“Suits the needs of a business traveller who wants to keep a daily fitness regime”
Review of EAST Hong Kong

EAST Hong Kong
Ranked #37 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at The East Hotel when I was on a business trip to Hong Kong and was very pleased that I was able to maintain my daily workout regime throughout my entire stay there. The gym at the hotel is not impressively big in size (due to the limit of space) but to my delight, they have equipped the gym well. The machines are varied and the free weights are of decent range. I was very happy that I managed to stick to my daily workout regime even though I prepared myself for some derailing during my business trip. The chefs at the FEAST are very good too. They prepared my egg white omelette every morning to my satisfaction. The service there is immaculate. I would highly recommend this hotel to any business travellers who will be working in offices in the nearby area.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room. I was unfortunate to get a room facing the residential flats in the are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at EAST, Hong Kong. I particularly enjoy your review because you highlight an aspect of business travel that is so important - keeping your fitness up. It is wonderful to hear that our team was able to help you stay healthy during your business travels and that the gym was perfect for you. I hope you will visit us again very soon!

EAST, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a Swire group hotel with a little edge and style. Ideal for the exec on business or the family visiting HK. The top floor has a nice restaurant and bar however staff can sometimes seem not too friendly. Great pool and gym with I house gym training instructor .... Also connected to some great shops with own ice rink. Very relaxing place to stay with great In house service. Recommended as a must stay location... Btw check out the sugar bar and restaurant on level 32.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Ted,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review. It is great to hear that you found the hotel perfect for your business travels and that you found our service excellent. We also appreciate you highlighting Sugar, but we are sincerely sorry that you found the service somewhat unfriendly. I assure you that this is not the case and that our team has a great time while at work up there. I would love to hear more about your experience and ask that you contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com the next time you are staying with us so we can catch up for a drink up in Sugar. Regardless, we will share your review with the team so we can continue improving. Until then, I hope you are well and we hope to see you soon.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I've been in both the urban & harbor view rooms... Room wise it's all the same except for the view.. For those who are bashful they have electronic black out window shades that come down full with a touch of a button that give you total privacy. So I'm not sure why the other guests commented on being able to look into others apartment.. The view of the harbor is nice but nothing really spectacular that I would pay hundreds more for the room..

Service, ambiance of the hotel was great! Hotel is trendy & the music in the lobby, restos & elevators is up beat house music. All rooms no matter the view have IPods with uploaded music that is current.. I thought this was a very nice touch to have great music.. They even sell CDs of their music compilations.. No rap, heavy metal or crappy music here.. Just classy music... Lol!

Very convenient with the biggest mall in HK right next to it as well as the MTR Tai Koo station.. Taxis que is right outside..

I would stay here again..

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antonino20
Dear Antonino,

Many thanks for your recent review of EAST, Hong Kong. It is great to learn that you enjoy staying with us every time and we are grateful for your loyalty and continued business. Thank you for mentioning the service quality and the ambiance of the hotel - we aim for a non-traditional hotel feel and from your review it shows that we are exceeding expectations. We look forward to serving you once again in a very near future and until then we remain at your service for anything you may need.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Friends, enjoyed a nice change of pace while staying at the trendy, chic, but not overly, East Hong Kong during a recent business trip. From the uniforms worn by the staff, complete w/ Chuck Taylor black converse tennis shoes and superb but not over the top service, a refreshing change to the many hotels we as business travelers check in and out on a weekly basis. Seems the staff is having fun too, their attention to detail and desire to assist you in every manner, harkens back the day when - and dare I print this - the English had a hand in overseeing your stay... in short, heck of a nice place, good location, near lot's of good eats and very convenient to the MRT, everything about this place says, "come back and stay with us again... !"

Room Tip: My room was facing Quarry Bay, nice room and view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Owen J
Dear Owen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of EAST, Hong Kong with the TripAdvisor community. We're delighted that we were able to provide a change of pace for you during your visit to Hong Kong. Your review truly highlights everything we aimed to achieve when we built our hotel, and we're very proud that the fact that we are having fun at work shows. We hope to have many more opportunities to continue taking great care of you and look forward to your next visit.

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend a few months ago and was amazed by the stellar architecture and sky high views. We stayed in a room on the 28th floor with a view overlooking the harbor. The service was excellent and we were given some little gifts and amenities to enjoy for the special occasion we were celebrating. The location is perfectly convenient, right above an MTR station and the staff was excellent with getting us taxis and directing us to the places we wanted to see. Overall, I found the hotel affordable and a great destination for a classy and comfortable stay. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that if you aren't on a business trip and are looking for something more spa-like and luxurious, you may not be in the right place, but otherwise I felt it was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to know that you enjoyed staying with us for the special occasion you were celebrating and that you found the service our team provided excellent. We appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, but more than anything we're proud to know that our team was helpful, friendly and efficient. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you in Hong Kong.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Located conveniently next to City Plaza shopping mall and Tai Koo MTR station, this is a very good business hotel with excellent and professional service.

There is also a great rooftop bar called Sugar (32nd Floor) providing a good view of the harbour and a nice way to have a few drinks in the evening.

Only downside I experienced was the view from the room - unfortunately, this faced a residential estate where literally thousands of locals could look in so my blinds were left down during my whole stay.

Apart from this, I would definitely stay here again (and would ask for a room facing the harbour)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a harbour view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I'd like to express our sincere gratitude for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We love the fact that you mentioned the quality of our service first and foremost, as this is the reason we believe we stand out. Further, thank you for mentioning Sugar and all it has to offer. I agree with you in that the view of the harbour makes a tremendous difference, and I will be happy to assist with an upgrade if possible for your next stay. Simply contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com when making your booking, and I will take care of the rest. I hope your next trip to Hong Kong will be very soon, and our entire team will be waiting for you.

GZ
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am frequently at the EAST Hong Kong during my biz travel to Hong Kong. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out are very efficient and the invoice can be optionally e-mailed instead of the standard print out. Very convenient to not open up the bag again and stuff the invoice in.
Breakfast is the morning highlight with a good selection of continental food + an additional hot item a la carte. I can highly recommend the evening dinner at FEAST with a great selection of various salads and Mediterranean dishes to feast prior the hot dish.
Rooms are rather on the small side and with a unusual but pleasant layout.
The gym is a bit small and quickly overrun, but 24 hrs access is possible.

Room Tip: high floors (above 20F) facing the ocean have a fantastic view. They are however pricier than lower...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review and for your trip to travelers on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to EAST, Hong Kong and I am thrilled to learn that you find the hotel perfect for your business travels. I would love to thank you for your repeated business in person, and ask that you contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com when you visit next so we can catch up over a coffee. Until then, I remain at your service.

Warm regards,