“Smart & convenient”

Ranked #34 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Cheam, Surrey, United Kingdom
“Smart & convenient”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our offices are based in Taikoo Shing so I may be biased. However I have stayed here a couple of times and found this a good business hotel for what I need when traveling with work. Clean room, decent desk to work on, good wifi, ironing board and iron in the cupboard, decent shower. The breakfast buffet offered a lot of choice and was high quality, a nice rooftop bar. The views are certainly a lot more limited than if you were downtown (view of tower blocks from my room) but given I could walk to my office a compromise I was happy to make. It's easy to get to the underground station and from their perhaps 10 minutes to get to downtown Hong Kong.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your review of EAST, Hong Kong. It's wonderful to know that your stay was pleasant and that the location is so convenient for your business travels to Hong Kong. Thanks for mentioning all the things that we feel are well thought out for the business traveler like yourself. I'm sorry that you were given a room on a low floor and that you didn't get to enjoy our exquisite harbour view; I will make sure that the next time you're staying with us you get to enjoy one. We also love the pictures of HK you posted! We hope to see you back at EAST soon!

EAST, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Delhi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location is perfect and the overall experience was very good. Just that I got in little late in the night and had to checkout early in the morning so couldn't really make the best of it. The rooms are clean and beautifully done up. You can enjoy good music on iPod which is available along the bedside. If you are not spending at least 8-10 hrs at the hotel then it may not be worth the amount you pay per room night which is approximately 2000 HK$, The Excelsior is a good option which is little more value for money for short business stays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your quick stay at EAST, Hong Kong. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your visit despite the brevity of it. We're delighted you liked our rooms and that the location was perfect for your trip to Hong Kong. Hopefully during your next trip you can make the most of Feast and Sugar as well!

Kind regards,

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

irst impressions are spot on with this place.

Check in staff friendly and uber cool. Could have done with some explanations of the features of the booking/hotel but this is nothing unusual. Wifi was explained and free throughout.

The rooftop bar - you could spend a lot of time up here watching the harbour, and I did. The bar gets pretty busy at night which is a welcome change from many hotel bars. An amazing view even though you are looking at the 'other end' of the harbour (overlooking the old Kai Tak airport on opp side) so you don't get the classic view you would normally see but still spectacular particularly at night.

The location of the hotel is quite far from Central however only a short train ride and the hotel is located right at the MTR station. This is near the One Island East building.

Room is great. Really modern and clean so no complaints there. The urban view is startling because you are looking at a complete panorama of Hong Kong residents apartments. So much that it completely fills your field of view. Somewhat voyueristic and fascinating at the same time.

The bathroom is small but again really nice. Monsoon shower and huge big towels.

TV selection is the usual choices including discovery and nat geo.

Breakfast. Great selection of mainly western fare. Very trendy vibe down there too. I liked the bread and juice selection. The cooked breakfasts a la carte are all of a really high quality and and included in the breakfast price. Coffee ain't bad too.

I will be staying there again.

Please don't forget to give me a helpful vote if you liked this review.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank uncypeteable
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed review of EAST, Hong Kong - no wonder you've received so many helpful votes! It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed staying with us and that you felt our team was friendly and cool. Also, many thanks for pointing out all the aspects of your stay you enjoyed: the views at Sugar and in our rooms, the modern yet comfortable feel of our guest rooms, our convenient location and the quality of our breakfast options at Feast. We hope to have you back with us very soon for another pleasant stay.

Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Been staying here for work now since December - so like my second home! 5 months in and never given an upgrade , any floor below 19 and the views totally suck! Rooms clean, small, very small not enough hangers for any longer than a week. Room service comes in a box:-). Overrated place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello Nick,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience at EAST, Hong Kong. Constructive feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve our services and product for the future. We appreciate your continued business and apologize that we have not paid extra attention to upgrading you despite your loyalty. I hope you will give us another opportunity and ask that you contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com so that I can make the arrangement for you. I would also love to meet you in person over a coffee or drink during your next trip. Until then, the team is at your service for anything you may need.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We loved the rooms and Sugar rooftop bar at the East hotel. As a family of 5 adults we had 3 rooms all with superb views of the harbour. Loved going to sleep and waking up to that view! Location wise, the East worked well for us, we just jumped into a taxi to explore Mong Kok's street markets,
Victoria Peak and the nightlife at Lan Kwai Fong (great for a pub crawl on ladies night with free drinks on offer!). Thanks for a great stay which made for a fantastic end to our holiday and a great first taste of Hong Kong!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for choosing EAST for your first stay in Hong Kong. I am so happy to hear that you felt the location was ideal, even to explore the streets of Mong Kok. It was such a pleasure looking after you and your entire family, and the entire team hopes to be able to do so again very soon.

Until then, we are at your service for anything you may need.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at The East Hotel when I was on a business trip to Hong Kong and was very pleased that I was able to maintain my daily workout regime throughout my entire stay there. The gym at the hotel is not impressively big in size (due to the limit of space) but to my delight, they have equipped the gym well. The machines are varied and the free weights are of decent range. I was very happy that I managed to stick to my daily workout regime even though I prepared myself for some derailing during my business trip. The chefs at the FEAST are very good too. They prepared my egg white omelette every morning to my satisfaction. The service there is immaculate. I would highly recommend this hotel to any business travellers who will be working in offices in the nearby area.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room. I was unfortunate to get a room facing the residential flats in the are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at EAST, Hong Kong. I particularly enjoy your review because you highlight an aspect of business travel that is so important - keeping your fitness up. It is wonderful to hear that our team was able to help you stay healthy during your business travels and that the gym was perfect for you. I hope you will visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a Swire group hotel with a little edge and style. Ideal for the exec on business or the family visiting HK. The top floor has a nice restaurant and bar however staff can sometimes seem not too friendly. Great pool and gym with I house gym training instructor .... Also connected to some great shops with own ice rink. Very relaxing place to stay with great In house service. Recommended as a must stay location... Btw check out the sugar bar and restaurant on level 32.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Ted,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review. It is great to hear that you found the hotel perfect for your business travels and that you found our service excellent. We also appreciate you highlighting Sugar, but we are sincerely sorry that you found the service somewhat unfriendly. I assure you that this is not the case and that our team has a great time while at work up there. I would love to hear more about your experience and ask that you contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com the next time you are staying with us so we can catch up for a drink up in Sugar. Regardless, we will share your review with the team so we can continue improving. Until then, I hope you are well and we hope to see you soon.