“Recommended”

Ranked #34 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Recommended”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Relatively new and clean. All the guest rooms provided with iPod touch. Apple TV is available in selective rooms. There is a nice bar with pano view at the rooftop.

It is not located at the popular district but it is close enough to the shopping mall and mtr station.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank stlin
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your visit at EAST, Hong Kong. We appreciate you highlighting the technology offered inside our guest rooms - we are always looking for ways to be innovative while adding to our guest experience and are very excited about a new addition coming in 2015! We look forward to having you back with us very soon!

EAST, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderfully relaxing weekend stay.
After a very late arrival Friday evening, a very relaxing Saturday morning breakfast which is always good, a great choice of fruits and cereals and juices. All served by a very friendly relaxed young team.
After a day of sightseeing and an early meal out, the greatest way to relax here is to get a spot with a view at Sugar on the top floor of East - sipping your drinks here while watching the lights of Hong Kong must be hard to beat!

I have been fortunate enough to have stayed here a number of times on business and having told my wife a number of times how good the hotel is, took this opportunity to let her experience it.

Highly recommended!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Martyn,

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great weekend stay with us at EAST, Hong Kong. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with everyone on TripAdvisor, and for mentioning the many aspects of your stay that stood out. It is always nice to hear great things about our room product, the stunning view from Sugar and our other offerings, but I am most proud to see that you mentioned the service of our team. I will certainly share your review with team and we all hope to have you back at EAST very soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

nice hotel. Excellent rooms very professional staff and to top it off a fantastic view of the city and surrounding area from the bar on one of the top floors. the hotel was very convenient for my office and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. The gym is also good. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Gary,

Many thanks for your positive review of EAST, Hong Kong. You're right when you mention we are located in a very convenient location for those working in the Island East or Quarry Bay areas. I'm glad to hear you were able to take advantage of BEAST (Body by EAST) and of the rooftop bar, Sugar. Come back and visit us soon!

Best regards,

Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Impeccable service by the friendliest and most competent staff I ever experienced in the last 40 years. When I complimented a staff member of this remarkable hotel, he said it felt as if all the staff members together form one big family. People seem to really enjoy working at the East Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. We absolutely loved hearing your comments about our people, as we are proud to be a close-knit family and we truly believe that our people make Swire Hotels unique and special. You review has been shared with our team, who are all grateful and look forward to welcoming you back to EAST, Hong Kong soon.

Warmest regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First-class business hotel in Quarry Bay, on the eastern side of Hong Kong Island. It is located next to Cityplaza, a modern office and shopping complex with many good dining options, and Taikoo Shing, a large but relatively quiet residential area. You can reach downtown HK (Central) in about 20 minutes by subway (MTR) or taxi. The hotel has a corporate look and the rooms are a bit small, but the furnishings, decor and amenities are all modern and of high quality, and the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The open bathroom area has an innovative, appealing space-saving design. The staff was courteous and professional. The hotel has a large, airy dining room, but we only ate there once (nice breakfast), as it is kind of expensive compared with the many restaurants nearby. We were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bernard,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for sharing your positive experience of EAST, Hong Kong with other travelers. It is wonderful to see you enjoyed your visit and that you would like to come visit us again. I do want to clarify that we are actually located in Taikoo Shing rather than Quarry Bay, but we are very close to Quarry Bay indeed. We hope to have you back with us again in a very near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was working with a client, whose office is about a 10 minute walk from East hotel. The client booked me here. I didn't know what to expect.

Wow, was I surprised. This hotel just does business right. From the lobby, to the expertly designed rooms, to the ultra-comfortable beds, to the amazing open air waterfall showers in the bathroom, to the totally hip and affordable rooftop lounge, Sugar. There is nothing I didn't like about this hotel. Nothing.

How would I describe it to an American? Well...it reminds me a lot of a Kimpton property in the states. If you're not familiar with Kimpton, they're a boutique chain of hotels with excellent quality small hotels, throughout the U.S. Kimpton hotels are similar to W hotels, but without all the attitude and much much better service.

I was surprised at check in when I was told I had been upgraded to a corner room. Wow, what a room. Beautiful panoramic views of the mountain and the bay. Two sides of the room have floor to ceiling windows with button-operated automatic blinds. Pretty sweet. If I come back to this hotel, I'll pay extra and get this view. Just amazing.

The rooms had every amenity you could imagine, and a business desk that had everything possible in it to ensure successful work efforts. After Day 3, I even found my television (haha!). It was hiding behind a sliding piece of wall art. And again, don't even let me start on that shower. I took photos of it so that I can describe to my builder the shower I want in my new home. Love love love that shower. And love the glass windows from the bathroom to the bedroom. It really opens up the small-ish rooms to make them look bigger. But, do keep in mind that for HKG, these rooms are actually pretty darned large. The bathroom was impressively large. I think my room was about 333 sq. feet. That's monster sized for HKG.

The hotel was next to a large shopping mall with a cinema atop it. There were also ample restaurants nearby. A very nice Korean BBQ joint and also a nicely affordable Chinese place. I'll be sure to review them too.

Service was excellent! The front desk attendants were polite, friendly, and very knowledgeable. I liked the greeter by the elevators each day. He wore this funky cool suit and high top Chuck Taylors! Funky cool! I also appreciate their attention to being green. I was told there were NO plastic bags in all of the hotel, aside from the garbage liners in the kitchen trash cans. Impressive! I needed a bag to put my dirty clothes in and the attendant suggested I use the hemp laundry bag in the room. Also, the rooms are key card activated for power and A/C -- to save energy when you're out of the room.

Bottom line: if you're going to be doing business here in Taikoo Shing, this is THE place to stay, bar none. It's a little bit far out of the way for general vacation stay (30 minute MTR ride to Central) but perfect for doing business in this area. Just stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent experience at EAST, Hong Kong. It is fabulous to learn that you found EAST was the perfect fit for your needs as a business traveler and that you were able to enjoy all of what we have to offer while staying with us. We really appreciate you highlighting our room product, but most importantly we are grateful that you found the service to be outstanding. We look forward to taking great care of you again soon, and also mention that we will be opening EAST, Miami next year!

Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend was in HK for a weekend and I booked this hotel for her. Its very good hotel with great service. Our biggest impression was "Danny" the guy who answered the phone helped us 2 dinner times with almost impossible task for restaurant. We couldn't get table at Peking garden even we called but Danny could!
Nice sky bar they have, amazing view.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your experience at EAST, Hong Kong. It is always great to see our team members getting recognized for going above and beyond, so thank you for mentioning how Danny was able to get you the reservations you and your girlfriend needed. We have shared your review with him and the rest of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to EAST again very soon.

Best regards,