I used to live in HK. Did for 14 years. It's definitely one of my absolute favourite cities in the world. So on a recent trip (with new husband in tow) I wanted a hotel that really performed. Close to the night life. Walking distance to the shops & restaurants. Easy in & out location to get to the MTR (train service) so naturally first thing I did was go on Tripadvisor to check out any new offerings. I left HK 12 years ago & things change. I knew Tripadvisor would show all the new places & luckily I know all the areas. I wanted to be in Central. I wanted stylish, boutique style accommodation. I didn't want to pay hundreds & hundreds of $$$. I wanted a lot. And did I get it. Of course I did. I booked the Butterfly Hotel on Wellington St. Fab location. Super personalised service. Lovely spacious (by HK standards) room. Amazing price. No downside other than no view. However you can put another 0 at the end of the price tag for that
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong