I would love to give L'Hotel a great review based on the hotel itself and the quality of the staff. However, I was completely let down by the amount of noise in the hotel during my two week break.
Focusing on the positives, the hotel itself is great and the location was not a problem. Having stayed in a variety of Hong Kong hotels closer to central, I was concerned about where L'Hotel was located. However much to my surprise the shuttle bus is extremely convenient and punctual. It only took 10-15 minutes to get to central, which is nothing compared to how long it can take to even get across central! The perks of being in its location were that the hotel was situated in a quiet yet industrial area without the hustle and bustle of the city centre. The staff were informative and polite at all times from the moment I checked in until check out reflecting on the standard of their professionalism.
At around 8am every morning the hotel became exceptionally noisy. The cleaning staff insisted on leaving the doors of the rooms they were cleaning open, which caused noise throughout the corridor. Cleaning staff also had a habit of screaming at one another across the hallways which interfered with my sleep. If you're ever looking for a slight lie-in, you won't find it at L'Hotel. I moved rooms 6 TIMES during my two week stay because of a variety of malfunctions including being given a twin room instead of a double and building noise. However, staff were always to accomodate my request and for one night I was even upgraded to a suite. In addition, throughout my stay I was given rooms with a mountain view despite paying for a city view.
I do believe there are other hotels in Hong Kong with a much better sleep quality, and more professional cleaning staff. But L'Hotel is perfect for the deep sleeper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong