2,712 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaandre fuopposite housetop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldespresso machinefour seasonsroom checkhong kong parkmini barluxury hotel
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I'm a very regular visitor to hong kong and always look forward to the staying here. a class above most properties not just in hkg but around the world. definitely worth spoiling yourself and making full use of the amenities including café gray, relaxing in the quitter spaces on level 49 and having a quiet beer in the garden

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken P
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Many thanks for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your most recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community.

We are delighted to read your kind words about your experience at "Our House," in particular Cafe Gray, our Sky Lounge and the Lawn.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with any reservation here at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

This review is actually long overdue as the first time I stayed at the Upper House was two years ago and I had an amazing and memorable experience. Being from Asia and have stayed in some of the top bigger brand hotels in the world, I have a rather high standard when it comes to a five-star hotel. The Upper House remains one of my favorites and in my opinion the best in Hong Kong (FYI I’ve also stayed at the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental there). At the Upper House, you don’t walk into the hustle and bustle of a large hotel where sometimes after a long day of going around in the city you would like to have some peace and serenity. The Upper House offers just that. The level of service cannot be surpassed and they have a customer experience staff that ensures no detail is overlooked. The rooms are the most spacious and comfortable especially by HK standard and the only bad thing about it is you might not want to leave and go out and enjoy the city. It is so well thought out and the enormous bathroom with the beautiful view topped it all. The harbor view room is definitely highly recommended. I loved starting my day at Cafe Gray with the view of the HK harbor right in front of me and a breakfast menu that offers a vast array of choices. Chef Gray Kunz does not disappoint and as well the reason why I always do at least a lunch or dinner there. All in all, the Upper House remains my hotel of choice when I go back and visit Hong Kong. Thank you Marcel and Sabrina and the entire team for the fine job you’re doing. I look forward to staying at your other properties especially the new one the Middle House in Shanghai when I go.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Beeps688

Many thanks for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your most recent stay at The Upper House with the tripadvisor.com community,

It was a delight to read your kind words about your recent stay at "Our House." We are thrilled that we met your high expectations and that we remain your favourite hotel in Hong Kong with our spacious rooms, enormous bathrooms as well as starting your day at Cafe Gray Deluxe.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with any reservations here at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The rooms in the Upper House are huge and completed with fantastic views. The bed is also amazingly comfortable.

However, the best is the Cafe Gray on the hotel top floor. We didn't sit at the restaurant part but spent two nights in a roll by the bar. The bar staff are very friendly and my friend and I felt truly welcomed and comfortable just sitting at the bar. I had a lot of fun and perhaps also a few drinks too much..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

We are thrilled to read your kind words about "Our House," in particular the views, our huge rooms as well as Cafe Gray's bar team and the drinks.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I had stayed in all the 5 stars hotels on the Island side and this is definitely the best overall. Room is very spacious even by American standards, with a huge bathroom and a very nice soaking tub, there is even a changing area in the bathroom.
Although upper house is located directly above the admiralty station and the huge Pacific place mall, you kind of feel like you are in a different world, as the hotel is situated at the end of a cul de sac and it feels very quiet.
Room service menu is not huge but everything we tried was excellent.
Service is excellent as expected, housekeeping even altered my pants!
It is not a large hotel, so there is only one restaurant, Cafe Gray. But Cafe Gray is definitely one of the top, fine dining restaurants in Hong Kong. It has killer panoramic views of the island and harbour. And for a continental restaurant with a seafood and meat heavy menu, we were pleasantly surprised to find a gluten free vegetarian course. The quality of the vegetarian course was on par with other dishes. Well thought out and innovative. They actually completely update the menu frequently (we don’t know how often but we revisited the restaurant a week later and found a new vegetarian menu!)

Being a boutique hotel, it does lack public space. The hotel used to have a library and an outside garden which would have been perfect for guests to unwind. However they seem to be closing both spaces for private functions most of the time now.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

It was a delight to read your about your experience at "Our House," in particular our spacious rooms, huge bathroom and Cafe Gray Deluxe . Your kind words about the service you received have been passed onto the team with thanks.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Despite the beautiful surroundings which is Upper House is this can not make up for rude staff and poor treatment. The service we received was to the point of the staff being argumentative and dismissive.

Stayed: December 2017
3  Thank Nadina S
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you very much sharing your feedback on the service you have recently experienced at 'Our House'. I would like to wholly apologise and am very concerned, while, at the same time, I would like to reassure you that this is not our usual service standard.

I am very anxious to restore your positive opinion of 'Our House' and as well as this, if, when you have time available, you would find it useful to speak with myself, please do let me know so we can arrange a time that suits you. You can reach me at MarcelThoma@swirehotels.com.

I hope to hear from you soon and remain available at any time.