“Excellent service apartment in Sheung Wan”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment)
Ranked #145 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service apartment in Sheung Wan”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My friend got relocated to Hong Kong and I stayed with her for a few days whilst visiting Hong Kong. The location is great on Hollywood Road and is in a lively neighourhood with lots of cool shops and restaurants. It is not directly in Central but the MTR is close by and taxis are cheap. Walking to central is around 15 minutes which makes is very convenient. The decor is very well done and the whole apartment looks very modern and has high quality fittings (Bose stereo, Nespresso coffee machine, rain shower, B&O telephone etc.). They made the best with the small space they have. Whilst it was fine to share the apartment it is really only meant for one person in the long run. The staff were on hand if requested and answered promptly any requests we had. The daily housekeeping service is good too and the apartment is always neat and tidy. I guess the only negative part is that there is only one lift for around 30 floors which means the wait can be a bit long at times and that the wifi in the apartment was not strong enough to get the signal in the bedroom. However I would definitely recommend this service apartment if one has to stay a month or longer in HK for a work assignement or relocation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jetsetlife888
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear jetsetlife888,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and sharing your experience of us. we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ovolo!
I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.
For your future visits back to Hong Kong, please feel free to email me on 222srm@ovologroup.com for any assistance you may require.

Warm regards,
Cathy Wong
Senior Residence Manager
222 Hollywood Road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was a very good choice by my company. Pretty, clean with a great neighborhood in midlevels. About 15 walk from icc. Not the biggest but then again this is Hong Kong. Cheers to Cathy for always being there to help too. Wish i didnt have to relocate but as is life.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank happymarge
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I'm in Hong Kong quite a bit for work and this is my favorite place for extended stays. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Great location in a chic part of town. Could be a bit closer to soho like the como como.
2. Large rooms for Hong Kong. Very comfortable furniture, large wardrobe, large drawers. Nice desk space.
3. In room laundry!
4. Functional fully stocked kitchenette.
5. Nice tv, premium channels
6. Lovely bathroom
7. Friendly staff- awesome doormen!
8. They let you use the gym at 286 queens

Cons:
1. You need a month stay
2. My maid liked to randomly decide my towel allotment. It was never a full supply
3. I had a few maintenance issues- which were mind you repaired very quickly.

I wish I could always stay here because of the creature comforts of home, being able to make breakfast or a quick dinner is a nice break from eating out all the time.

The neighborhood is quiet, everything is convenient, and nightlife is 10 minutes walk away... Ok ok 20 in the rain in high heels ;)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank melcalbear2000
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this serviced apartment few months for about 3 months. Very convenience location within 10 minutes walking distant to the subway station and Soho area. the staff here are very friendly and help me out a lot during my stay.......

i would recommend this apartment to all my friends and families.Thumb up!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank squarebread1222
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My partner and I stayed for 6 weeks in this place pay by the company. Also it was free for it, from the price it cost and the picture on the net we expected a better quality of service. we had an appartement on the top floor. From day one the lights in the kitchen went on and off sometimes and we had to switch it off and on again. The kitchen windows couldn't close properly and a leakage started form the bathroom, the water started to invade the whole bathroom and the bedroom. The staff was very professionnal and moved us to another, ... then another. They were very helpful and the cleaning staff was doing a amazingly good job. I just felt the quality of the materials used and of the work is really not up to the standard you might expect for an appartment like that.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Samuel B
ovolo2home, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Sam B,

Thank you for staying at Ovolo 222 and for sharing your experience online. We went over your feedback as a team and are really sorry that your stay with us was not up to our normal standard.

The leaks were truly an unfortunate occurrence we all dealt with in the building together. We really appreciate the notes you made about our service during this difficult time, especially the housekeeping compliment. Thank you. Please know that we have since fixed it up and are now consulting our contractors to further bolster the quality of our foundations.

On behalf of the team I want to express what a privilege it was to serve you at Ovolo 222 Hollywood Road. Things didn’t go to plan this time but we’d very much look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit.

Best Regards,
Cathy Wong
Senior Residence Manager
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

I really want to find a nice service apartment in HK, looked on Internet for a long time. finally I found Ovolo in Sheung Wan. what I want to say is, this is place is awesome!!!!
I stayed in middle floor so I can have nice view from my room. SHEUNG Wan is a artist place, many art shops around, some nice bars, chinese and western restaurant mmmmm.
okay I hv to speak about inside the room. free snacks, update newspaper everyday. big apple tv. with Now chanel. so I can watch movies and football match!! oh yes The Bose speakers are amazing!!!!
The best things is the have the light effect in the bedroom, so I can change different color that I want xx
kitchen. bathroom. every place is super clean!!!!!!!!!!
I really really love it!!!! thanks ovolo gave me a awesome time!!

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Nicoleeeeeeeeee
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in Ovolo's new Hotel's on two trips to HK while on business and with family, and decided to extend my trip and stay in their serviced apartment on Hollywood Road. Mate, simply awesome once again. I was at home in a very modern room, no noise, excellent location, funky area, very impressive room and modern facility, room had everything, I travel a lot .... best serviced apartment ever! Great management team behind this Hotel.

Only two rooms per floor, very clean very tidy, very very modern.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business