“A great place for a working visit to Hong Kong”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment)
Ranked #150 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Noosa, Australia
“A great place for a working visit to Hong Kong”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed at other Ovolo properties - boutique hotels - but this was our first time at their Sheung Wan Serviced Apartment location.

I have only good things to say about the property, the chain and their staff.

There is plenty of space in the flat we had on the 2nd floor. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. For the two of us, the size was good - there's a kitchen area that melds into the living room/media room, a good sized bedroom and its ensuite. Great rain-like shower, too, with continuous hot water. And the shower stays inside the shower screen, unlike other places in Hong Kong where the whole rest of the bathroom get drenched when one is having an indulgent shower.

The two times I called to the staff on the phone brought someone to the door to help out. None of this: Sort it out for yourself attitude I've experienced before.

The internet service is standard - included wireless that works though out the flat. There is no restaurant attached, as the other Ovolo properties have, but there are many eateries nearby.

If you have a requirement for a serviced flat, that's well taken care of each day, do consider the Ovolo 222.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left as one comes out the lift might be a bit quieter, but we had no noise problems...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Koyich
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Koyich,

We are so thankful that you have made the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us. We are glad that our staff were able to help and provide a warm, comfortable, and clean environment for you during your trip.

Thank you for choosing our serviced apartments and we sincerely hope to see you again for your next visit!

222 Hollywood Road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
SP
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at Ovolo for 3 months and we had a great experience. The flat had a nice size and was pretty knew. The service was perfect, everyone working there was so nice to us. Also, any request was quickly fixed and we couldn't say anything bad about the service. We had a great time there and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear PeASp,

Thank you for sharing such a great feedback of your recent experience at Ovolo 222 Hollywood Road. We are delighted to learn that that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your compliments will surly encourage us to keep improving our service quality. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Best serviced apartments in HK, we were at Sharma originally and this was much better. Rooms could have been bigger but were well designed and made best use of the space. We spent 7 months there and loved the local area. Cathy was great, really helpful, responsive and always went out of her way to help resolve any issues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Nicola P,

Thank you for writing this review of your experience at Ovolo. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again, thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it and very much look forward to hosting you at Ovolo again soon.

London, UK
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed for a month from mid Nov to mid Dec 2013. The apartment was comfortable and clean and in a great area, very central and easy to walk everywhere. The office staff were very polite and helpful and so were the cleaners. The design of the apartment is nicely thought out and they maximise the small space, I was comfortable as one person but I would not like to stay there as a couple as you would be too on top of each other. On the plan it says this apartment is 600 square feet, but no way is it 600 - more like 400 max (I am a property developer) .

The thing which really worried me is there are no smoke alarms in the building. This is a building with more than 40 apartments with people cooking and smoking so it is a definite risk. When I asked why no smoke alarms I was told it was because it is not the law in Hong Kong that landlords have to install them!!! (not a very good reason!) As we know in the UK as it is drilled into us in many TV adverts, it is not the fire which kills people, but the smoke inhalation. the office staff showed me a "break the glass" type old fashioned alarm in the lift lobby, but if someone is asleep and there is smoke in the building they would be unconscious and unable to press the button, so that is no use at all!!! Management need to address this safety issue asap, these alarms are not even expensive and I can't believe they don't have them.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter as away from street noise, but Hollywood Road is not a particularly noisy ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank saralove999
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear saralove999,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ovolo. We were happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have noted your comments about our smoke alarms. Please know that as a licensed residence, not hotel, the HK government doesn't encourage installation of fire alarms in each individual unit. Of course we always put the safety of our residents first and provide hoses and alarms in each floor lobby and comply by annual inspections from a registered fire equipments contractor. With this said, I will bring your valued feedback to the attention of our top management for a future review. Thank you.

Saralove999, thank you again for choosing us. I hope that you will return again for your next trip as team Ovolo look forward to welcome you both back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My friend got relocated to Hong Kong and I stayed with her for a few days whilst visiting Hong Kong. The location is great on Hollywood Road and is in a lively neighourhood with lots of cool shops and restaurants. It is not directly in Central but the MTR is close by and taxis are cheap. Walking to central is around 15 minutes which makes is very convenient. The decor is very well done and the whole apartment looks very modern and has high quality fittings (Bose stereo, Nespresso coffee machine, rain shower, B&O telephone etc.). They made the best with the small space they have. Whilst it was fine to share the apartment it is really only meant for one person in the long run. The staff were on hand if requested and answered promptly any requests we had. The daily housekeeping service is good too and the apartment is always neat and tidy. I guess the only negative part is that there is only one lift for around 30 floors which means the wait can be a bit long at times and that the wifi in the apartment was not strong enough to get the signal in the bedroom. However I would definitely recommend this service apartment if one has to stay a month or longer in HK for a work assignement or relocation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jetsetlife888
Cathy W, Manager at Ovolo Sheung Wan (Serviced Apartment), responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear jetsetlife888,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and sharing your experience of us. we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ovolo!
I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.
For your future visits back to Hong Kong, please feel free to email me on 222srm@ovologroup.com for any assistance you may require.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was a very good choice by my company. Pretty, clean with a great neighborhood in midlevels. About 15 walk from icc. Not the biggest but then again this is Hong Kong. Cheers to Cathy for always being there to help too. Wish i didnt have to relocate but as is life.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank happymarge
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I'm in Hong Kong quite a bit for work and this is my favorite place for extended stays. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Great location in a chic part of town. Could be a bit closer to soho like the como como.
2. Large rooms for Hong Kong. Very comfortable furniture, large wardrobe, large drawers. Nice desk space.
3. In room laundry!
4. Functional fully stocked kitchenette.
5. Nice tv, premium channels
6. Lovely bathroom
7. Friendly staff- awesome doormen!
8. They let you use the gym at 286 queens

Cons:
1. You need a month stay
2. My maid liked to randomly decide my towel allotment. It was never a full supply
3. I had a few maintenance issues- which were mind you repaired very quickly.

I wish I could always stay here because of the creature comforts of home, being able to make breakfast or a quick dinner is a nice break from eating out all the time.

The neighborhood is quiet, everything is convenient, and nightlife is 10 minutes walk away... Ok ok 20 in the rain in high heels ;)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank melcalbear2000