“Excellent hotel!!!”

Ranked #1 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We’ve stayed at The Upper House on my birthday and have gotten an amazing experience. Service was absolutely impeccable, room was huge with fabulous view of the city. I would like to thanks all staff for the best service we’ve ever had, especially Paul. He was friendly, helpful and have made a difference for our stay from very first day.
I would definitely recommend this hotel very highly

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Maryna

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

It is great to hear that you have chosen “our house” to celebrate your special occasion. Paul is indeed a star and very passionate about what he does. Rest assured I have shared your lovely comments with him.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let Paul or I know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at! Everything is very modern and clean and the bar at the top is amazing. The rooms itself are huge and well designed. Even the bathroom, is worth going on about that is how nice the rooms are! If you are willing to fork out extra to stay here I would 100% look no further. The beautiful hotel added to my overall experience of Hong Kong. Location is great close to metro and shopping, bars, and getting around HK is very easy. Staff were very helpful and lovely. And the all you can eat mini bar was an added bonus. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels and this would be one of the best in the world! Highly highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shay277

We are thankful for your positive feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a good stay at “our house”.
Your highlight of Café Gray Deluxe and the bar with amazing Hong Kong harbor view is indeed very special.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was here on a 1 day business trip just yesterday. I chose this hotel as I read very good reviews about The Upper House and decided to try it for the first time. I landed in HKG at 530am and I got to the hotel by 730am. They had a room available for us which was very kind of them and promptly showed us to the room. We are in room 3805 (38th floor) in a studio 70 room. The room is huge! The bathroom is just as big as the bedroom and both had the same view of the city, and the view is gorgeous. The rooms are very good. It was very well appointed, it had everything you wanted, from basic shaving kit and combs to hair dryers, safe, a work table, with multiple adapters for your gadgets. It has a ipod touch for you to refer your daily bill of the hotel, to find out information of the property and also to order room service. The room came with some freebies; free M&Ms, free chocolate bars, free bottles of water in the chiller, 4 free bottles of beers (heineken), coffee and tea. There are wines in the chiller as well and they had a white tag hung around the neck of the bottles; those you have to pay and the prices are printed in the tags.

The hotel doesnt have a swimming pool if you are planning to bring your bathing suit along, though the bar on the 49th floor (Cafe Deluxe Grey) is great, we had drinks there and it was fantastic to be able to see HKG at night, very very nice experience. The place is very packed in the evenings hence its wise to make a reservation. Price isnt too steep compared to Singapore, and as usual, the place is very busy, at times orders might be a little slow, but its to be expected for a chic place like that.

Breakfast is on the 49th floor at Cafe Grey Deluxe, the view is stunning. Choices for breakfast are excellent, and they taste good, at times they could be very busy and orders might take a little longer than usual, but its expected as it is a popular place to dine there.

Location of the place is great. From the Airport express, we took the free shuttle bus to JW Marriott hotel and the upper house is right next to it. It was about a 10min bus ride from the airport express station. If you want to take the MTR, its 5 mins walk to the admiralty station, location wise, its unbeatable and very convenient. From the airport, it took us only 50 mins in total to reach our hotel and vice versa.

This property location is great, rooms are stunning, the hotel is pretty and smells great.

Room Tip: Rooms either faced the mountains or the harbour. Both are nice in their own way, its a tie!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank volvoc70m
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

We are delighted to know that you had a good stay. Rest assured all positive comments have been shared with the team.

Your comments regarding delayed service times in Café Gray Deluxe have been noted. Please feel free to write me an email at marcelthoma@swirehotels.com in case you would like to share more feedback directly with me so we may further improve our services.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would like to thank the whole team in the House, including Miko Cheng and Jacqueline. Together they have made a difference. There are many pleasant surprises throughout the stay.

To me, The Upper House is the best hotel I have experienced in Hong Kong. It’s definitely one of the best hotels in the world, and I have been to hundreds of hotels across many parts of the world, from US west coast to Australia down under.

The Upper House’s greatness and charm is due in no small part to the staff and top notch customer service. It amazes me how every little detail is taken care of, very exquisite. The room is excellent (unique maxi bar experience) and the hotel environment is nice (well maintained and clean). I tried to find fault but can’t. I’m very pleased so I’ll be sharing this great hotel to my family, friends and colleagues. Please keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jerry

We are thankful for your positive feedback and for calling us “the best hotel in Hong Kong”. Miko and Jacqueline are indeed doing a fabulous job and their passion for the hospitality business is indeed infectious.

We thank you for recommending “our house” to your friends and family and look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Beijing
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wow. These guys are smooth, smart and sophisticated. The hotel is swish, sexy and superior. Let me elaborate and try and use some complimentary words that don't begin with the letter "S". We were meet and greeted by Kristina, an utterly faultless individual with a beautiful smile and a charming manner who just oozed genuine friendliness from every pore. Check in was simple and I even learnt something about the best kind of coconut water to drink, which is of course stocked in abundance in the free minibar.

Yeah, free minibar. You read that right. Free. Minibar. Apart from the champers.

Me and my colleague were upgraded to suites, and I can honestly say that for the first time in living memory I got lost in my own hotel room. The rooms are vast and multiple, the views are stunning, the bath salts and oils make you feel like princely, the peanuts are roasted and/or salted, the bed linen is crisp, the pillows are perfect ... It's just all so fantastic and luxurious!

And that's without even mentioning the complimentary open topped sports car ride to a local restaurant, the free watermelon juice and the vast quantity of REN products that I stuffed my bag with upon departure.

If I could make one very minor suggestion it would be for some form of wet wipes in the bathroom area. This may seem indiscreet but international travel can leave even the most robust amongst us a little "saddle sore" and the addition of wet wipes would be a small touch that I think would speak volumes about your commitment to true excellence.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank PassengersProceed

We are delighted to know that you call us “smooth operators” and Kristina and her team play a huge part in ensuring that our guest are received in a genuine manner. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with her and the team which is always very motivating news to share!

Would you please send me an email at marcelthoma@swirehotels.com and I am happy to update your profile in regards to the preferences for wet wipes. We actually do provide them to our regular guests on request only.

Thanks again for your very personal feedback. We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Recently spent 10 days in Hong Kong visiting my brother who has relocated to this exciting city. There are plenty of rave reviews for this magnificient hotel and this is yet another one! It is all in the details and that is where the staff of UH excel.
Check-in was swiftly taken care of in the room. A moment later a handwritten greeting card and a personalized gift was presented to me. This thoughtful detail set the tone for the entire stay.
A few other examples of details that elevated this stay far above what you would normally experience in other five-star hotels:
Housekeeping was absolutely immaculate! There seemed to be a touch-up everytime I left my room, however briefly that might have been. Impressive even for a neatfreak like myself!
One busy Saturday night my brother (who I had parted with well outside of the hotel) had trouble finding a taxi and was promptly taken home in one of the hotel cars - no questions asked!
Another night I returned to my room and found a spontaneous presentation of warm milk and cookies. Again with a handwritten card saying that the staff hoped I was enjoying my stay.
One morning I was invited to breakfast with the hotels sales manager. Great food and a really interesting talk about what to see and do in HK!
Last, but definitely not least, a special mention of the staff at Cafe Gray Deluxe. They truly make you feel like an important guest from the very first day; remembering your name, food and drink preferences and why you are in town.

As many before me have longingly written: I can't wait to go back to the Upper House Hongkong!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mikael_1977

We appreciate all your positive mentions of the various highlights during your stay. We do try indeed to deliver a bit of a more relaxed, more personalized atmosphere for our guests and I am delighted to hear that we achieved it during your stay.

We thank you for recommending “our house” online and look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

NYC
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This small luxury boutique hotel atop the JW Marriott gets it...the wonderful service, friendly and attentive staff, luxury accommodations (killer beds), killer views, amazing bathrooms, great food and exciting bar (still can have a conversation), great upper lobby with fireplace. Well done!
only thing I would suggest...a system to play your iphone music (docking station).
One of the best in Hong Kong...my new favorite place to stay...
Thank you UH!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Your description of “killer views” and “ upper class” service is very much appreciated.