“Stylish”

Ranked #1 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
Mumbai
“Stylish”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I didnt stay at this hotel but had heard so many wonderful things about it that we visited the Hotel to get a feel for what is being said.
We visited the Hotel for drinks and dinner.
The enterance was very warm just the right lighting, ambiance & smells.
I loved the living room effect with fire place of the reception .
The food at the resturant was amazing as the ambiance
Will definitely stay here on my next trip

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Naita

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your visit to Café Gray Deluxe with the tripadvisor community.

We appreciate the fact that you took time to read some of our reviews prior your visit to our restaurant. We are indeed blessed with all the positive word of mouth we have received for both – The Upper House as well as Café Gray Deluxe. Did you get a chance to at least view our amazing rooms during your visit?

We would love to have you as our guest next time you visit Hong Kong. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly via email and I will personally take care of all the arrangements for you:
marcelthoma@swirehotels.com

The Upper House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just a great place overall. Let the escalators lead you into a highly controlled but personable environment. Would highly recommend visiting the lawn on the 6th floor and Cafe Grey in the evening for drinks. Rooms are large and half of the space is the bathroom / staging area. Luxe in every way. You can order room service using an iPod touch and everything us automated to a tee, and intuitive to boot. I appreciated the free minibar and the wine prices within the mini bar aren't too bad either.

1 Thank Michael C
Dear Michael

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor community.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. We appreciate the fact that you highlighted the points you particularly liked to “our house”.

I am not sure though if we “rival the best old-world luxury bastions” but rather complement the extensive offer in the luxury Hong Kong market with a product/service which is right for the modern day traveller.

Do stay in touch and do let me know if we may ever assist you with anything here in Hong Kong or any other Swire Hotels.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A 5 star boutique hotel with the most attentive staff. The attention that the Hotel gave us, particularly Mr. Vinchi Chau, Guest Experience Manager, was impressive. We had discussed some issues we had and Vinchi promptly made accommodations.

Never mind the birthday cake they made for our daughter, which other hotels in HK had done for her also; but when Vinchi found out that our daughters were a little under the weather, he actually sent thermoses of hot water, lemon and honey. But the most impressive was he even sent a bottle of vitamin C! We were quite sure that would not be repeated at another hotel.

The suite was spacious with views from not only the living room and bedroom but from the bath tub as well.

A great hotel with the most attentive staff.

Room Tip: The higher the room…the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ipixoto
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013

I have shared all your comments with the entire team and of course Vinchi. We are very privileged to have him in our team – he is actually part of it since our opening in fall 2009.

To get feedback from a guest like yours is very rewarding. I am particularly proud to hear that you describe our staff as “the most attentive”

Do stay in touch and do let Vinchi or myself know if we may ever assist you with anything here in Hong Kong or any other Swire Hotels.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed in hundreds of five star hotels... but this one... It is superb. The rooms are great and well equipped, the restaurant is phenomenal, but my God... Kristina and her team at reception, or guest experience, or friends or whatever you want to call it... whatever they can to help you. Sometimes even before you think you need something they are there. Never experienced anything like it.
Stayed there for a couple of weeks and they made me feel like a friend. The whole team are like enthusiastic school kids, but all are exceptionally well trained and organised.
I did not believe those exceptional reviews, but it is true.... it truly is amazing....

Room Tip: any room really
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013

Your description of the level of service you experienced during your stay with us is very flattering. We are indeed very privileged to work with such hospitality professionals such as Kristina. I am especially delighted to know that you appreciated the pro-activeness of the team as well as their enthusiasm.

We are happy to have had the chance to meet you during your extended stay with us. Do stay in touch and do let Kristina or myself know if we may ever assist you with anything here in Hong Kong or any other Swire Hotels.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Amazing rooms, I've stayed at a number of hotels and this is definitely one of the best especially for place like hong kong where space is scarce. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

I love the bathroom and the vintec maxi bar. I will definitely stay again! Love your work Marcel.

Room Tip: request a harbour room
1 Thank J J
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with the tripadvisor community.

I appreciate your special personal greetings. It is very rewarding to hear that you like the way we work and care for our guests. I am particularly happy though that it was our team who impressed you most and that you describe them as “friendly and helpful”.

Do stay in touch and we are very much looking forward to hopefully welcome soon again.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here with my husband. The whole experience is very thoughtful and delightful. The staff escorted us immediately to the room, where they checked us in inside the room in comfort. The room we stayed in was an AMAZING suite, with the living room, bedroom, and bathroom all equally sized, spacious, gorgeous, immaculate.

We loved it so much, we are returning this fall when we go back to HK, this time with our two kids. They will probably pine for the JW Marriott, with the pool and the executive lounge, but we think the tradeoff is worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Irene A
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community.

We are glad to know that you had a good time at “our house” and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back in fall again. Please do drop me a line on marcelthoma@swirehotels.com to let me know if I may assist with any pre-arrival assistance.

Whilst we offer a different product/service to other hotels within Pacific Place, we are happy to arrange access to any additional leisure facilities you and your family may require during your upcoming visit to the city.

Safe travels!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hong Kong hotels are generally quite expensive and I have certainly come across a few that were not good value for money. This was not the case with The Upper House, the hotel certainly isn't the cheapest out there, but I was so happy I spent that little bit extra to get a whole lot more.

The hotel is positioned right in the hub of the city. Close to shopping, nightlife and restaurants.

We were warmly greeted when we arrived and given very personalised information on where to go and what to do. They even printed out restaurant names, details and maps for us (not just given a dodgy brochure).

The rooms were impeccable, very modern with everything you could need and exceptional views across the harbour.

The beds were so comfortable, honestly the best hotel mattress and pillows that I have ever come across.

The product range in the bathrooms were gorgeous and with very generous amounts. The mini bar was also very generously stocked with many free items (snacks and drinks).

Our breakfast was included, and was very impressive. I ordered from an a la carte menu and was made fresh (no buffet). You are able to order as many times as you wish from the menu.

I highly recommend The Upper House, and look forward to going back and staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SCRTraveller
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 24 July 2013

You emphasized in your review the good price/value; many thanks! We are glad to know that our product/service appealed to you. We are particularly happy to know that the team went out of the way to make your stay extra special.

We would love to welcome you back soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.