“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great hotel in the middle of town. The design of the hotel is just like in the photos. It's an amazing hotel with a strong sense of a modern home. The facilities are good and the service is comprehensive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert D
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at "our house" with the trip advisor community.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you appreciated the service as well as the design aspect of the hotel.

Do contact me in the future again for anything I may assist with at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

The Upper House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'm a world traveler, spending time in the finest hotels. Quite honestly, this hotel was so over the top, I rank it the best hotel I've experienced. The customer service was beyond exceptional. For example, one of the guest experience agents personally texted me when I needed help with the location of a specialty store, they sent "runners" over to a nearby restaurant to ensure we could get a walk in dinner reservation, left homemade dessert in our room after hearing we liked it at a dining experience, shared pictures of their pets after hearing I had a dog, mysteriously every employee knew my name at every turn. I so highly recommend this hotel, it's a must if you're coming to Hong Kong. The views are sublime, and the rooms are huge. Simply perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of Victoria harbor. The rooms start on the 38th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank laurelbrown
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 19 January 2014

I am delighted to hear that you had pleasant stay - rest assured that all your positive feedback has been shared with the team.

We are very proud to be working with such a passionate team and the way you describe their service delivery during your stay is very flattering.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

At the Upper House you get what you pay for. It's expensive but, for the price, you receive flawless service, stunning rooms (and views), and enough amenities to really feel at home. We stayed there over New Year's, and enjoyed every minute. The Upper House is centrally located yet also a real oasis in (or, more precisely, above) Hong Kong. The reviews on Tripadvisor are right: I can't imagine there is a nicer hotel in Hong Kong.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nh1984
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 19 January 2014

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. We are flattered to hear you calling our hotel "perfect". We believe we offer a alternative way of service delivery to other more traditional five star hotels in town.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Beautiful hotel with excellent service. The lower lobby bar and outside terrace are lovely but there is no rest room so need take an elevator forty floors. Cafe Grey has beautiful views and setting, food is very nice but not equal to the prices. You're really paying for the view and setting, which is worth the price. Better to have a drink at the upper bar next to the Cafe and dine elsewhere.

Surprisingly, the concierge could not get us dinner reservations anywhere within walking distance, and this was mid-week and non-holiday period. Concierge very helpful with airline pre check-in and other miscellaneous. Beautiful art and architecture.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kent L
Dear Kent

Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at "our house" with the trip advisor community.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. You may be interested to know that work has started on our lawn in order to further improve our current offerings. I would be delighted to understand more about your other comments in regards to restaurant reservations - do contact me on marcelthoma@swirehotels.com

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was touched by the warm welcome I received at the Upper House. The staff were very considerate and helpful throughout my stay. When they discovered that I was troubled by a dry, raspy throat after my flight, icecream, water and warm tea were provided for my comfort. The large windows in my room presented a calming view of the island side of the hotel and the room was spacious, with tasteful décor and an ample supply of food and drink on hand. The view of the harbour from the top floor Café Grey provided a pleasant setting for the excellent food and service provided there. The Upper House was a truly wonderful place to stay - a home away from home!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew H
Dear Andrew

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. Lovely to hear that you felt "at home" and that you both enjoyed the physical aspect of the hotel as well as the way we deliver service.

Do contact me in the future for anything I may assist with at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I recently spent a fabulous seven nights at this beautiful hotel(our third visit). The view from our suite was fantastic, seeing the hustle and bustle of people, taxis, buses etc during the day and then transforming into a wonderland of lights in the evening. The staff are friendly and are only too happy to help. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Sandra Lesko

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay.

Bargemon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husbands 70 birthday and my brother booked us in as a surprise....
The staff were all aware of the fact.....friendly efficient and so kind. As our room was not ready (a blip I think) we were upgraded to a suite with a harbour view to die for. We watched the sun set and then saw the HK night lit up before our very eyes. Everywhere is spotless and modern and the attention to detail is second to none. The view from the bath, not the bathroom...the bath was incredible too ! Very romantic, and height HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Many thanks for having taken the time to write about your recent stay at The Upper House.
Thanks for having chosen our hotel to celebrate your husbands 70th birthday.

We are much honored to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you all enjoyed your stay with us.