly happy though that it was our team who impressed you most and that you describe them as “friendly and helpful”.

Do stay in touch and we are very much looking forward to hopefully welcome soon again.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here with my husband. The whole experience is very thoughtful and delightful. The staff escorted us immediately to the room, where they checked us in inside the room in comfort. The room we stayed in was an AMAZING suite, with the living room, bedroom, and bathroom all equally sized, spacious, gorgeous, immaculate.

We loved it so much, we are returning this fall when we go back to HK, this time with our two kids. They will probably pine for the JW Marriott, with the pool and the executive lounge, but we think the tradeoff is worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irene A
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community.

We are glad to know that you had a good time at “our house” and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back in fall again. Please do drop me a line on marcelthoma@swirehotels.com to let me know if I may assist with any pre-arrival assistance.

Whilst we offer a different product/service to other hotels within Pacific Place, we are happy to arrange access to any additional leisure facilities you and your family may require during your upcoming visit to the city.

Safe travels!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hong Kong hotels are generally quite expensive and I have certainly come across a few that were not good value for money. This was not the case with The Upper House, the hotel certainly isn't the cheapest out there, but I was so happy I spent that little bit extra to get a whole lot more.

The hotel is positioned right in the hub of the city. Close to shopping, nightlife and restaurants.

We were warmly greeted when we arrived and given very personalised information on where to go and what to do. They even printed out restaurant names, details and maps for us (not just given a dodgy brochure).

The rooms were impeccable, very modern with everything you could need and exceptional views across the harbour.

The beds were so comfortable, honestly the best hotel mattress and pillows that I have ever come across.

The product range in the bathrooms were gorgeous and with very generous amounts. The mini bar was also very generously stocked with many free items (snacks and drinks).

Our breakfast was included, and was very impressive. I ordered from an a la carte menu and was made fresh (no buffet). You are able to order as many times as you wish from the menu.

I highly recommend The Upper House, and look forward to going back and staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SCRTraveller
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013

You emphasized in your review the good price/value; many thanks! We are glad to know that our product/service appealed to you. We are particularly happy to know that the team went out of the way to make your stay extra special.

We would love to welcome you back soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I love the Upper House. Great location and the room is beyond impressive. I would like to thanks the staff of The Upper House for their dedicated service in ensuring that we have an enjoyable stay from 13th to 15th July 2013. Special mention to Ms Kylie, Mr Frankie & Mr Venon for going the extra mile in getting a birthday cake for my sis-in-law (Room 3901) whose birthday falls on 13th July 2013. Their exemplary service is greatly appreciated!

I was also given a pleasant surprise when a photo taken with Ms Kylie & Mr Frankie was framed and presented to me. The service of your staff was excellent! An Awesome Hotel to stay & enjoy for business & with family.

Kudos to The Upper House!! We will be back soon. :)

Mr & Mrs David Seah (Room 3904)

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, it has a better view.
76 Thank David_Seah
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you also for this review and for having taken the time to share some additional photos with the tripadvisor.com community.

The photos are lovely memories and we hope to welcome you back soon again to “our house”.

Singapore
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife & I had an enjoyable & luxuriious stay at the Upper House in mid-July 2013. The service of the staff was excellent. They were friendly, accommodating & even went the extra mile in getting a birthday cake for my sis-in-law (Room 3901) whose birthday fell on the day we checked-in.

Instead of having to stand & crowd around the lobby on arrival, we had a personalised check-in at the comfort of our room. We were served Heineken beer while we rested on the room sofa. The room was spacious & there were panoramic views of the mountain & neighbouring skyscrapers from our bed as well as the bathtub. We never ran out of water as the maxi bar was filled with mineral water, soft drinks & Heineken beer. When we needed something to bite on at night, M&M chocolates, almond nuts, cookies & mentos sweets were aplenty. These items were not charged (unlike at other hotels) & were refilled every day!

We were so pleased with the Upper House that we would like to stay there again at our next visit, probably in a couple of months. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Kylie, Frankie & Venon for making our holiday a memorable one:)

Kudos to the Upper House!

Mr & Mrs David Seah
Singapore

Room Tip: View in Room 3901 is excellent. There is also a dressing table with chair & mirror. There's...
85 Thank Wonder A
Dear Mr and Mrs Seah

Many thanks for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor review and for your recent patronage of “our house”.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at “our house”; thank you for describing the service as “excellent”.

We are indeed very privileged to work with a team of such dedicated hotel professionals. Rest assured that I have shared all you praises with the team in general and Kylie, Frankie and Vernon in particular.

Do let me know when you return to Hong Kong and I would personally like to assist you with any future reservation set up.