Butterfly on Wellington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
The Putman All Suite Hotel(Hong Kong)
1,369 results
All reviewswellington streetgreat locationboutique hotellan kwai fongthe mid level escalatorshong kong stationairport expresscentral districtqueens roadexecutive roomifc mallportable wifiwet marketwalking distancerestaurants and barspocket wifinespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Me and my husband love going to hk once or twice a year. We tried some high end hotels and some more affordable locations. This hotel is definitely worth staying in. The location in superb. It's tiny, but really lovely. Will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank LaowaiFromShanghai
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed for 3 nights in a deluxe room, thanks to a free upgrade. The room was a decent size and comfortably enough furnished. It worked well for me as a base from which to spend 3 days in HK on business. It was refreshing not to have to pay for wifi in my room (often HK$100-200 per day in other hotels). The bathroom was reasonable (very good "rainfall" style showerhead) but the lighting was not that great, making shaving slightly tricky. The hotel has no restaurant or bar so you have to go out for all refreshments; as the hotel is right in the heart of Hong Kong this is not exactly a problem. There was a minibar style fridge in the room so you could stock up with water etc if you so wished; there is a seven eleven within about 11 yards. The hotel is very conveniently placed for Central. It is very close to the Lan Kwai Fong hotel, at which I have also stayed this year. Of the two, I would tend to prefer Butterfly for longer stays as the rooms are bigger and thus less claustrophobic but I would say both hotels offer good value for money relative to the big chain hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Hotel is nice, modern and clean. Free Wifi is a nice touch too. Service is very cordial and the price is pretty reasonable for HK. The hotel is very close to Lan Kwai Fong area and to the IFC mall. Grab the airport express train for HK$100 and get off at central. Its a very simple 10 - 15 minute walk from there. Very close to the action but also not too close so the immediate surroundings are not loud. Rooms are on the smaller side, but still reasonable. If you arrive after midnight I suspect you may have a problem getting into the hotel so make sure to coordinate with them.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The hotel calls itself butique, but it must be as compared to other Hong Kong hotels, as no hotel in Europe with so many floors and rooms would call itself this. Still, despite its many floors and rooms, the hotel is cosy and has a boutique feel, as there is no lobby area or other big commun spaces, so you don’t bump into other people very often.

The European-sized room was nice and clean, no smell. We had free Wi-Fi in the room, and not only in the lobby as the hotel’s own web page suggests.

The location is very good for all the main sights on the Hong Kong side – short walk to SoHo, Tram peak, Star ferry, and airport express station. You don’t need a taxi, you can walk to the hotel along the Elevated walkway (only bear in mind that there is no lift down to street level, so you’d have to carry your luggage down some 20-30 steps at the end.

There is a street marked just by the hotel, so the area might not look nice, especially in the evening after the marked closes, but before they clean up the mess, but it’s just appearances, as the neighboorhood feels totally safe (just as the rest of the city).

They don’t serve breakfast at the hotell, but there is a small café selling coffee, sandwiches and muffins a few hundred meters up along the same street (direction towards Tram peak).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jo-dr
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've traveled on business to China for 15 years, usually 4 trips per year. Early on, I fell in love with Hong Kong, and always spend at least 1 day / night on each trip to enjoy this beautiful city. I have always stayed on the Kowloon side. Lately, at the Butterfly on Pratt in Tsim Sha Tsui.
On this trip in late October, I stayed 2 nights at Butterfly on Wellington. What a pleasure!
I had never spent ANY time in Central, and in particular in the area near Butterfly on Wellington. So getting to the hotel by taxi from the Airport Express Central Station seemed twisted in knots. Driving down Wellington heading to the hotel, frankly I was worried I picked the wrong hotel in a dicey location....
I could not have been more wrong! Butterfly puts their hotels in the center of the greatest neighborhoods - and once we walked around, discovered that this is the place to BE in Hong Kong. Everything is in walking distance or escalator trips. So many restaurants! Pubs! Shopping! Malls! Seriously good fun for 2 days.
The Hotel is set up a little differently from the Butterfly on Pratt. The door takes you to an elevator, and reception is on the 2nd floor. Check in was easy and quick. The "lobby" was quiet, with rich wood decor and comfortable seating. We rushed up to our room, with 2 single beds for my work companion and myself. The room was fresh, clean, perfect. Not that small, I expected much tighter quarters. I have a huge luggage case, and was able to open it, stow it, and keep it out of the way.
Bedding was world class, and the beds were softer than most in HK.
The bathroom was typical of the Butterfly Chain. Great detail to materials, sinks, faucets and showers. I was pleased to see that all Butterfly hotels use the same shampoo - a great citrus scent - I actually looked forward to that scent, after 2 weeks travelling in China hotels with industrial strength "complimentary" shampoos.
Finally, the view from our window looked back up Wellington street towards the esclators. The city view was awesome from our windows. The room was quiet, no noise from the streets nor the elevator. One last treat...walk up Wellington at night and look back to the Hotel. You will see huge, colorful Butterflys floating up the exterior walls of the hotel - a neat trick with LED lighting.

I highly recommend the Butterfly on Wellington, and will make this my new home base for some R&R at the end of business trips.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the more you are removed from street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business