Fabulous Hotel in every aspect. I knew I would love this hotel from the moment I made the reservation. The staff was so helpful during the weeks leading up to our stay; communicating, suggesting, making reservations etc. It never mattered who we spoke with, the right hand always knew what the left was doing! On arrival we were warmly greeted at the airport and taken to the hotel where we were shown to our room. The rooms are very large suites, so beautiful, clean and full of amenities. The windows and views, just stunning! Love the complimentary 'maxi-bar' and the toiletry kit, another nice touch. The room includes an ipod to use for music as well as information and communicating with room service, free wifi, very large TV, with also a screen in the mirror in the amazing bathroom! Warm milk and cookies for our first night after the long flight were another perfect touch. Marcel Thoma and his team at the Upper House are so professional and friendly. Never before, anywhere, have I experienced quite this level of attention, it's hard to describe, not pretentious in your face attention....subtle yet efficient and knowledgable of your every need. Knowledge they acquired through conversations, then suddenly a book, map, metro cards were in our hands, or waiting in our room like magic. This includes the restaurant staff as well as those in guest experience. They knew what we needed before we even did. One evening we met a staff member in the elevator on our way to go out for dinner, she called a cab for us from the lift, the car was waiting when we reached the entry, and the driver already had the address of the restaurant we had simply mentioned we were going to! Another evening a staff member actually escorted us to a nearby restaurant after we asked directions! The Upper House's Cafe Gray is delicious for breakfast, as well as dinner, and cocktails at the beautiful bar are a must, the views are so gorgeous! The departing gift left in our room, a candle, I am hoping will smell as wonderful as the hotel did every day when we arrived back at our 'house' for our week's stay in Hong Kong!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong