“Good bargain, great deal and value for money!”
Review of Takan lodge

Takan lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Takan lodge
Ranked #396 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed at this place when I came to visit my relatives in Hong Kong in November last year. My relatives helped me found this place and assisted me to rent the apartment at reasonable price and good location. As everyone would be aware, accomodation in Hong Kong hotel is very expensive nowadays, especially staying for a whole month as you could have imagine. I personally prefer a simple and clean accomodation at a convenient location rather than luxurious environment. The most important thing is that this place is comfortable with excellent services. The people at the management are friendly, professional and efficient. Takan Lodge ticks all the boxes on my accomodation checklist as they have everything. Great deal and value for money. I loved staying there and I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My flat was under renovation last month. I searched a lot short term apartments and finally stayed here - Takan Lodge. The flat was tidy with open kitchen and washroom. Staff were friendly and gave me and my family home feeling. The cleaning condition was good too. Most perfectly, it is located at convenient location. Many restaurants and shops found nearby the apartments. I will recommend to other if they want a home feel accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Bluhihi
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My wife and I were moved to Hong Kong for a six month assignment, and due to time constraints the company placed us at this place. Our excitement to be moving to Hong Kong came crashing down upon entering the "room." We were greeted with an old dingy room with peeling wall paper. Laying on the bed was a very thin Winnie the Pooh blanket on old "white" ripped sheets upon a rock hard full sized bed. The room had a TV out of the 1980's with a cigarette burn on the top. At the table there were two folding chairs for our comfort. In the bathroom we get to see rusty peeling pipes of the bathroom above us. We immediately took pictures of the flaws, and showed it the HR department who had booked us the room. They, rightfully, were horrified and started the process to find a new apartment to move us to which took a week. During this week of limbo, I pointed out all of the flaws to management of Takan Lodge. I even pointed out their brochure that promotes modern tasteful "newly refurbished" rooms. Well apparently only the room next to ours was refurbished and warranted a blanket statement like that. They changed the sheets and a couple of lamps.

The happiest moment was when we left Takan Lodge for the last time. This place might be suitable for people on a tight budget for a couple of days. This is a place to sleep. There is no charm.

There are a couple upsides. As stated in other reviews, this is centrally located in Wan Chai, which makes it a convenient location. I was also surprised the location has very fast internet. The cramped shower did have nice hot water at a good pressure.

I cannot and will not endorse this place in any way. Find another place to stay...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Worldrexplorer
Reviewed 8 January 2011

We stayed at Takan Lodge on and off over the course of 10 days from Xmas to New Years. Our family were here with a longer lease.

It's located at the corner of Johnston Road and Thomson Road, about a 5 minute stroll to Wanchai Station (Exit A3). You can also get on the train directly in front of the lodge to Central or Causeway Bay (or further).

About the four of us fitted into a roomy studio apartment with a double bed and a sofa bed. There's a small, dated but clean bathroom and a kitchenette with microwave, fridge, stove top and kettle. Rooms are serviced 3 times a week.

The place is very safe. There are concierge/reception facility 24 hours a day. We stayed on level 1, and being a light sleeper, I had to use ear plugs. There's a 24 hour eatery and McDonald's across the road, and deliveries are done during the early hours of the morning.

That said, I found the place quite convenient and reliable.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank franktastic
Reviewed 16 August 2010

A safe place to stay (minimum 1 month lease) - all rooms are large studio apartments - with kitchen, microwave and a big fridge. Baths are small. Beds are big, and the sette can easily sleep a toddler.

I especially liked the rooms where the kitchen had a counter with bar stools and you could see the tv while dining and cooking.

Some rooms on higher floors have a balcony - big, but don't expect anything plush.

Internet is fast and free. Security is very good. They clean up rooms twice a week.

There is is no gym or swimming pool. Very centrally located in a busy area (near Johnston road - the Chinese restaurant opposite works 24 hours, getting taxis is very easy due to a taxi stand right outside, there is also a tram stop and bus stop 2 mins walk away, and wanchai mrt is about 10 mins walk)

on the whole, a homely place to stay

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business