“GREAT”

Ranked #1 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“GREAT”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After all the marketing hype I was expecting that the new Four Seasons Hotel (3IFC) would be out of this world. What I found is a hotel that is on par with some of the other 4-5 star properties in Hong Kong but certainly no better. The standard rooms are nicely appointed, the same space as the Shangri-La although a bit noisier.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We appreciate that you call us “great” and compare us to other five star luxury hotels in town.

We do try to provide a different feel and approach to the more traditional hotel brands. I would be very much interested to learn more about your service experience at “our house”. Feel free to drop me a note on when/where to reach you best to further discuss your stay: marcelthoma@swirehotels.com

Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I am a business traveler with a very high rate of hotel nights stays (including across Asia) and the Upper House was an exceptional experience. From the airport pickup to drop off everything was organized in a highly professional fashion yet with a true personal touch. The hotel itself is highly attractive and manages to combine a highly modern "trendy" feel with actual business hotel service. Could not recommend it more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

It is great to read that you call us “exceptional”. I am delighted to know that your stay from A to Z was a pleasant one and that you recommend us to other like minded travellers.

We hope to see you soon again and do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservations either at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

It's nice to bypass a lobby for check in and it's great to have a minibar filled with snacks, soft drinks and beer that you can enjoy without being charged for it.

Breakfast has traditional fare and some healthier options. The views are stunning as are the rooms.

It just feels like you did something right when you stay here-you don't want to leave the room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jameskdean

We are much honored to read your brief but to the point review learning that “we just get it”.
We do try to offer a different alternative to the traditional luxury hotels in Hong Kong; we are glad to know that you like what we do.

Paris, France
Reviewed 26 March 2014

After having left the Grand Hyatt due to massive renovation work, I arrived the Upper House and was more than pleasantly surprised. A zen-like atmosphere with a highly professional and service-minded staff makes you feel comfortable the minute you arrive. The elegant, sober and highly qualitative interiors is a true change from recent years "boutique hotel concepts" that very rapidly tend to become gimmicky and outdated. The rooms are spacious and well-thought out and you can feel that for once an architect has really given it a thought before deciding where to put sockets, buttons and curtain control etc. which makes the stay easy and user-friendly.

Delicious food and impeccable, discrete service at the restaurant on the 49th floor with one of the best views of Hong Kong and the bar on the same floor is the perfect spot for a casual pre-dinner drink.

The Upper House is truly one of the best urban hotel experiences in the world right now. A must when you stay in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 4003 with a beautiful views of skyscrapers and the hills.
Dear Claus

We are delighted to know that after your first choice of hotels, you arrived “home”. Thank you for recommending us to likeminded travellers as well as for describing us as “one of the best city hotel experiences”.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed in some of the best hotels that the world has to offer but nothing really compares to this piece of heaven on earth. Sashi and Kristina were fabulous as the Guest Experience Managers - and the iPod technology that controlled everything from check in to room service made the whole stay wonderfully easy (and very 21st century). These really are rooms with a view - and particularly from the bathroom. Floor to ceiling windows and baths that you can sleep in. Ren accessories and spacious room plans made for a truly unforgetable stay (and I was only here on business). Cafe Grey is quite special. A popular bar with an extraordinary view and chefs that go out of their way to accommodate (I am vegetarian) their clientele by going off piste with recommendations of dishes that are not on the menu. However, none of that compares to the amazing service and attention to detail. I accounted one evening to Kristina how I was missing my 2 beautiful little girls and that they were missing me (the downsides of Facetime) - but I still had another week of business travel left. On the evening before my checkout, the management team had gift wrapped 2 beautiful wooden boxes of coloured pencils, a children's book on Hong Kong and a gorgeous UH candle to take home. They really listen, they really care and that's what makes this place second to none. I will be staying there again and I wouldn't recommend any other place on Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 5 April 2014

We are glad to read your comments about “6 star service” and I have shared your glowing review also with Kristina and Sashi.
It is the people who make a place and we are very honored to work with such amazing hospitality professionals.

Unfortunately I was not able to meet you in person but I hope to do so during your return visit.

Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I would like to thank the staff for the fantastic experience at the Upper House. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we felt much more than welcomed, every single service experience was approached with extreme professionalism by a very warm staff. It was a truly WOW effect, expectations were definitely exceeded. Well done!

Room Tip: Harbor view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

We are much honored to read of all your praises about service levels and the way our team exceeded your expectations.
Whilst it may be easier to build an amazing hotel, maintain and exceed the expectations of our guests is not- rest assured that I shared all your kind words with the individuals who looked after you during your stay.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent hotel with spectacular in-room views of Kowloon. Outstanding service and spacious rooms with complete amenities. Hotel is centrally and very conveniently located. This was our first visit to the hotel and we will certainly stay here again on our next trip to HK.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sehdeva

We are glad to know that you praise “our house” for its service levels, location and design.