“Awesome location”

Hello Inn (Hong Kong)
Ranked #11 of 263 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked the room directly through the guest house owner Ivan. The room is very small although it is double room. But this is what I expected. Overall the room is clean. Hello Inn is located at Tsim Sha Tsui Mirador Mansion just next to the TST MRT and Mansion Building. It is very convenient to get to other places in HK.

I only paid for half of the full amount as deposit via Paypal. The remaining balance I paid when I checked out. I just placed the cash inside the room which Ivan told me to do so. I called him to confirm again before I left the guest house. He said it is OK and save. He trusts me that I paid for the correct amount!!

The fantastic thing is Jenny Bakery (famous cookies) shop is located on the ground floor of Mirador Mansion. You can just walk down and grab it easily.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SookWee
There are newer reviews for Hello Inn (Hong Kong)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Me and my partner are considered frequent visitor to HK,
went there late sept and stayed in this guesthouse,
It was quite surprising that the reality is far away from the rating,
The location is great, shopping mall around,
but quite complicated,

what we looking for is accommodation,
the room is very small, can't sleep well because of the noise,
equipments / facilities are just simple, and pathway to the guesthouse was terrible,

We know that with the price offered, we can absolutely find better guesthouses,
can't really recommend, except your main concern is Location,

Room Tip: Probably ask for quieter room,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kate_travelpath
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Not easy to find the contact. Here's for your access :
helloinnhk@gmail.com / Mobile:852-68080587

Like:

1. Excellent location. Smacked in the middle between Mody and Carnarvon Roads, directly facing Emperor across the main Nathan Road. If lost, just ask. People seems to know the Mirador Mansion better than Holiday Inn hotel, which is a minute walk away.
2. Tsim Sar Tsui MTR station exit D2 is literary 5 steps away from Mirador Mansion. Google it.
3. 6th floor, The door is easily spotted exactly like the photos you see posted by travellers.
4. The house interior is considered clean.
5. Hot and boiled water supplied. Shampoo/ soap lotion/ hair dryer, free upon request.
6. Convenient key card system for main and bedroom doors.
7. Friendly host.

DIdn't like:

1. Paid 100% full rental upon booking. Rates are not published. 350 HKD for a windowless room. Find this over priced, unless for the very convenient location.
2. Rather slow response on confirmation even though speaking over the phone, he promised to forward details within 24 hours. It took him another 24 hours to respond and I had to delay my flight confirmation.
3. Room size is equivalent to a queen size bed+toilet. The bed was a single (not super single).
4. Movements within the shower gotta be consciously dainty. Still, I was knocking my elbows left & right.
5. Walls are so thin I could hear neighbors turning in their beds. First time I could not sleep in a b&b.
6. Smells a while whenever the next room flushes.
7. AC is loud as if it's typhoon outside.
8. Neighboring environment is complicated. I do suggest company for ladies.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Yuzimomo
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Pros;
+ Good, fast wifi.
+ Rooms are very well maintained with air con too.
+ Fridge to store food.

Cons:
- Not much room to swing a cat but that is Hong Kong unless you pay top money for a good hotel.
- PC is pretty slow.
- The lift to the hostel can get pretty busy.

Breakfast: Not available.

Location: Pretty central and very close to MTR station. Mirador Mansions looks a little daunting (British 70s concrete council towerblock-esque) but we had no problems.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Liver_Red
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in the double bedroom (no window) back in October 2012. I travelled alone but since most of the shared bedrooms are tiny, I'd rather pay a bit more to have my own bedroom for privacy. I didn't have any troubles finding the guesthouse (located in the Mirador Mansion building) although the taxi driver didn't know where Mirador Mansion was. Luckily I looked up online before my trip to HK. Mirador mansion is located near the Chungking Mansion which my taxi driver knew. The building looks very dodgy! But then I realized most buildings in HK are similar because of the lack of space and the growing population. The lifts were quite special, it can be tricky at night, I remember lots of people and myself waiting for the lift for quite a long time in the evening. But nothing major, you just need patience I guess. The guesthouse is clean enough, my bedroom as well. The bed is comfortable and air-con was a great plus especially when you just go back from a shopping spree during a hot and humid day. I never saw Ivan but I talked to him on the phone, he sounded very friendly and helpful, even if I called him in the evening. The guesthouse and the rooms are very secured (you need a key pass to access it). Location is great! Right on the iconic Nathan road, close to everything (star ferry, mtr station, shopping centres, etc..).
If I come back, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank skampi
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed in Hello HK for 3 nights. This guesthouse situated in the center of Kowloon life on the famous Nathan Road. It's easy to get all tourist attractions. Rooms are small but very clean and nice. Good choice if you need to sleep only. The whole atmosphere is friendly and homelike.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Irina Y
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed in the room for 3 nights. The room is very small and the price was very reasonable for Hong Kong. Room were cleaned daily and there are toiletries, dryer, books and laptop provided. The location of Hello Inn is very good, the entrance of Mirador mansion just beside Tsim Sha Tsui MTR and there are a lot of restaurant nearby. And the most important is Hello Inn is safety than other hostel, it's because Ivan is using the password door keylock, only the peoples stay at Hello Inn can get into. We had a wonderful time staying there, is cozy like home!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends