“the bad experience”

Ranked #479 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“the bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My first experience just arrived in HK as a resident...
I spent almost four months in this serviced apartments and and I had the worse experience ever!
I immediatelly realized that website pics are fake!
These are not "serviced" apartments!
The service simply does not exist at all!
Very expensive, very old, very busy area, noisy...
You can even spend hours waiting for the elevators... these are not synchronized and always go to the ground floor even when you're inside and want to reach another floor... you still need to pass by the groundfloor!!!
They ask for a montly rate deposit (one month in advance) and they promise to refound the deposit in maximum 30 days from your departure... then I had to threaten them to get my money back after weeks!!!
I strongly suggest not to stay in this place if you need even a minimum confort.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank vincenzodubla
theV_hk, Director of Sales at V Causeway Bay Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your valuable comments during your recent visit to V hotels and serviced apartments. Your comments play an invaluable role in our strive for excellence.
More specifically, we do value our guests, and therefore would like to respond to some of comments you have brought to light:

Regarding your experience with the elevator, we have taken your valuable comments and reflected your opinions to the elevator company and they will arrange an additional inspection.

For the deposit refund, we have given an additional training to our staff to ensure the professional standard is attained.

Thank you again for your support and we hope to welcome you back to V serviced apartments in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A very chic hotel which is so fully equipped! Apart from the basic amenities, there's a huge fridge with soft drinks replenished everyday (no kidding), a washing machine, an oven, an iron with an iron board which is pretty rare for such a price! It's indeed pretty small just like other hotels are (unless you stayed in a 4 or 5 star hotel) but there're so many compartments which you can stuff or keep your things & not being worried for such a congested room!

As it's located at the main road or a restricted zone for car to stop, you may need to walk in less than 2 mins if you're taking a taxi. There's a taxi stand after you turned right from the hotel entrance (in front of Fashion Walk mall). Taxi fare from the airport to this area is approximately HKD350 per ride.

If you're taking MTR, it'll be Causeway Bay station Exit E which is just next to Sogo Shopping Mall or located at Island Beverly Centre (if you've been to Hong Kong, there're many exits but this would be the nearest to the hotel). Just walked across this MTR exit, turn left & walked straight till you see a 7-11, a book store/ CD shop, V Causeway Bay is just right at the corner with a golden brown door.

There's McDonald's right opposite, some local street food on your right turning & a cinema, a 24-hour Supermarket (Well Save) just right behind this hotel which is so convenient. It's just about 5mins walk to Times Square too!

I'll definitely wanna go back to V Causewaybay as it's just too convenient & the service is excellent!

Free wifi with the fastest speed is provided as well.

P.s.: Special credit to the lady guard on duty on the Ground Floor! She's so friendly & helpful always!

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms further from the elevator as it's pretty noisy (door closing). You don'...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank msbel2012
theV_hk, Manager at V Causeway Bay Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Many thanks for your recent stay at V Causeway Bay.

We are delighted to learn that you generally enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate very much for your kind words, this strengthens our confident on service approach in the right direction. We will definitely encourage our team by sharing your kind words with all our team members.

As you might also be aware that we have several hotels and serviced apartments in Hong Kong. Should you require any further accommodation arrangement in Hong Kong, we would definitely like to keep abreast of your needs for accommodation, be it short or long stays. Do contact us directly and let us know your requirement if any, we shall recommend to you with our best package and offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future at our unique design properties of V family.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room design looks good on the surface ONLY. Small details like hooks for your cloths in the bath room when you want to shower is non existence. The toiletries had to be left on the floor because there was no holders for it. When you shower the entire bath room and toilet get soaking wet. The ONLY good comments I have was for the front desk staff - they had to do their very best to handle a multitude of complaints.

There was a time that I had to force them to clean my room twice because its either they replace my bedsheets and covers with badly stained ones or they left the floors with all these hair and clumps of dust from don't know where.

The reservation is one big painful headache! - they don't have a clue on what they're doing!

Room Tip: No idea -- all the rooms are different in design and layout. We had 3 rooms and all were different...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank calvin266

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

California, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room is extremely small which is only can place one luggage!!! Overall service is good, the receptionists Pinky and Sonia are nice, only one lady is rude. She hanged up phone rudely when i were checking in, no smile at all. The guy at reception privided excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Shanizws
Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Once you find the almost hidden entrance to the V at Causeway Bay you're in for a treat. I had room 403 which appeared to be the biggest room on that floor. It was certainly much, much larger than those of colleagues. I can't complain about room size, but they might. It comes with a free bottle of wine and free mini bar that is replenished each day. The service was prompt and courteous and the room spotlessly clean.

Location though is perfect. Food, shopping and transport on the doorstep and in the immediate vicinity. The only problem I had was with the washing machine and with no instructions, it took an eternity to work out how to use it. I would have no problems staying here again but would ask for a large room.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room like 403.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank David F
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The pictures on the website look really decent, though I had expected the room to be small. But what I saw when I checked in just made me feel like I want to check out immediately and here's why:
1) the hotel is extremely difficult to find. The street name on the address does not really represent the road this hotel is located on. Taxis are not allowed to stop outside the hotel and had to make a turn before allowing me to alight. This is extremely inconvenient when you are lugging a luggage (or two) and rain makes it worse.
2) the reception counter is on level 8 and the security/concierge (I don't actually know who they are) on ground floor where the main door is does not speak good English.
3) I instructed the security/concierge that a friend is checking in on the next day and asked them to prepare a room key for her when she arrives as I will be out. But my friend had to call me when she was checking in as the reception did not want to give her the key card. I had to send an email for them to do so. What if I didn't have Internet access?
4) the room layout is not well thought out and is very cramp. The study desk had no power points near it and I had to move the desk next to the bed so that I can power up my laptop while I work. Very silly.
5) the bathroom has no shower screen. It only has a shower curtain which means that the bathroom floor was wet after a shower. The sink was tiny and uncomfortable to use.
6) I found a pubic hair (yes, disgusting) next to my bed. The next day, the housekeeper didn't clean it away. I had to use a tissue paper and dispose it myself.
7) I wanted to check out earlier but was told by the reception that my stay is not refundable when in fact the cancellation policy is 48hr. But I managed to shorten my stay in the end. The receptionist at the counter wasn't friendly nor helpful.

The serviced apartment provided free minibar, but that wasn't enough to compensate for its shortfalls.

Eventually I found another hotel down the street with bigger, nicer and cleaner rooms at a better price and more professional service.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank milkcandies
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very small apartments. in the first one we got (Rm. Nr. 408), we can barely move. After complaining we got a bit bigger one (Rm. NR. 411). I wouldn't choose this hotel again. They accused us of burning the air condition remote control but we didn't burn it! Staff is not really helpful and they don't speek English so well.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business