I am a luxury hotel reviewer and travel writer for the Huffington Post, the Vancouver Sun and the 24 Hours Newspaper. I travel over 200 days out of the year and spend most of my days living in hotels and airports. Every once in a while, there is a hotel that will totally blow my mind, and The Upper House, is one of those hotels.
The Upper House offers a very unique, bespoke customer experience that starts before you even check in to the hotel. A dedicated Guest Experience team does thorough research to determine your likes and preferences, and helps you with everything from transfers, reservations, recommends to the best spots tailored to your tastes. They take care of you. And throughout your stay, you feel looked after, and can relax because they are always looking out for ways to make your stay unforgettable.
As an example, when they learned that I was heading to Phuket after my stay, I return to my room to find a Luxe Guide on Phuket, along with a hand written note. Upon my departure, the Guest Experience team members that I got to know well during my stay saw me off, and waved goodbye as I sat in the company Lexus hybrid. Then to my surprise, the driver hands me a package, with fresh, designer macarons with a hand-written farewell note.
The restaurant is fantastic. If you don't get a chance to stay at this hotel, then at least, come for the restaurant, called Cafe Grey. Delicious food using high-quality ingredients, with a welcoming atmosphere and breathtaking views of the city.
The rooms all have a deep soaking tub with high quality Moroccan bath oil and sea salts - you face floor to ceiling views of the city, and I must say, this makes my top 10 list for the best bathtub experience I've ever had.
The service here is personalized and luxurious. Everything about this hotel is high-end, but it's not pretentious or stuck up in any way. I love the boutique feel because I much prefer customized service where you feel like you're part of a family, versus just a number in a 300 room hotel.
I felt like a queen in this hotel. I highly recommend you experience it for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong