The pictures on the website look really decent, though I had expected the room to be small. But what I saw when I checked in just made me feel like I want to check out immediately and here's why:
1) the hotel is extremely difficult to find. The street name on the address does not really represent the road this hotel is located on. Taxis are not allowed to stop outside the hotel and had to make a turn before allowing me to alight. This is extremely inconvenient when you are lugging a luggage (or two) and rain makes it worse.
2) the reception counter is on level 8 and the security/concierge (I don't actually know who they are) on ground floor where the main door is does not speak good English.
3) I instructed the security/concierge that a friend is checking in on the next day and asked them to prepare a room key for her when she arrives as I will be out. But my friend had to call me when she was checking in as the reception did not want to give her the key card. I had to send an email for them to do so. What if I didn't have Internet access?
4) the room layout is not well thought out and is very cramp. The study desk had no power points near it and I had to move the desk next to the bed so that I can power up my laptop while I work. Very silly.
5) the bathroom has no shower screen. It only has a shower curtain which means that the bathroom floor was wet after a shower. The sink was tiny and uncomfortable to use.
6) I found a pubic hair (yes, disgusting) next to my bed. The next day, the housekeeper didn't clean it away. I had to use a tissue paper and dispose it myself.
7) I wanted to check out earlier but was told by the reception that my stay is not refundable when in fact the cancellation policy is 48hr. But I managed to shorten my stay in the end. The receptionist at the counter wasn't friendly nor helpful.
The serviced apartment provided free minibar, but that wasn't enough to compensate for its shortfalls.
Eventually I found another hotel down the street with bigger, nicer and cleaner rooms at a better price and more professional service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your V Causeway Bay Hotel and Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- v Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong
- V Causeway Bay Hotel And Serviced Apartments Hong Kong