“Will not return”

V Causeway Bay Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Ranked #497 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Will not return”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The pictures on the website look really decent, though I had expected the room to be small. But what I saw when I checked in just made me feel like I want to check out immediately and here's why:
1) the hotel is extremely difficult to find. The street name on the address does not really represent the road this hotel is located on. Taxis are not allowed to stop outside the hotel and had to make a turn before allowing me to alight. This is extremely inconvenient when you are lugging a luggage (or two) and rain makes it worse.
2) the reception counter is on level 8 and the security/concierge (I don't actually know who they are) on ground floor where the main door is does not speak good English.
3) I instructed the security/concierge that a friend is checking in on the next day and asked them to prepare a room key for her when she arrives as I will be out. But my friend had to call me when she was checking in as the reception did not want to give her the key card. I had to send an email for them to do so. What if I didn't have Internet access?
4) the room layout is not well thought out and is very cramp. The study desk had no power points near it and I had to move the desk next to the bed so that I can power up my laptop while I work. Very silly.
5) the bathroom has no shower screen. It only has a shower curtain which means that the bathroom floor was wet after a shower. The sink was tiny and uncomfortable to use.
6) I found a pubic hair (yes, disgusting) next to my bed. The next day, the housekeeper didn't clean it away. I had to use a tissue paper and dispose it myself.
7) I wanted to check out earlier but was told by the reception that my stay is not refundable when in fact the cancellation policy is 48hr. But I managed to shorten my stay in the end. The receptionist at the counter wasn't friendly nor helpful.

The serviced apartment provided free minibar, but that wasn't enough to compensate for its shortfalls.

Eventually I found another hotel down the street with bigger, nicer and cleaner rooms at a better price and more professional service.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank milkcandies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very small apartments. in the first one we got (Rm. Nr. 408), we can barely move. After complaining we got a bit bigger one (Rm. NR. 411). I wouldn't choose this hotel again. They accused us of burning the air condition remote control but we didn't burn it! Staff is not really helpful and they don't speek English so well.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tamaala
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Please note: This is a service apartment and not a hotel.

Good:
1. Check in service was very good and swift. Very courteous and friendly check in staff.
2. Location: At Yee Wo, it is very central and within 3-10 minutes walking to most shopping and food areas in Causeway.
3. Cleanliness" Tops. Very good. And, could be because it is not too old as yet.
4. Has some cooking appliances if you are into cooking during a trip.
5. One of our rooms was upgraded. Lucky me...

Not so good:
1. All rooms are non-smoking. (Haha, for those who smoke, this is tough)
2. Taxi could not find a place to stop and hence have to drop us at another hotel location and we then have to walk over with our luggages.
3. Rooms are very very very smallish. For one person for 1-2 nights, i think still all right. For 2 persons, well each will have to take his/her turn to move around.
4. Not enough switches in the room (only one) and have to run to the reception to get extension plugs as we have more than one device to charge.
5. One of our rooms, in the bathroom, there is nowhere/no shelvings to put the necessary like shampoos etc. A bit difficult then as it was cold and have to reach out to the table outside the bathroom to get the necessary.
6. We paid about S$160 per room. A bit expensive. The free mini bar is nothing but 2 cans of beers and some soft drinks.
7. All our rooms faces the road. The hotel is just at the edge of the road. So, you can hear the noises of the buses, vehicles passing by whole night.

Overall it is still a nice place for accommodation. But for me, since it is non-smoking, it will be a no-no for future bookings.

Room Tip: Maybe choosing a high floor and also facing away from the road will help shield the noises from the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

V hotel causeway bay has a good location (within 5 mins walk from MTR station Causeway Bay Station E Exit) and the room is very clean. As the room is small (quite typical in Hong Kong), we appreciate the many compartments in the room so that we can store our stuffs (and keep our luggage aside) because of the limited space in the room. As we have a small kitchenette with extra sink, it also makes it easier for people who are sharing room (such that one can be showering while the other brushing teeth etc). Good value for money, highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are afraid of noise, ask for room not facing the main road
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GromitJunior
Beijing, China
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was staying in Hong Kong for 2 nights. My room was spacious compared with other hotels I stayed before in Hong Kong. It's very close to metro station, but the entrance is a bit difficult to find. I could hear street construction noise during night time. Overall, I am happy with my experience in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in HKG. The floor plan is no where near to the one shown in their website.
The room is nano size.There is no room to store the suit case.The shower room is behind the door where the TV is. I called it a shower room as both the toilet and sink are inside this small room. When I take a shower, everything got wet including the toilet paper and towel. You have to go outside the shower room to get changed.
Sound insulation is bad and can hear conversations from next door.
There is no 24 hours receptions.
It is no stopping zone outside the hotel, you have to haul your luggage for a 3 to 5 minutes walk to get a taxi. If there are 2 security guards on duty, he may be able to help you to carry the luggage to get a taxi, otherwise you are on your own.
I definitely will not stay in v hotel again. The last hotel I stayed in HKG is of a better area, bigger room and cheaper.

Room Tip: Complain and complain. They will upgrade you to a bigger room and give you late check out.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank K P

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Don't forget Causeway Bay commercial rental is the highest in the world. For the money, it is excellent. Service is good. So convenient with everything especially shops, eatery, MTR. Highly recommended. Will use it again next trip

Room Tip: get off taxi at Sugar Street, not Yee Woo street. Most taxi drivers do not know this apartment as th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple