“Maybe you have other options?”

Mingle Place At The Eden
Ranked #531 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The platform bedframe isn't really necessary in a very small room. Amenities/bottle of water provided. Small and basic. To be fair, location is excellent. Close to everything (restos, grocers, market, cafe). It's just a place to sleep and that's it.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank up_sha
There are newer reviews for Mingle Place At The Eden

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The only good thing to say about this hotel is the location. It's in Sheung Wan in close walking distance to SoHo, LKF, Central etc. And it's probably the cheapest option in the area.

However, everything else about it is average or rather tolerable. We spent a few days there in December, and the rooms were very cold with no heating. The staff did say that by turning up the air con to 30 degrees it would start heating, but we tested this in three different rooms and it did not work. They did have a very hot shower though, so we would get in the shower just to warm up a little.

Also, one day we returned home by 4.30 pm and they hadn't cleaned our rooms yet. At that point we just wanted to relax for a few hours before heading back out, so asked them to fix our rooms and change our towels when we went out for dinner after 7 pm. They told us they couldn't do that since at that time the cleaning staff had left already... They had had from am to 4.30 pm to clean our three rooms, but failed to do so, and now they we're being rude about it. The staff in the reception is generally not very service minded or helpful.

Only stay here if you want a great location and a place to sleep, and don't care about service etc.

Room Tip: Get a room ending in xx3 - they're a little bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank enirtak_kat
Reviewed 13 December 2013

When I came her to checkin, I was first being asked for how many "hours" I would like to stay, that should have warned me but it didn't. The location is superb, which might off-set the fact that this is a "love hotel", means people will bring prostitutes here for a couple of hours of fun. Not that you really recognize much of that, but just keep it in mind and maybe don't book this place as a family or for your honeymoon. The hotel (if you can call it that) consists more or less just of rooms, there is no lobby and just a very small reception area where you will get your room keys, then go to your room via elevator. There is no breakfast or any facilities, this is purely a place to rest, sleep (or do other stuff).
Now in regards to the location, you are smack in the middle of the Central wet market, means 5 minutes from Soho, 5 minutes from Hollywood Road, 5 minutes from Central and IFC shopping mall etc. So it cant get much more "central" than this place. There are tons of bars and restaurants around, you just have to accept the fact that it's a lve hotel. Walls are thin and beds not too comfortable, but it was clean.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay: 2 Nights
When: October 2013
Room: Standard Double
Price: 1500 HKD (250 SGD)
Breakfast included - NO

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AngryAngMo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Eden used to be an upmarket love hotel. Now I would say that it is still a love hotel (for rich folks who will not be caught dead in the dingy Jordan or Mongkok love hotels), and a business hotel for one or two days stay in HK.

For the price of a room, the location is superb, its in Central District. It is near Lan Kwai Fong, the IFC Airport Express, the tram line, and all the offices and consulates that use Central/Admiralty as their headquarters.

The rooms and the bathrooms are stylish, clean, maintained. I disagree that this looks or feels like a hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R M B
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Okay I didn't pay a lot to stay here but I still did pay something, however as other reviewers have noted, this place isn't even a "hotel", just a series of cabins with the basic amenities, I've been in better hostels.

At this price I am aware you don't get a lot, but for heavens sake just basic things like soap available for when you've used the bathroom, some guest instructions for things such as how the hotwater system works (which is not easy to work out), a TV channel guide, even some suggestions for local places to eat, these arent luxury items! Then there was no bottled water as advetised on the website, no room service which is also advertised on their website and is a reason I chose the hotel as I was arriving late, no hairdyer, no bathrobe...the list goes on and for a place that bills itself as a 'three star hotel' is basically a rip-off.

Unfortunately this is all compounded by the issue of noise which is major problem with this place, during the day it was jack-hammering from across the road and at night the most unbelievable noise coming from a nearby club including a very loud live band which went until 5am and sounded as if it was in my room. After complaining and being told it was 'just a one-off party', on the second night I was eventually moved at 3am to a 'VIP suite'...whilst I did appreciate the effort, the VIP suite was essentially a small, windowless bunker with no safe, no tea or coffee making facilities, a broken shower head, and weirdest of all, no electrical power outlets, after calling reception I was told I had to use the power board the TV was plugged into which was in a sort of cupboard! This meant plugging in more than one appliance at a time was not possible and also meant I had to dry my hair bending down in order to reach this floor-level arrangement which made seeing a mirror (if there was one) impossible. Unfortunately although initially relatively quiet regarding street noise I was still disturbed in this room at 5am by some very loud guests in the room across the tiny passage separating our rooms.

By this stage I had had enough and have never been so pleased to check out. Incredibly but perhaps unsurprisingly at this point they couldn't even change a small amount of money for me, and I was told "no sorry, we don't do that"! Well I have to ask what this place does actually do, very few of the features mentioned on their website were available, there weren't even basic amenities, and both rooms I stayed in were noisy beyond being actually able to sleep.

This in my opinion is unfair and just plain money-grubbing of this hotel, and I strongly suggest you find any place but this one.

Room Tip: Go elsehwere
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Chinababe08
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about regarding this hotel. You people realize this is a "love hotel" that rents rooms by the 2 hour block, right? I understand you can pay to stay overnight, but why would you?

The location is perfect, the suite was clean, the service was good (you give them money and they give you a key), and there was a circular bed with a mirror on the ceiling. They even provide condoms. I mean, what more can you ask for?

This hotel serves it's purpose well.

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank 767-300ER
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I recently stayed at Mingle on the Wing on HK Island. All hotels in this group are similar small and affordable but not worth it. If you want uncaring, non English speaking staff you will find them here. Cut power to the room at check-out time????? Albeit I had requested a late check-out. A nightmare of a place! No windows. I know why....prevents customers who lapse into depression over the accommodation from jumping! Stay elsewhere! Dodgy hot water. It was at least clean. 1/10 at best.

Room Tip: I could not recommend tio stay there.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo