“Just perfect......”

Ranked #1 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Watton at Stone, United Kingdom
“Just perfect......”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely flawless from the moment we arrived to the moment we had to leave.

The attention to detail is something else and that isn't matched by many hotels.

We had the pleasure of staying for 5 nights and we lived every minute of our stay.

If you have the chance, stay there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We are grateful that you call us “absolutely flawless”; wonderful to know that you had a lovely stay.

We hope you will visit soon again. Do let me know if I my personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I live in HK but sometimes it's nice to get away and treat yourself to a a night of pure indulgence. I chose the UH as my sanctuary staycation! From Check in it was clear I was going to be well looked after and enjoy my stay.
They seemed to have thought of everything; the finer details that make the difference.
The bed was huge and very comfortable. They have a wine fridge in the room as well as a "Maxi Bar" with several complimentary drinks.
The bath was amazing with great views of the harbour and a TV if you ever get bored of looking at the Kowloon Skyline.
The breakfast was perfect and delicious. I didn't go up to the restaurant but I hear it's excellent.
Marcel and his team did a great job and I would certainly stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: The Harbour view room was stunning
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jo,

We are delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to provide you with a "sanctuary staycation" experience. Thank you for your comments on our in room amenities and breakfast too.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

But that's not all… We stayed twice, each for 2 nights, in the past month. The overall design is exceptional and the Upper Suites are extremely spacious and well furnished, but the bathrooms to die for!

On our second visit, we were impressed that care had been taken to heed our comments from our first visit, with additional light being brought for the dressing area.

Only slight moans: You need 20/20 vision to read the 8pt instructions for lighting and TV. And the gym could be better equipped.

The service is unobtrusive and excellent and we had no wish to leave the hotel on either occasion.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Piers A
Dear Piers,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stays at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

Wonderful to hear that we had the pleasure to welcome you come back within the month and glad that we were able to personalize your stay in line with your room preferences. We have duly noted your comments regarding various hardware in the room and also our gym equipment; thank you for your constructive feedback.

Helsinki
Reviewed 20 April 2014

There is no such thing as the perfect hotel but the UH makes it pretty close. The detailed and friendly presentation of the room and it's features, the exquisite room and view, the excellent media system and perfectly working internet service. Great cosmetica provided, ecological .

A few things I would improve:
- power outlets closer to the bed. I like to be able to reach my phone while charging it.
- there was no hard liquor in the minibar.
- at the breakfast we were served tap water which smells and tastes of chlorine.
- bottled water was only available in one brand which is quite limited for this level of a hotel.

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We appreciate your positive comments in the first part of your review and very happy to hear that it was an almost "perfect" stay. Thank you for furthermore providing contructive comments in the latter half for improvement points in our hardware which we have duely noted.

Thank you once again foy your important feedback and we very much hope to have you with us again in the near future. Please do let me know if I may personally assist with any future bookings in the meantime.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I had an extremely comfortable 6 night stay in a harbour-facing room. The bed was very comfortable and large, the bathroom facilities superb and the room cleaning and linen changing excellent. Not cheap and you could undoubtedly get 80% of the experience for 50% of the cost elsewhere. But sometimes the extra is a good investment!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

Delighted to hear that you were comfortable with us and liked our in room furnishings. We are glad that you did indeed pleasure in the "extra investment" during this stay.

Please do let me know if I my personally assist with any future bookings at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels. We hope to see you both in the very near future again.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

It's starts with a worm welcome by the crew at the entrance ( they taking care of everything).
I was escorted by one of them to me room (I think it was the 46t floor),
I have to say now that this hotel is very fashionable and beautiful, everything is clean and neat.

When he opened the room door I was amazed... It was like a big apartment with big living room, big bedroom and a very large bath... In every part on the apartment there is an awesome view on the city.

There are several restaurants, 2 at the 42t floor that r soooooo great!! And 1 at the top floor that is nice.

I really recommend you to book a room there if u really want to enjoy..

I want to thank to the upper house crew to make my stay in Hong Kong feels like a dream!!!

Definitely will book a room next time I'll visit Hong Kong...

Niv.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Niv,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your super feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We are glad to know that you felt at Home with us and that our "Upper House Crew" were able to make you feel comfortable. Thank you for your kind words and for calling you stay "a dream".

We hope to see you again very soon. Do let me know if I my personally assist with any future bookings at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a room through Amex and was given an upgrade to an Upper Suite. The room was potentially the best available in HK (compared to some of the other 5 star options on the island side). The tech set up as well as the large bathroom and super comfy bed were standouts. Overall design was very minimalist and chic but still very comfortable. Service was impeccable as well. Will definitely return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ling,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Our Upper Suite and for your appreciation of the upgrade. Thank you for your kind words in descirbing our services as "impeccable".

We are delighted that you will be returning to us. Do let me know if I my personally assist with your future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.