US$682
US$561
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
US$178
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$338
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$157
US$118
US$196
US$142
Trip.com
US$128
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$230
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
2,556 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaren productsandre futop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldespresso machineroom checkfour seasonshong kong parkfavorite hotelother hotels
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I love Upper House. The rooms are beautiful, the location is great, and the staff are amazing - one of the great mysteries of the world is how they all remember my name. I wish most of the paces I stay in were half as good as Upper House.

Room Tip: I'm too scared to let this secret out, but here goes - the Island view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank guyo68
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

We appreciate all your positive comments and your loyalty –with all the amazing choices of five star hotels in town something we are really grateful for.

May I let you know the secret in regards to name recognition of our guests during your next visit?

Stay in touch and drop me an email at marcelthoma@swirehotels.com when you return?

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My Husband and I decided to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary at the Upper House in Hong Kong. Making the reservation on-line I mentioned the reason for our stay in the comments section. I must say the staff we encountered did an amazing job of not only acknowledging the occasion, but made a point of helping us to celebrate by offering special touches and making sure every detail was in order.
Although I was already familiar with the Upper House from attending both business and social functions there and had frequently dined at their Cafe Gray (one of our favorite restaurants in Hong Kong) our anniversary get-away was the first time we stayed the night at the Upper House.
The hotel is absolutely stunning both in design and service and the hotel team went beyond our expectations in their actions. What I felt most from the staff was that the enthusiasm and willingness to accommodate was genuine.
We are delighted that we choose Upper House for this very special occasion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda

We thank you again for having chosen our hotel for you short get away and celebrate your very special occasion. Congratulations to your 32-wedding anniversary. I am so pleased to know that you had a good time.

Rest assured I have passed all your amazing comments to the team and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations even after you have visited our venues before already

Do stay in touch and let me know when you pass by next time

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The rooms are exactly as people describe them, very close to being amazing, I would personally recommend the hills side, for a more quite, picturesque view. You get the whole harbor experience at the restaurant anyway. I only have a few suggestions to make the upper experience really impeccable as advertised.
-Starting with the simple fact that there is no make up mirror, to draw an eye line you either have to do acrobatics in the well lit bathroom mirror or more or less blind make up in the toilet table.
-The free stuff, yes, very sweet. But to be honest for that price and a hotel of that magnitude that is quite literally peanuts. I would much rather there were a few good English speaking film channels, or even a reasonable on demand service and if you wanna step up your game, yeah why not offer video games. Right now there is no viable film option for English speakers, a big shame.
-The wifi is , as expected, for free and everywhere. But it constantly disconnects, and takes at least 15 seconds and some fiddling to reconnect, that is what I can accept at a train station public wifi, but not at "home"
- also "at home" I have the possibility to plug in my iPhone next to my bed, as I like most people use it as an alarm. At the upper house I needed to unplug the phone to do so.

The Greys caffee has a grade of its own and it is not so good as the rest.
- 3 days in a row I asked for a filter coffee, I got an Americano, when on the third day I insisted and got the manager, I finally got a filter coffee, it is a very common request in the western world and makes you feel like a real #ick when you have to insist.
- The omelette I had two times was both times runny ( not done in the middle) and tasted really bla- this is also not acceptable for a hotel that size.
- everything else in the restaurant was not exceptional, but of course good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DespinaPS
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Many thanks for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community.

I would love to have the chance to discuss your comments in regards to make up mirror, the “free stuff”, the movies, the wifi service and last but not least Café Gray Deluxe with you in details again.

Let me know via marcelthoma@swirehotels.com when it would be convenient to contact you.

I do very much look forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Belated review, for a 7 day stay in March 2014.

Service: Honestly, impeccable. My sincere congratulations to Marcel Thoma, the hotel's manager, and his team. Always professional, always helpful, with recommendations, suggestions, solutions, always with a smile and a kind word. For example: on the evening of my girlfriend's birthday we wanted to go to a very nice restaurant. They not only suggested and booked (which was not easy to do), but also gave us a free ride there in the hotel limo. And when we got back to the room, there was a cake and candles there. I think this is definitely a podium service experience for me, and I have stayed in many many 5 stars in my life.

Value: It's not cheap, but its comparable with the other 5 star hotels in the city. And there are nice built in perks, like the free snacks in the room, the free non-alcoholic beverages in the fridge and free beer, and free wifi. For me, it was excellent value.

Sleep Quality: Great, king size+ bed, and very quite room. Excellent.

Cleanliness: Spotless, common grounds and room.

Locations: A big plus. Located just above the Admiralty Metro Station, with easy access to the tram and bus lines, and walking distance from Central. We walked just about everywhere we wanted to, and the rest was a cheap taxi ride, or a Metro ride away. A huge plus.

Rooms: We had a Harbor view room on a high floor, and it was amazing. The room is very big, very well appointed, with a separate dressing / closet area, a freestanding bathtub with amazing harbor views and a tv, and a huge walk in shower, with great views. Every conceivable amenity can be found in the room, and if it can't, they'll get it for you. Very stylish decor, very well kept. Lots of free channels on TV. An excellent room, from all angles.

Overall, one of the best Hotels I've ever stayed in. The main asset are the people running it, and I can't wait to go back one day, soon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra cost and get a Harbor View room. The views are breathtaking!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlvertosRevach

Dear Albert

Many thanks for having taken the time to share you feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community.

We appreciate all your kind words and rest assured, I have celebrated your review with the entire team.
Your review is certainly most helpful to other future travelers who may be less familiar with the many amazing hotels and places Hong Kong has to offer.

We are indeed to work with such a dedicated team; most of whom have been with us since our opening in late 2009.

Do stay in touch and we hope to able to welcome you soon again – either to “our house” or our sister properties in Beijing and soon also in Chengdu.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at this great hotel. Great location, views, staff (exceptionally helpful - real service) restaurant - everything!

The Kowloon view from the room was amazing; bathroom was beautiful.

1 tip - book the restaurant for dinner in advance. Really worth it but gets booked up.

Room Tip: Kowloon view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for calling us “exceptional”; we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay.

Do stay in touch and we hope to able to welcome you soon again – either to “our house” or our sister properties in Beijing and soon also in Chengdu and Miami.