“An amazing experience”

Ranked #1 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Los Angeles, California
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The upper house was my favorite hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was great, the manager (Edward) went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, and the hotel rooms were beautiful. The wifi was good, there was a free mini bar, and the cafe on the top floor was excellent. The staff were amazing as well. There is no pool at the hotel, but you can go to hotel next to it to swim, so that was not such a bad thing. My favorite thing about the hotel was that it was very modern, and I loved the design. Great place to stay at!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

We are delighted to know that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and honored to hear that you enjoyed not only our modern hardware but also our “amazing staff”. Rest assured I have shared your comments with the team and with our Guest Experience Manager Edward in particular. He is a role model of our service standards, certainly going above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back “home” again and do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff was warm, friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful... exceptional customer service Spacious and comfortable room... Best, Convenient location... It's truly a great home away from home......

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious, lots of natural lighting.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

The Guest Experience team is indeed doing their best to ensure a warm and friendly environment and rest assured I have shared your positive comments with the whole team. We are honored to hear that we could create “the best home away from home in Hong Kong”.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

great accommodation on pacific place with contemporary spacious suites with great views across HK , reliable wi fi , space to work and flop. super comfy huge beds, free mini bar ...all the things that should be a basic standard in a modern hotel that so often aren't

..great slick staff who cant do enough for you. the bar on the top floor is one of the best places to watch the night light up in HK with good cocktails and food.

Room Tip: get a view overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to learn that you not only appreciated the physical aspects of “our house” but also our service culture. I am proud to hear that you consider our team members as “slick” – indeed they try to be very proactive and certainly do their best to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have travelled a lot of places and this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in the world. The concierge were helpful (especially that lovely Christina), the wait staff were receptive and the views were breathtaking (despite having the Island facing room).

My only small criticism is that there was no pool. You think, for the money you're paying, that there would such a thing on site. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I come back to Hong kong again, no exceptions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jayce87

I will certainly share all your comments with our team – highlighting your satisfaction with our concierge team. And yes, we certainly are lucky to have our Director of Guest Experience Kristina in our team. Please let us know if you would like to try our sister hotel’s pool at Hotel EAST in Taikoo Shing on your next visit – we would be happy to assist on this matter.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again on your next trip to Hong Kong. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Upper House for 2 nights on the last leg of our 6 week European holiday and it was a true haven. Yes it's a beautiful hotel with fantastic rooms and spectacular views but it's the amazing staff that really set it apart. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed and made to feel at home and then we met Steffi who truly made our stay a memorable experience. Steffi you are a shining star and we are so thankful for the wonderful way you looked after us. We haven't stopped talking about it since we got home. The experience was such that I felt compelled to leave my first ever tripadvisor review.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peta O
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Peta, Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

We are delighted that you were "made to feel at home". Please rest assured we have shared your positive comments about the way Steffi welcomed you with the rest of the team. We are indeed very lucky to have Steffi amongst our team members and she will surely go far in the near future.

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just got back from a trip to China and Hong Kong - while in HK, stayed 5 nights at The Upper House. Marcel Thoma and his team provided exceptional service. We were very pleased with our choice in The Upper House - we were originally booked at The Ritz and were considering several of the top hotels - end of day, we switched to the Upper House and were amply rewarded and really enjoyed our stay.

The rooms are very large, comfortably furnished and the bathrooms were incredible. We stayed in one of the Upper Suites (Harbor View) - our boys ended up in an Island/Mountain View. A couple of evenings we went to dinner without the kids and they ordered room service - which I nibbled on the fries and cheeseburgers and they were fantastic. Breakfast at Cafe Gray each morning was very good - we explored the menu. A couple evenings my wife and I finished up at the bar at Cafe Gray - very nice atmosphere, great food etc. We did one of our dinners at Cafe Gray - which was also wonderful!

The unique design of the hotel creates a lot of corners - so the living room, bedroom, and bathtub, shower area all have their own corner - so makes the views not only breath taking, but within your suite, you can walk through the rooms and get a wide panoramic view that other hotels just can't offer.

Various staff members kept up with us throughout the week - from Paul checking us in to Edward, Kristina, a couple of the guys at the front desk, and even Marcel Thoma (the General Manager). Before the trip, the reservation group including Shirley Cheung, did a fantastic job of keeping up with us and making sure we were prepared for our stay at their house. They even emailed us while we were in route from China that they knew our flight was delayed an hour and that they were expecting us... who does that?!!!?

I've stayed at many nice hotels - this is the first place I walked out knowing as many names of staff. It did not feel pretentious - but very comfortable and elegant. Each night there was a note from one of the staff or even a special treat in our room. What a special touch!

The location at Pacific Place in Admiralty is fantastic. We will stay there again and again - no question about it!

Marcel - thank you so much for running the hotel with excellence in mind!

1 Thank ggibsondal
Thank you Gary for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com with like-minded travellers.

We are honored to receive your “absolutely perfect” review. Rest assured we have shared your positive comments about personalized service and delighted that you came away getting to know our team too.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you and your family back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

it a very special hotel, make my family as at home. good view, excellent service.
the only unsatisfied is the hotel have one restaurant only which is euro style. it is not suitable for my son. any way it's a amazing hotel to be worth stay.

Room Tip: harbor view will be worth.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted that you and your family felt at home with us. We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again and hope that your son can try some of our Asian inspired dishes next time.