The nearest MTR stop to here is Times Square, NOT Wanchai. We were amazed at how narrow the tall building was, yet they architects were able to maximize the space. Don't be surprised if the main entrance is just a desk and elevators, since check-in is at the 3/F.
Travelled here with a male friend (note: NOT partner, just a buddy), and we specified a superior twin-sharing room with 2 single beds. We were upgraded to the Executive Suite at the 28F and was pleasantly surprised, till we saw that there was only 1 Queen Bed.
On our return 4 days after, we got a Deluxe room upgrade. Yes, it finally had TWO single beds, but alas, the bathroom doors were practically see through, and you could hear EVERYTHING from inside, as if there wasn't any door!
Other than bathrooms not offering any privacy (if you were with a partner/spouse/fiancee then it would've been perfect), I'd reco this anytime! Delicious street food serving seafood and local fare, plus ice cold San Miguel Beer, is located at the back of the hotel, about 2 minutes away on foot. Of course, the famous Times Square mall and restaurants are just around the corner, not to mention the MTR. Would come back to the Butterfly on my next HK trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining contemporary comfort with a classy dose of European pizzazz, Butterfly on Morrison cannot enjoy a better location than where it is at Causeway Bay. That means 5 minutes away from the heart of shopper's Hong Kong (think Times Square, Sogo and the brand new Hysan Place); 5 minutes from the high-octane actions of the Happy Valley racetrack and the Hong Kong stadium; 10 minutes from the nightlife and heritage cool of Wan Chai and the same number of minutes from the chic and quirks of Star Street Precinct. In short, everything that makes Hong Kong buzz and hum with energy is right outside. To fulfill travellers’ need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers “4G Pocket WiFi Device” to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Inside, 98 guest rooms are filled to the brim with sophisticated amenities, offering every comfort for both work and play, including a free smartphone offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. However busy the night gets, the hotel will be your refuge. So when you're tired from a day of non-stop shopping, Rugby Sevens watching or nightlife exploring, return to us, relax and lounge. Our 24-hour front desk and 'Local Ambassadors' have got you covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Butterfly On Morrison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Morrison Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Morrison Hong Kong