I did not have a great first impression of the hotel as I felt claustrophobic, from the narrow cluttered street to the small concierge area which greeted us as we entered. My friends recommended me this hotel for its location but I had not expected it to be situated right next to a lane which appears to be a wet market of some sort, though I must say the fruits displayed at the stalls look deliciously inviting on a hot Saturday afternoon.
But the disappointment did not last when we stepped into the first floor reception which was infused with the fragrance jasmine and lilies.Check in was a breeze, done efficiently by the front desk personnel (I do feel bad for forgetting his name). We were brought to our rooms on the ninth floor by Ivan who was a constant and consistent great help during our stay - from showing us the quickest way to the MTR to suggesting the best places to have breakfast and lunch. Jane must be mentioned too, for standing in the rain to hail us a cab one morning, all the while smiling demurely. I was really impressed by the staff and I hope the Management takes note of their hard work and dedication at ensuring the comfort of their guests.
I had a deluxe twin room and another sister a superior queen room. Both were clean and comfortable but if you need space I would suggest you pay a bit more for the deluxe one as the superior room looked rather small (not great for a claustrophobic like me). Only issue I had was the plumbing in my room could have been better (I think it was what caused the strange odor in the bathroom). It was also surprisingly quiet despite being located on a busy street.
If you like night life, Lan Kwai Fong is right next street. There are shops, restaurants including famous ones like Yung Kee and Mak En Kee. Opposite the hotel is a small cafe Master Food, which serves breakfast and really great coffee, and they do delivery to the hotel as well at no extra cost. Just go get a menu from them - it has their telephone on it, and you will get breakfast delivered to your room.
Overall, nice hotel. Go try it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong