The Upper House
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Shangri-La.com
US$195
US$183
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$118
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$196
US$142
Trip.com
US$182
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$225
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

2,554 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaren productsandre futop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldespresso machineroom checkfour seasonshong kong parkfavorite hotelother hotels
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My stays at Upper House were fantastic. I am a frequent flyer and have travelled in many parts of the world over the years. Hong Kong is my birth place, so I go there at least half a dozen of times each year. My experiences in HK 5 star hotels have been pleasant and complaint free.
My first stay in Upper House was April 2014. My children were also there with their family. Prior to this, I had not heard of Upper House. I was absolutely stunned by the services they had provided during our stay. Let me list a few here: My son hadn’t brought any toys for his baby, they found the small crib covered with new toys when returning to their room on the first day. The next day, they delivered some congee for the baby without asking. My daughter had her 11th anniversary celebration. They returned to their room one evening to find rose petals all over the bed. As for me, I was given a late checkout at 6 pm.
I never had the experience of a hotel providing a variety of free snacks & drinks (heaps of them with refill everyday). They also went out of their way to satisfy your need. They bought my son Asahi Black instead of the standard supply of Heineken on request. They bought soy drink for me… This list goes on. In short, just tell them what you want; they will try to satisfy you. They also keep a good record of your preference. Even the housekeeping staff remembered that I had asked for a portable table mirror during my previous visit.
They are such a great team, friendly, warm and welcoming. They greet you with your name each time when they see you.
Therefore, I have gone back once and again and had 4 short stays within the last 10 weeks. Believe me, each time; you can expect some pleasant surprises. I strongly recommend Upper House. Try once at least, and then you will understand how I feel about it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stays at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family and thank you for your continued patronage of Our House.

We look forward to welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future booking at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Upper House exceeded our expectations. The staff was very helpful to us. Since this was our first time in Hong Kong we were not sure of what to see and do in the two short days we had to enjoy the city. K. at the Front Desk gave us excellent suggestions and helped us every step of the way. When we return to Hong Kong we will stay at the Upper House. We just can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel are beyond "good".
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CRANDERSON2014
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Rest assured I have shared your review with the team and acknowledged K especially for his special attention to your needs.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel just gets everything right. Great location, modern and sophisticated rooms, awesome bathroom with amazing bathtub view of Kowloon. The minibar/wine fridge was extremely well stacked. Loved the all you can eat cookie stash. The gym is modern with nice views inland, the bar is definitely one of my favourite places for cocktails in Asia - such a breathtaking view - and the food in the restaurant is top notch. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SKSCOT

We appreciate that you describe “our house” as “fabulous”.

We hope to welcome you back soonest again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Spent a night at the UH. Was impressed by their service prior and during my stay. Not to mention the view and spaciousness of the room. I got free upgrade to Studio 80 once I checked in. This was the first surprised UH gave me.

They emailed me before my stay to see if I was celebrating any special event. They sent us a birthday cake while me and my friend were away for dinner. It was another surprise and very sweet gesture that we saw the cake after we returned to our room. Although they sent us a cake with wrong message (belated happy anniversary), I told them about the wrong message and they exchanged and sent us complimentary champagnes.

I feel really comfortable to stay with UP, it is like my second home instead of those business liked hotels. It is totally worth the money and gives you an enjoyable and memorable stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gelan

We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed your expectations in anticipation of your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the mix up with the detailed birthday message. I trust though that your celebrations nevertheless were full of fun and joyful moments.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a harbour view room and all I can say Is wow, I viewed a number of hotel rooms of similar price and they were all about 35sq meters but this one is 70. From the maxi bar where everything is included apart from the wine to the iPod which allows you to manage everything from your bed to the huge bathtub with amazing views this is an incredible hotel, we ate dinner here with the family and loved it so much we booked again before paying the bill, the staff are the most helpful I have ever come across in any hotel in Hong Kong. You will not be disappointed here.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PaddyOByrne

We appreciate the fact that you praise our team members so highly for their helpfulness. Indeed, we do agree with your comments that our room product is excellent price/value with the smallest rooms starting at 70sqm.