“Outstanding”

Ranked #1 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What's there to say that hasn't already been said? It's worth coming to Hong Kong just to stay here. Perfect location and elegant, peaceful rooms. The only issue I had was that my "Harbour View" room was mostly a city/mountain view with only a partial/obscured view of the Harbour...everything else here more than makes up for that disappointment. Had I stayed longer than two nights I probably would have brought it up at check-in. Look forward to coming back as soon as possible!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Brandon

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

We are delighted to know you had a good stay. The views from all our rooms are indeed stunning since the hotel’s rooms are situated on floor 38 to 48 of the building. The so called harbor view room is indeed one of our best studio 80’s since it provides views over Wanchai, the Star street district, the greeneries on Hong Kong island and indeed a partial view of Victoria Harbor.

I would be delighted to show you some other room options next time you visit.

Do email me on marcelthoma@swirehotels.com and I will personally look after your room assignment.

Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In the center of Hong Kong with luxurious and refined accommodations and great views. This is a hotel that ranks among the best I've ever stayed in. The staff is at your service and the amenities and dining options are excellent.

Room Tip: A room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Cooper

We appreciate very much that you praise the team, the service and the physical aspect of “our house”.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Sydney
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

From the initial greeting upon arrival from Peter Stanton and the tour of our room through to him farewelling us the next day, the service was impeccable.

We stayed in a Studio 80 room that has amazing views over the harbour and Kowloon along with views behind over the greenery of Aberdeen country park.
The bathroom was amazing with walk-in in rain shower and separate bath for two that's the centre piece that look over the same harbour view through floor to ceiling glass.
There is even a separate make-up room and closet that made my girlfriend very happy.

The gadgets in the room were also spot on: iphone for music and room service ordering, awesome sound system, wine fridge and coffee machine.

This hotel really has set a new benchmark.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Studio 80 that overlooks the harbour and Kowloon. The bath in the raised bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate all your kind comments in regards to our product and for calling us “the best hotel in the world”.

Rest assured, I have also shared your feedback with Paul who has been with us for some time and who does an extraordinary job with all our guests.

BKK
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A truly outstanding experience, used to stay in MO or 4 Seasons but your hotel really enchanted me.
Great staff, very quick response to my requests, beautiful - spacious - rooms and fine location.
Only a few minor details, small choice for the in room dining and bad location to catch a taxi ( since all others have priority in Pacific place before getting to UP hotel ) .

1 Thank Yves T
Dear Yves

We are grateful that you have chosen our hotel for your recent stay and for subsequently comparing us with the “big boys” such as the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental.

Allow me to mention that we deliberately choose to publish a limited room service menu since most of our guests do visit Café Gray Deluxe on the 49th floor. We do however provide additional menu items on request and I do apologize should you not have seen the additional note on the ipod touch in the room offering such service.

The car/taxi situation is indeed a Hong Kong wide challenge. We do own 4 hotel limos that do assist in providing our guests with short drop off services in case taxis are not available. Disappointing to hear that they were not on standby during the time you needed them. May I offer you to personally organize one of those complimentary cars for your next return visit?

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had the pleasure staying at The Upper House for 3 nights and it was superb. The accommodation was pleasant and comfortable with every imaginable upgrade. From the Lights and shades automation to the beautiful picture window facing the famous Victoria Harbor.
The service was impeccable, especially the housekeeping. I traveled with no shaving cream and our room attendant was attentive enough to notice that and place a brand new tube for me during the service. This is true luxury, I didn’t have to ask.
Definitely number one Hotel in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Harbor View is spectacular
Dear Andrea

Many thanks for all your wonderful comments; rest assured I have shared them with the team. I am particularly delighted to hear of your positive comments about our housekeeping team, many of whom have been with us since our opening in fall 2009.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I love Upper House. The rooms are beautiful, the location is great, and the staff are amazing - one of the great mysteries of the world is how they all remember my name. I wish most of the paces I stay in were half as good as Upper House.

Room Tip: I'm too scared to let this secret out, but here goes - the Island view rooms are the best!
1 Thank guyo68

We appreciate all your positive comments and your loyalty –with all the amazing choices of five star hotels in town something we are really grateful for.

May I let you know the secret in regards to name recognition of our guests during your next visit?

Stay in touch and drop me an email at marcelthoma@swirehotels.com when you return?

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My Husband and I decided to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary at the Upper House in Hong Kong. Making the reservation on-line I mentioned the reason for our stay in the comments section. I must say the staff we encountered did an amazing job of not only acknowledging the occasion, but made a point of helping us to celebrate by offering special touches and making sure every detail was in order.
Although I was already familiar with the Upper House from attending both business and social functions there and had frequently dined at their Cafe Gray (one of our favorite restaurants in Hong Kong) our anniversary get-away was the first time we stayed the night at the Upper House.
The hotel is absolutely stunning both in design and service and the hotel team went beyond our expectations in their actions. What I felt most from the staff was that the enthusiasm and willingness to accommodate was genuine.
We are delighted that we choose Upper House for this very special occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda

We thank you again for having chosen our hotel for you short get away and celebrate your very special occasion. Congratulations to your 32-wedding anniversary. I am so pleased to know that you had a good time.

Rest assured I have passed all your amazing comments to the team and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations even after you have visited our venues before already

Do stay in touch and let me know when you pass by next time