“Perfect”
Review of The Upper House

Ranked #1 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 January 2014

At the Upper House you get what you pay for. It's expensive but, for the price, you receive flawless service, stunning rooms (and views), and enough amenities to really feel at home. We stayed there over New Year's, and enjoyed every minute. The Upper House is centrally located yet also a real oasis in (or, more precisely, above) Hong Kong. The reviews on Tripadvisor are right: I can't imagine there is a nicer hotel in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nh1984
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at "our house" with the trip advisor community.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. We are flattered to hear you calling our hotel "perfect". We believe we offer a alternative way of service delivery to other more traditional five star hotels in town.

Do contact me in the future again for anything I may assist with at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

There are newer reviews for The Upper House

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Beautiful hotel with excellent service. The lower lobby bar and outside terrace are lovely but there is no rest room so need take an elevator forty floors. Cafe Grey has beautiful views and setting, food is very nice but not equal to the prices. You're really paying for the view and setting, which is worth the price. Better to have a drink at the upper bar next to the Cafe and dine elsewhere.

Surprisingly, the concierge could not get us dinner reservations anywhere within walking distance, and this was mid-week and non-holiday period. Concierge very helpful with airline pre check-in and other miscellaneous. Beautiful art and architecture.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kent L

Dear Kent

Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at "our house" with the trip advisor community.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. You may be interested to know that work has started on our lawn in order to further improve our current offerings. I would be delighted to understand more about your other comments in regards to restaurant reservations - do contact me on marcelthoma@swirehotels.com

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was touched by the warm welcome I received at the Upper House. The staff were very considerate and helpful throughout my stay. When they discovered that I was troubled by a dry, raspy throat after my flight, icecream, water and warm tea were provided for my comfort. The large windows in my room presented a calming view of the island side of the hotel and the room was spacious, with tasteful décor and an ample supply of food and drink on hand. The view of the harbour from the top floor Café Grey provided a pleasant setting for the excellent food and service provided there. The Upper House was a truly wonderful place to stay - a home away from home!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew H

Dear Andrew

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. Lovely to hear that you felt "at home" and that you both enjoyed the physical aspect of the hotel as well as the way we deliver service.

Do contact me in the future for anything I may assist with at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I recently spent a fabulous seven nights at this beautiful hotel(our third visit). The view from our suite was fantastic, seeing the hustle and bustle of people, taxis, buses etc during the day and then transforming into a wonderland of lights in the evening. The staff are friendly and are only too happy to help. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Sandra Lesko

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husbands 70 birthday and my brother booked us in as a surprise....
The staff were all aware of the fact.....friendly efficient and so kind. As our room was not ready (a blip I think) we were upgraded to a suite with a harbour view to die for. We watched the sun set and then saw the HK night lit up before our very eyes. Everywhere is spotless and modern and the attention to detail is second to none. The view from the bath, not the bathroom...the bath was incredible too ! Very romantic, and height HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for having taken the time to write about your recent stay at The Upper House.
Thanks for having chosen our hotel to celebrate your husbands 70th birthday.

We are much honored to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you all enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

While we have been in many great hotels of the world, we never felt so comfortable and at home as in the Upper House. Starting with the very friendly service already before our arrival (asking by email what we need and like), to a warm welcome to the great room. The hotel is perfectly located, easily accessible with public transport and has a great view on the harbor. We had the smallest room, which was perfect. Great bed and sofa, great bathroom with a view. The Maxi Bar with free drinks , cookies etc. is great after a long day strolling through the city. Take the breakfast in the Cafe Gray in the top floor. Great choice and very friendly service. Nothing better than enjoying breakfast with a view over the harbor. The internet is fast, all connections are there and they even provide an adapter for the plugs ... it's the small things and the attention to details that really matter. The manager Marcel is doing a great job!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeDave

Many thanks for having taken the time to write in such detail about your recent stay at The Upper House.

We are much honored to read that you call us "the best"; we would like to think that we offer a different alternative to the usual five star environment.

Rest assured I have shared you positive feedback with the team - we appreciate all the kind personal words.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My drop to the ocean of positive reviews and impressions: I and my colleagues stayed at the Upper House for two days when we were in Hong Kong on business trip. We were so impressed either with the setting or with the service provided there! All was so well thought over to ensure the guests' comfort and convenience. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are huge and more than simply comfortable. The hotel personnel was so caring, you could get the service needed wherever you were. Special thanks go to Kylie Lam, who helped us a lot, to Marcel and Roman. Thank you guys, you did an amazing job! I will be definitely staying at the Upper House when I am in Hong Kong again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Your feedback is much appreciated and it surely is very helpful to the rest of the tripadvisor community planning a trip to Hong Kong.

I am particularly delighted that you enjoyed both, atmosphere and service at "our house". Rest assured I have shared your feedback with my colleagues Kylie and Roman both of whom have been with the hotel since opening in fall 2009.