Book In Advance

from US$143.07
from US$229.10
from US$40.20
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 days ago

I did the tour on the 31st of May and I had the same experience as @mikeg216. I am a guide myself and I would die if I had to ask for tips to my guests. At the beginning I did not give him anything, but then I thought that you really have to need the money to ask for it, but is it right? The tour itself was ok, we were rushed to every place..... and not enjoyed so much the casino etc.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our tour guide was Cisco, and he was fantastic. Great explanations of the city and history. Incredible knowledge of the area and history and generally life in Macau. He organised the group really well. Made sure we were safe in crowds and advised us on personal security when needed. Excellent communicator and great personality. Would do this tour again. Well done Cisco.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this tour because Vigor had successfully provided our airport shuttle service and Hong Kong half day tour and we were not disappointed with this experience. The tour of Lantau was well organized and showed us an aspect of Hong Kong which we might not have otherwise seen. The guide was a Lantau local and he really knew about the island and was able to share his knowledge with us so that we got a feel for how the island has developed over time.
Seeing the Giant Buddha was amazing and lunch at the monastery was quite yummy. The highlight of course was the cable car ride over the island. That was amazing.

1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Have just got back from this tour. It was about 13 hours long. Had a great day. Alex our guide was wonderful, funny, and knowledgeable. The Pandas are beautiful. Loved everything about the day. This is a great trip and I recommend it.

1  Thank alisonmcy
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ferry crossing; tour of the island; visit to the Big Buddha; lunch at the monastery followed by a cable car experience down... if you have a few hours (like we did on a one night stop-over) then I’d thoroughly recommend doing this tour - our guide Crystal was so informative

1  Thank SCWNorfolk
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't normally like tours, but this was a no brainer. Everything is taken care of, from all of the transportation during the tour to lunch. And I thought it was a really reasonable price. The day was long but you get to see a lot! From the Tai Po fishing village to Po Lin Monastery, Big Buddha to the 360 cable car, you get to see a different, more relaxed side of Hong Kong. I just wish there had been a posted sign or that the tour guide was wearing a recognizable shirt so that I didn't have to wonder if I was in the right location to kick off the tour.

Some other reviewers noted that they thought lunch at the temple wasn't good. I disagree. I thought it was very tasty and well-timed. Even though it was vegetarian, no one went hungry!

I wish our guide Renee had a little more info to share about the Buddha and monastery/temples though.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very overpriced, the show was only average and did not last that long, we did get free drinks on board the junk, will not be recommending this venue to friends visiting Hong Kong, all hype and no substance

1  Thank Terry C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the Giant Buddha using the Ngong Ping 360 cable car. The reason I mention this is that there are several ways to get here, so I can only comment on the statue, and not the entire island.

For those of you who want to travel by alternate means, you can get to the island from Hong Kong, by boat, road and 'train' (it's really their metro) and is located near to Hong Kong Disneyland so you can visit both attractions on the same day (obviously, dependent on how long you spend at each venue and how physically fit you are!).

Anyway, stepping out of the cable car station, you walk into a fake ancient Chinese village which has been created specifically for tourists. It's a concrete road, so you can still walk to the statue and Po Lin monastery in bad weather, but is aligned on both sides with tourist shops selling various souvenirs.

There are also some statues and 'refreshment' shops so you can take your time.

Once you get to the bottom of the statue, you can go up (the stairs) towards the statue or carry on into the monastery or visit the circular platform directly below the statue, where people stop and pray as it's directly in the statue's gaze.

Climbing the stairs to the Buddha is a bit of a trek. There are 268 steps (apparently!) separated by several small levels which give you a chance to catch your breath! The steps have a handrail going up the middle and this defines the 2 routes - 1 up and 1 down.

You then reach the viewing platform and can walk round the base of the statue which also gives you a great view of the local area and the surrounding hills.

You can also enter the statue itself, and that costs about HK$45 (it's free to climb the stairs to the outside viewing area), but you can pay more to include a vegetarian meal. However, for your HK$45 you get a free ice cream and bottle of water, and the kind lady at the 'store' also threw in a can of Pringles crisps and a small pack of tissues, so I thought it good value as these items alone totalled more than what I paid for the ticket!

Going inside the statue gives you access to air conditioning (thank goodness!) and displays of the Buddhist religion which were really interesting, but you're not allowed to take photo's so I can't show you I'm afraid. There's not a lot else to say other than to note that when you exit the statue (it takes you back out to the viewing platform at the base of the statue), you are not allowed to re-enter.

Going down the steps is infinitely preferable to going up and walking down, eating my ice cream, gave me a sense of satisfaction of my achievement of reaching the statue without the need of first aid!

I also took the time of going to the circular platform to stop and give a small prayer, in the gaze of the statue, and was pleased to see the respect all the visitors paid to both the statue and to those who wanted to pray there. A short queue of people formed and each person took their turn to stand in the centre of the platform so you could be in the intended view of 'Buddha' - it certainly raised my spirits up.

I'm not religious but I have every respect for those that are and even I found the visit here very interesting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The tour was simply amazing. We took the ferry first and then passed immigration (you have to provide all fingerprints on a machine then again to the guy at the counter!).
We were taken to see a local kindergarten, then the terracotta warriors and the giant pandas. One of them briefly woke up and walked around (there were people screaming everywhere)

Then up to Guangzhou (2 hour coach ride) for a nice lunch (although I wouldn’t include the spring rolls, please. That’s like, Chinese food made for westerners) and a walk around town and the market, followed by the visit to a temple and another museum. Then back to Hong Kong by train (2hours) after another long immigration check. Thank God for the group visa.

Our tour guide was really nice and informative and made sure we all got back to our hotels safely. It is a long day though (around 16 hours for us). Tour started at 7:30am and didn’t get back to the hotel until 11pm, but it was totally worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First stop. Floating houses of fishermen, it's ok. Nothing much. Just a marina with old boats and people living in them. Stop #2 jewelry shop, this is the worst case of "sell whatever you can" i have ever seen, totally avoidable stop, not wvwn wasting money or time. Stop #3 Stanley market, its ok just a market, nice place. Stop #4 the peak+tram ride, is nice and a must do when in HK. All in all it lacks info, lacks historic landmarks. Could be much better.