“Nice looking, Impractical designed, Expensive & Tiny”

V Causeway Bay Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Ranked #478 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice looking, Impractical designed, Expensive & Tiny”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room design looks good on the surface ONLY. Small details like hooks for your cloths in the bath room when you want to shower is non existence. The toiletries had to be left on the floor because there was no holders for it. When you shower the entire bath room and toilet get soaking wet. The ONLY good comments I have was for the front desk staff - they had to do their very best to handle a multitude of complaints.

There was a time that I had to force them to clean my room twice because its either they replace my bedsheets and covers with badly stained ones or they left the floors with all these hair and clumps of dust from don't know where.

The reservation is one big painful headache! - they don't have a clue on what they're doing!

Room Tip: No idea -- all the rooms are different in design and layout. We had 3 rooms and all were different...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank calvin266

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
California, Maryland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room is extremely small which is only can place one luggage!!! Overall service is good, the receptionists Pinky and Sonia are nice, only one lady is rude. She hanged up phone rudely when i were checking in, no smile at all. The guy at reception privided excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Shanizws
Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Once you find the almost hidden entrance to the V at Causeway Bay you're in for a treat. I had room 403 which appeared to be the biggest room on that floor. It was certainly much, much larger than those of colleagues. I can't complain about room size, but they might. It comes with a free bottle of wine and free mini bar that is replenished each day. The service was prompt and courteous and the room spotlessly clean.

Location though is perfect. Food, shopping and transport on the doorstep and in the immediate vicinity. The only problem I had was with the washing machine and with no instructions, it took an eternity to work out how to use it. I would have no problems staying here again but would ask for a large room.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room like 403.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank David F
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The pictures on the website look really decent, though I had expected the room to be small. But what I saw when I checked in just made me feel like I want to check out immediately and here's why:
1) the hotel is extremely difficult to find. The street name on the address does not really represent the road this hotel is located on. Taxis are not allowed to stop outside the hotel and had to make a turn before allowing me to alight. This is extremely inconvenient when you are lugging a luggage (or two) and rain makes it worse.
2) the reception counter is on level 8 and the security/concierge (I don't actually know who they are) on ground floor where the main door is does not speak good English.
3) I instructed the security/concierge that a friend is checking in on the next day and asked them to prepare a room key for her when she arrives as I will be out. But my friend had to call me when she was checking in as the reception did not want to give her the key card. I had to send an email for them to do so. What if I didn't have Internet access?
4) the room layout is not well thought out and is very cramp. The study desk had no power points near it and I had to move the desk next to the bed so that I can power up my laptop while I work. Very silly.
5) the bathroom has no shower screen. It only has a shower curtain which means that the bathroom floor was wet after a shower. The sink was tiny and uncomfortable to use.
6) I found a pubic hair (yes, disgusting) next to my bed. The next day, the housekeeper didn't clean it away. I had to use a tissue paper and dispose it myself.
7) I wanted to check out earlier but was told by the reception that my stay is not refundable when in fact the cancellation policy is 48hr. But I managed to shorten my stay in the end. The receptionist at the counter wasn't friendly nor helpful.

The serviced apartment provided free minibar, but that wasn't enough to compensate for its shortfalls.

Eventually I found another hotel down the street with bigger, nicer and cleaner rooms at a better price and more professional service.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank milkcandies

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very small apartments. in the first one we got (Rm. Nr. 408), we can barely move. After complaining we got a bit bigger one (Rm. NR. 411). I wouldn't choose this hotel again. They accused us of burning the air condition remote control but we didn't burn it! Staff is not really helpful and they don't speek English so well.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tamaala
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Please note: This is a service apartment and not a hotel.

Good:
1. Check in service was very good and swift. Very courteous and friendly check in staff.
2. Location: At Yee Wo, it is very central and within 3-10 minutes walking to most shopping and food areas in Causeway.
3. Cleanliness" Tops. Very good. And, could be because it is not too old as yet.
4. Has some cooking appliances if you are into cooking during a trip.
5. One of our rooms was upgraded. Lucky me...

Not so good:
1. All rooms are non-smoking. (Haha, for those who smoke, this is tough)
2. Taxi could not find a place to stop and hence have to drop us at another hotel location and we then have to walk over with our luggages.
3. Rooms are very very very smallish. For one person for 1-2 nights, i think still all right. For 2 persons, well each will have to take his/her turn to move around.
4. Not enough switches in the room (only one) and have to run to the reception to get extension plugs as we have more than one device to charge.
5. One of our rooms, in the bathroom, there is nowhere/no shelvings to put the necessary like shampoos etc. A bit difficult then as it was cold and have to reach out to the table outside the bathroom to get the necessary.
6. We paid about S$160 per room. A bit expensive. The free mini bar is nothing but 2 cans of beers and some soft drinks.
7. All our rooms faces the road. The hotel is just at the edge of the road. So, you can hear the noises of the buses, vehicles passing by whole night.

Overall it is still a nice place for accommodation. But for me, since it is non-smoking, it will be a no-no for future bookings.

Room Tip: Maybe choosing a high floor and also facing away from the road will help shield the noises from the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

V hotel causeway bay has a good location (within 5 mins walk from MTR station Causeway Bay Station E Exit) and the room is very clean. As the room is small (quite typical in Hong Kong), we appreciate the many compartments in the room so that we can store our stuffs (and keep our luggage aside) because of the limited space in the room. As we have a small kitchenette with extra sink, it also makes it easier for people who are sharing room (such that one can be showering while the other brushing teeth etc). Good value for money, highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are afraid of noise, ask for room not facing the main road
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends