“Great location, good rooms and price Okish”
Review of Comfort Hostel HK

and 1 more site!
Comfort Hostel HK
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend 2 nights. The rooms were decent and for a hostel not bad at all. You pay more for the location. You are able to get private rooms so if you are not one for sharing living space and bathrooms with random strangers then it's ideal.

They have another building with extra rooms which we were taken to as all their rooms were booked in the main building. So main facilities such as tea and coffee drinking and the admin office is all in the main building. It didn't make a difference to our stay, but would have been nice to have been informed on thy before arriving. Other than that it was good and clean and central to all things regarding shopping and the mtr. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 6 October 2013

not very easy to find because there is no sign outside. The reception is on the third floor of a block of flats. Good place because It' s near the tube station but we booked a twin room and it Was very small, with a fake window and the mattress Was very very hard. So good place to stay only for a few days.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Demi H
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here twice last fall, and to be honest, it wasn't any less than I expected. There were a couple funny things, like my rooms were always in a different building than reception (around the corner) but the staff were super helpfull. My room on the first stay was recently renovated, with a really nice washroom, great water pressure too! On the second stay, it was obviously an old apartment, so the room had its own common area (there was a dorm and a private room bundled together). The staff were super helpful. For anyone complaining about the size of the room, its Hong Kong, you arent going to find a spacious hostel anywhere! I'll def stay here again! I only spent one evening in the reception area, and it quickly turned into a pretty awesome party....one of the staff (i think he was kiwi) was pretty stoked to show me is "team canada" shot glasses.....which was rad! The location is awesome, literally right around the corner from the MTR station....just beware the elevators if you have a giant backpack.....hard to turn around, and impossible with other people in it. But yah, i'll definatley reccomend this place, and I'll probably stay there again......great value in an overly expensive city!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank its_mckenzie
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The location is good. It's safe, and clean. The people working there were very helpful and friendly. Next time I'm in Hong Kong and need a cheap place to stay, this is definitely it.

I had stayed at Chungking Mansions previously. Not only did I feel somewhat unsafe there, but the cleanliness was lacking. Also, the laundry people "lost" some of my clothes there. This place was a lot better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank buns0n
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I'm so mixed on my feelings about this place... I'm not really a fussy type and I don't go to a hostel to spend my time there - I'm always out. So if this is how you are, you'll probably be OK with this place. Let's not forget, it IS very cheap. I had some good times and met some interesting folk there...we even all threw a party in the communal area! But there were some people (older people, it has to be said...) who were clearly used to staying in better quality hostels and who said this wasn't for them. I think it really depends what floor you stay on. The main receptions on 3, but there are rooms on floor 6 and 9, too. I hear 6 and 9 are better than 3, where I stayed. So to summarise, here's the good and bad things so you can decide if it's for you or not:

Pros:
Good location
Communal area always seems to be full, so you meet lotsa people if you're a lone traveller
Cheap
Staff mainland Chinese but speak good English and cantonese
Owners were flexible/helpful about me storing my stuff there for a couple of days once I left

Cons:
Only averagely clean
Dorm room I stayed in was very small - not a place I could hang out or really relax in
Internet was APALLING - really bad connection on 3F, but I hear 6F and 9F is better
Sign in lobby says hostel is operated illegally - weird.

Room Tip: Ask for 6F or 9F.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Haley R
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Hong Kong is an expensive city, so don't expect to pay cheap and get good accommodation. Comfort Hostel is VERY well located and affordable but that's where the qualities stop.

The staff is friendly enough - but only one guy speaks english, which is strange for HK. The rooms are old and the bathrooms are horrible - specially if you remember how much you're paying for it. Wifi works on and off, which is a drag. The space is really tight, so if you're big or claustrophobic, do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

After finding the place we booked online for a week long stay, we squeezed into a windowless cubicle of unbelievably small dimensions. The flatscreen TV was mounted at an angle, that you could only watch it whilst standing up. Instead of the booked double bed, we did get 2 dwarf sized singles. The micro bathroom had no real ventilation and outside scaffolding reached this floor. So we had to barricade the vent. Security in the building was o.k., elevators worked fine. It was cleaned daily but we didn't spent any time in this cell other than for sleeping. Another horrible experience in this generally overpriced city. Reception was in a different building across the road. It was cold and no heating option available.

Room Tip: Insist on booked features such as window or type of bed, they tend to squeeze non-regular guests int...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple